Over 3 million people in the US are injured each year due to auto accidents. The impact of personal injury can be devastating, and affect your daily life. If you are dealing with pain and suffering, emotional distress, or even serious injury, you may be eligible to receive compensation through a bodily injury claim following your car accident.
What Are The Steps To Filing A Bodily Injury Claim?
Florida has state laws supporting auto accident victims to pursue compensation after filing a claim as the result of an auto accident. You may be eligible to file a bodily injury claim, which can pay for medical costs and damages after an auto accident. The claim is a combination of your own insurance coverage combined with the negligent driver’s insurance company being held responsible for compensation ranging from medical bills, lost wages, and various other expenses.
- Seek medical assistance – Immediately after an auto accident, seek medical treatment. Your safety is what matters most. Hold on to any medical records or documents received, and follow the advice of your medical provider. This will also serve as a record for any possible injuries, and this documentation is evidence in your case when seeking compensation for your bodily injury claim.
- Connect with an expert lawyer – At Florin Roebig, we are committed to providing you with highly skilled personal injury attorney services. We value the attorney-client relationship and honor that by fighting for you to receive the maximum amount of compensation for your personal injury claim. We will guide you through this process and be with you every step of the way when navigating your bodily injury claim.
- Maintain Documents – Gather all documentation ranging from medical expenses, police reports, insurance policy information, and any other forms of records that will confirm that your claims are valid. Make sure that you are communicating with your attorney and providing documentation as requested which could help support your case.
- Filing the Claim – Florida is a no-fault state. This law means that in an auto accident, both the injured party’s insurance policy and the fault driver’s insurance policy will be used when pursuing these claims. This means regardless of who was at fault, both drivers will need to have the appropriate insurance policies as required by state law. Florida drivers are required to have Personal Injury Protection insurance as part of their car insurance policy.
While the process may seem daunting, Florin Roebig is going to help you by providing the best possible legal advice and guidance. Your attorney will serve as the ultimate resource needed to guide your bodily injury lawsuit. Our experts will have the dedication and experience needed for you to win a fair settlement amount.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Personal Injury Claim Vs. Bodily Injury Claim
As the injured person, you may hear these phrases used synonymously. Understanding the differences is important when proceeding with your claim. You will want to be clear when meeting with the insurance adjuster and any other entities when pursuing your injury settlement.
- Personal injury claim – Personal injury law allows the injured party to seek payout for losses such as motor vehicle loss due to a car accident. Personal injury covers any type of injury that is the result of an accident or incident.
- Bodily injury – Bodily injuries are caused by the at fault party. This is injuries sustained on the victim’s body as the result of an auto accident. Bodily injury is often used in criminal cases (instances such as drunk driving for example) in order to claim damages and receive compensation.
Bodily Injury Liability Claim
A bodily injury claim is when the insured party seeks compensation from the insurer for expenses as a result of injuries from an auto accident. Bodily injury claims generally cover medical expenses and will vary in terms of specific insurance coverage.
Our Featured Case Results
What You Should Know About Bodily Injury Coverage And Claims
The process of filing a bodily injury claim after an accident in the state of Florida depends on various factors ranging from coverage limits to a driver’s bodily injury liability insurance.
- Because Florida is a no fault state, insurance claims are based upon both parties’ bodily injury liability coverage.
- A third-party claim holds the faulty driver responsible for assisting with paying for damages. This means the other driver’s liability insurance is used in your case to assist with covering costs.
- No fault means that drivers will use their own insurance to pay for medical bills. Lawsuits are filed when the medical costs exceed the amount post the injured party’s own health insurance.
- When you file a bodily injury claim, it is important to feel confident when hiring the attorney who will handle your case.
- Seeking medical treatment immediately will create a more accurate case, and serve as a fair record that will support your bodily injury claims process.
Dealing With The Insurance Company
It is important to remember the insurance adjuster does not work for the injured party, or the negligent driver. An insurance adjuster’s priorities will be maintaining profits for the insurance company.
However, going to court is often costly for insurance companies so the insurance adjuster is also there to assist in developing mutually beneficial settlements in order to avoid going to court. Often, they will make initial (possibly lower) offers and your lawyer will negotiate the amount on your behalf. This is why choosing a trusted attorney is crucial – so you can know that you will have the best possible chance at receiving a fair settlement for your injuries.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Are You Seeking Payout From Bodily Injuries As A Result From A Car Accident?
If you or a loved one who have been injured in a car accident, it is important to choose the right attorney. As a motorist who is navigating the difficulties of bodily injury, possible property damage, and potential malpractice from a negligent driver, you want a law firm that will represent you to the fullest extent.
The attorneys at the law firm of Florin Roebig are committed to assisting you during this difficult time following bodily injury that results from a car accident. We are committed to making sure you receive maximum payout for your claim. Call us today for a free consultation.