Life can change in an instant if you’re involved in a car accident in St. Pete Beach, Florida. Injury to yourself or your passengers may be devastating. Don’t settle for less of an insurance payout than you deserve. Call car accident lawyers in St. Pete Beach first to find out how much compensation you can claim if the unthinkable happens.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In St. Pete Beach
No driver ever wants to be involved in an auto accident. Sometimes, however, things happen that are beyond your control. Many common causes of car accidents in St. Pete Beach, Florida are symptoms of overcrowded road conditions.
Florida’s pristine beaches are hot spots for tourists year-round. This increases the odds that you may someday need to file a car accident claim in St. Pete Beach.
Common causes of car accidents in this area include:
- distracted drivers
- drivers who are driving while tired or impaired
- those who disregard posted speed limits and traffic signs
- people who fail to yield the right-of-way
- roadways that need serious repair
These are all common causes of auto accidents in St. Pete Beach and the surrounding areas. When you meet up on Florida’s roadways with a driver who’s being negligent, you shouldn’t be the one left paying the bill.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
There are many good reasons to file a car accident claim in St. Pete Beach if you’ve suffered injury or property damage due to a negligent driver. Filing a claim helps identify those who shouldn’t be behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. Punitive damages may also act as sobering deterrents to prevent a driver from engaging in reckless driving again.
Additionally, filing a car accident claim can help you gain compensation for injuries to yourself or damage to your vehicle. Medical bills and costly car repairs should not be your responsibility if your accident happened because of someone else. The best way to protect yourself from monetary loss is to hire an attorney to help you file a claim.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Various factors will affect your car accident claim in St. Pete Beach, and it’s the responsibility of your car accident attorneys to help you claim as much compensation as possible. This means if you’re badly hurt or left with an injury such as blindness that will affect the rest of your life, your claim is worth more.
Your claim is also worth more if it leaves you severely scarred or disfigured. Injuries that affect your emotional health are just as impactful as the ones to your body.
Conversely, your claim may be worth less if the courts find you to be partly responsible for your accident. If you were exceeding the speed limit, for instance, the court may limit your award. You may still gain compensation, but it may be less.
This is when it’s vital to have experienced car accident lawyers in St. Pete Beach working for you. They’ll prepare a strong case in your favor and get your claim in before the statute of limitations runs out. In Florida, this is four years from the date of the accident for injury and two years from the date of death for a wrongful death suit in the event of a fatality.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation you may win when you file a car accident claim in St. Pete Beach depends largely upon the skill and experience of your car accident attorneys. But, there are other factors at play, as well.
- the types of injuries you received and how severely they impact your present and future life
- whether you lost wages or the ability to earn wages as a result of your accident
- damage to your vehicle
- the costs of your medical expenses, including expenses for rehabilitation or counseling
- whether you require on-going care
It’s difficult to speculate exactly how much compensation you may win, but Florin|Roebig car accident lawyers understand laws in Florida. We regularly earn worthy settlements for deserving clients who have been involved in accidents just like yours.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
You may be eligible to receive several types of compensation based upon your level of injury and more.
Damages in Florida include the following:
- compensatory: Compensatory damages are designed to help pay for any expenses you incur as a result of your accident. These may include compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, loss of earning ability, ambulance fees, costs of rehabilitation, medications, and more.
- pain and suffering: You may also be compensated for emotional pain and suffering you experience as a direct result of your accident. This could include mental anguish, post-traumatic stress, loss of consortium, and more.
- punitive damages: Punitive damages are compensation that’s awarded to you from the other driver, typically in the form of monetary fines. Punitive damages are intended as punishments for drivers who show gross negligent or intentional misconduct. If you were hurt by a driver who was intentionally being malicious, vindictive, or reckless, you may be one of the few clients who are eligible to receive punitive damages.
Car (Auto) Accident Rates In St. Pete Beach
Florida’s roads accommodate millions of residents and tourists each year, which can lead to hazardous road conditions.
The statistics for 2018 are concerning:
- There were an average of over 1,000 motor vehicle crashes per day in Florida.
- In 2018, more than 236,000 people were injured on Florida’s roads, and 3,135 people died.
- Of the survivable injuries received, more than 19,000 were severe enough to be incapacitating.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving St. Pete Beach
If you’ve suffered injury at the hands of a negligent driver, call Florin|Roebig first. Serving St. Pete Beach and the surrounding areas, Florin|Roebig attorneys have the experience and skills to help you win your case.
Talk with one of our efficient and knowledgeable car accident attorneys today, including:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Since 1985, Florin|Roebig has been winning compensation for clients just like you. Consistently voted a best law firm for 10 years running by U.S. News & World Report, we’re experts in car accident claims. Don’t be enticed by low payout offers because the payout may be quicker. Call Florin|Roebig first to schedule a consultation and figure out how much compensation you stand to gain for your losses.