Automobile accidents remain the most common form of negligent personal injury. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) there were approximately 2.35 million people injured in traffic accidents in 2008 and an additional 37,261 fatalities nationwide. The Department of Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles report a total of 243,342 automobile crashes in Florida in 2008 resulting in injuries to 199,658 people and 2983 reported fatalities.
The statistics cited above are astounding when considered alone however for those who themselves or their loved ones have been involved in a serious crash the resulting injuries, uncertainty, economic losses and psychological toll can be overwhelming particularly when there is the added frustration of attempting to work with the insurance companies to repair your vehicle, pay medical bills or obtain reimbursement of wage loss.
At Florin Roebig, P.A. we believe people deserve compensation for injuries caused by the negligent acts of others. Our attorneys have extensive experience in representing seriously injured victims and are intimately familiar with the tactics and lengths insurance companies will employ to protect their own financial interests.
We urge you to consider a free consultation with the attorneys at Florin Roebig, P.A. to insure that the interests of you and your loved ones are protected should you be injured as a result of another’s negligence.
What should I do if I am involved in an automobile accident?
At the scene:
- Remain calm.
- Check for injuries to you, your passengers or occupants of the other vehicle.
- Call 911 for the police and ambulance, if necessary.
- Obtain the other driver’s name, address, phone number and automobile insurance information.
- Obtain the names and contact information for any witnesses.
- Take photographs of the damage of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Contact the attorneys at Florin Roebig, P.A. We are here to assist you. Simply fill in the consultation form by clicking on the link above or call us toll free at 800-226-6581. The consultation is free and our representation is based upon a contingency fee basis.
- Report the accident to your insurer.
- Obtain medical treatment promptly.
- Do not provide a statement to the insurance company for the other driver without first consulting an attorney.
- Obtain photographs of any visible injuries, i.e. bruising, abrasions, road rash.
- Maintain a diary of your daily experiences to include pain levels, restrictions and how the injuries have affected your day to day life.
At Florin Roebig, P.A. we have represented thousands of car accident victims and we understand the necessity and urgency of providing answers, counsel and results to our clients.