If you live in Beaumont Texas, and are having trouble getting what you believe you are owed for your hurricane damage claim, it’s time to call the top rated lawyers at Florin|Roebig. We can help Beaumont residents whose houses or businesses have been damaged by a hurricane like Hurricane Laura, or are in the process of making a claim to your homeowners insurance policy for flood or roof damage.
Dealing with an insurance company can be a confusing and frustrating process. Unfortunately, it is in the best interest of the insurance company to minimize your claim payment. For most Beaumont residents, their home is their biggest investment. To protect your investment, it is imperative that you hire an experienced hurricane damage attorney to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire A Beaumont Hurricane Lawyer?
Hurricane Harvey was the second-costliest hurricane in United States history between 1900 and today, and it could happen again. The hurricane, which made landfall in Texas, affected millions of property owners. It wrecked homes, cars and lives in its path at an unprecedented level for Texans.
In the aftermath of Harvey, Texas saw new laws passed that made it more difficult for plaintiffs to settle a lawsuit over an insurance damage claim that includes full payment of their legal fees. Steeper penalties also applied to insurance companies, with the goal of reducing the number of frivolous suits that come through Texas courthouses.
For survivors of Hurricane Harvey, and of future natural disasters in Texas, this means there are new things to consider when making claims and seeking payment for damages. Sometimes a Beaumont hurricane attorney may be necessary to ensure you receive adequate compensation for property damage on insurance claims.
You might also be interested in...
Hurricane Laura And Beaumont Residents
With a population of 118,424, and a 56.3% homeownership rate, Hurricane Laura affected thousands of property owners in the Beaumont area. The median property value in Beaumont is $99,800, which means the cost of hurricane damage can add up quickly. With such a high population and rate of home ownership, many in the area will need legal help following a hurricane. Not only did the hurricane cause catastrophic damage to homes, but to the cars and businesses in its path.
As a Category 4 hurricane, Hurricane Laura was the first major hurricane of the 2020 season. As Laura’s maximum sustained winds jumped from 75 mph to 150 mph, Judge Jeff Branick ordered a mandatory evacuation for all of Jefferson County. Residents in Beaumont, Texas left town to avoid the life-threatening storm surge, but left their homes, businesses, vehicles, and personal belongings behind. The aftermath of which left the Beaumont community with extensive property damage.
Types of hurricane damage in Beaumont include:
- Roof lifting: Roof lifting is just as it sounds – your roof blows off of your home or other property and either comes completely off or leaves behind serious damage.
- Roof damage: In addition to roof lifting, other damage can happen to your roof during a hurricane. This can ultimately result in the need for a full roof replacement.
- Structural damage: Wind gusts can blow down trees and power lines. These have the potential to fall on your home bringing down sections of your homes walls, roof, or other structures like a shed.
- Garage door damage: Garage doors are often very susceptible to damage caused by high winds and can blow in, blow down, or become damaged in another way. Your cars can suffer damage from this and potentially cause your cars to be totaled.
- Broken windows: Broken windows are very common in high winds and can leave the rest of your residence or property susceptible to damage.
- Moisture damage: High winds can blow in water and leave your home exposed, making the growth of mold and mildew highly likely. When a window seal is broken from hurricane gust winds, water damage is likely to occur.
- Damaged siding: Debris that is blown around due to high winds can cause damage to your property’s siding.
- Door loss: High winds can cause doors to blow in or even to come off of their hinges completely, requiring door replacement once the hurricane has passed.
- Sliding glass doors: Strong winds can break the seal around the sliding glass doors causing serious water intrusion. This can lead to mold and other moisture problems.
Our Featured Case Results
When Should I Hire A Hurricane Lawyer In Beaumont?
If you’re in Beaumont, Texas you should call an insurance claim attorney immediately if you experience any of the following:
- The insurance company tells you that the damage sustained is not covered by your policy
- You are told that the damage is due to flooding when you know it wasn’t
- You are offered a settlement value that is much lower than the cost of repairing your home
- The claim is denied by your homeowner’s insurance policy
- The adjuster makes false or misleading statements
What To Look For In A Beaumont Hurricane Lawyer
If your home or commercial property is damaged by a hurricane, you might be looking for the best attorney or law firm to represent you in your case. There are some important factors to consider when researching Beaumont hurricane attorneys:
- Make sure your attorney specializes in hurricane damage claims and is well versed in Texas insurance laws
- Acquire a law firm with a proven track record of winning for their clients
- Check reviews and see how high their client satisfaction rating is
- Ensure that your lawyer has experience representing clients in Beaumont
- Find a law firm that is willing to go to trial if the insurance company is not willing to settle for the amount you think you deserve
It can be extremely helpful to know who the top-rated hurricane lawyer is in Beaumont, Texas. No matter how much you prepare for a potential catastrophe, you may need a lawyer on your side during the aftermath of a hurricane.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Beaumont Hurricane Attorney: Support For Your Home and Business
If you own a home or business in Beaumont, Texas that has suffered hurricane damage, contact the attorneys at Florin|Roebig so we can get started on your claim today. We work with experts that have extensive experience assessing and evaluating damages caused by natural disasters. Our lawyers will assist you in all phases of your claim, from the initial damage evaluation through litigation. The attorneys at Florin|Roebig will do everything in their power to ensure that you receive a full and fair settlement as quickly as possible. Contact us for a free confidential case evaluation today.