Anyone can become a car accident victim. Even if you take all the necessary precautions on the road, another driver’s negligence can leave you with injuries. In many cases, these injuries lead to a mountain of medical expenses and other losses, such as lost wages, disability, loss of enjoyment of life, and much more. The best way to recover fair compensation for these losses is to file a claim against the party responsible for your crash.
Filing a car accident personal injury claim can be an overwhelming experience. In order to give yourself the best possible chance of success, you need the right personal injury attorney on your side.
The experienced car accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig understand car accident claims in Miami Gardens, and we are here to help protect your legal rights.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Miami Gardens
Every car accident in Miami Gardens is unique. While some car accidents have a single, clear cause, others may be the result of multiple contributing factors. In general, you will be able to file a car accident claim in Miami Gardens if you can show that the car crash was at least partly the result of negligence. Florida defines “negligence” as the failure to exercise the minimum level of care required by law.
Some of the car accident causes that may fall under the heading of negligence include:
- driver inattention, such as texting or talking on a cellphone
- driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (drunk driving)
- speeding or failing to adhere to other traffic laws, such as running red lights
- road rage and other deliberate actions that cause accidents
When more than one factor contributes to a crash, the auto accident case becomes more complicated. For this reason, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced personal injury attorney.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
One of the primary reasons you may choose to file a car accident claim is related to the medical expenses and other losses you have incurred because of the accident. When a car accident leads to serious injuries and property damage, a variety of expenses will follow.
You may have been forced to pay medical bills and miss work. You may also have been forced to replace expensive personal property and/or seek counseling for psychological trauma related to the accident. If you file a successful car accident claim, you will be able to recover a settlement offer intended to compensate you for all your losses resulting from the accident.
Many car accident victims also choose to file claims in order to hold the negligent driver responsible for the injuries they caused, as well as to reduce the risk of future car accidents.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Cases
Many different factors can affect your ability to file a car accident claim, as well as the outcome of the claim. For example, the severity of your injuries is one of the issues that will be considered when deciding your claim and calculating any settlement amounts.
Likewise, if you missed time at work and/or if you are no longer able to work, you may have a better chance of winning the case. Other factors that may be considered include the impact of the accident on your finances, mental health and overall quality of life.
Keep in mind that you will not be able to file a successful car accident claim in Florida unless you can show that the party responsible was negligent. The state of Florida practices comparative negligence, which means that you can still file a car accident lawsuit even if you share some fault for the crash. You must also file the claim within a certain amount of time following a motor vehicle accident in order to qualify for compensation.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
One of the first questions potential claimants typically ask relates to the monetary value of the claim. However, many different factors can affect the amount of compensation you win, so it is difficult to provide a specific estimate.
Some of the factors that are likely to come into play include:
- the nature of your injuries
- the exact amount of financial losses you can prove
- whether you have been able to return to work
- your estimated future losses
For a more detailed assessment of your claim’s value, consult experienced Miami Gardens car accident lawyers for a free case evaluation.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Auto Accident Injury Claims
A variety of different types of damages may be awarded to you if your car accident claim is successful.
Some of the damages you may receive include:
- medical payments — Your settlement may include compensation for your past medical expenses, as well as estimated future medical costs.
- compensation for lost wages — If you missed work because of your accident and/or if you are expected to miss work in the future, you may receive money intended to replace the wages you have lost.
- compensation for pain and suffering — You may have experienced extreme pain during and after the crash. In some cases, chronic pain may even continue for months and years to come. Non-economic damages may be added to your settlement to compensate you for these experiences.
- damages for emotional turmoil and loss of enjoyment — Many car accident victims experience psychological trauma and ongoing emotional turmoil because of their experiences. In addition, you may also have suffered a decrease in your quality of life. Car accident claim settlement offers may include damages related to these losses.
- punitive damages — In cases involving extreme negligence or malicious intent, you may be awarded punitive damages in your settlement offer.
Car Accident Rates In Miami Gardens
Miami Gardens is a part of Miami-Dade County, where there were a total of 65,986 auto accidents recorded in 2017. These accidents led to 285 fatalities and 32,389 injuries. The number of injuries, fatalities, and total accidents has remained relatively stable in Miami-Dade County over the past three years.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Miami Gardens
By law, you are not required to hire a car accident attorney in order to file a claim. However, hiring an attorney will dramatically increase your chances of winning the case.
An experienced, dedicated personal injury lawyer will be able to make sure that you are complying with all of Florida’s legal requirements and that you have the evidence you need to present a strong argument.
At Florin|Roebig, we employ some of the best car accident lawyers serving Miami Gardens.
Members of our legal team include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Luca G Esposito
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
Whether you’re in Miami Gardens or elsewhere in South Florida, we want to help you or your loved one recover financially after your car accident injury.
Some of the other areas throughout Florida we serve include:
- Coral Gables
- Fort Lauderdale
- North Miami Beach
- West Palm Beach
- Broward County
- Pembroke Pines
Find A Miami Gardens Car Accident Attorney Near You
If you have been involved in a car accident in Miami Gardens, you have only a limited time to file a claim. If you fail to file a claim before the statute of limitations expires, you will forfeit your legal right to collect compensation. To file a car accident claim successfully, you need legal representation from an experienced attorney.
Please contact the law offices of Florin|Roebig Florin|Roebig today to learn more or to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.