Motorcycle accidents are all too common in Clearwater, Florida, often leading to serious injuries and even fatalities, in the worst cases. These accidents occur for a number of reasons, from driver distractions to hazards on the road. In many cases, however, these accidents occur because of negligence.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need the right attorney on your side to help you have the best chance of winning your personal injury case. Please contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Florin|Roebig today to learn more.
What You Need To Know About Motorcycle Accident Claims
Claims related to motorcycle accidents fall under the category of personal injury law. As a result, these cases are typically based on the concept of negligence. In order to win a motorcycle accident case, you must be able to show that the responsible party failed to adhere to the minimum standards of behavior required by law to protect other people.
States have differing policies when it comes to negligence. Courts in the state of Florida decide cases based on comparative negligence, which assigns different proportions of fault to all people or organizations involved in an incident. Even if you are partly at fault for the accident, you can still seek damages from other involved parties.
Following a motorcycle accident, it is important to make the right decisions in order to give yourself the best chance of collecting an appropriate settlement. After you have called for medical help and received the treatment you need, the next step is to call your personal injury attorney to begin the process of filing a claim.
Be sure to follow all the instructions your attorney offers with regards to seeking medical treatment and collecting evidence to ensure that your case goes as smoothly as possible.
Got hit Dec 10 2019. By a man who claimed he didn't see me. Called florin Roebig.P.A. They are helping me so much with my injuries and my suit I recommend them for First Call
Reasons People File Motorcycle Accident Claims
After you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may choose to file a claim against the party responsible for a wide variety of reasons. However, some motivations are more common among claimants than others.
Some of the benefits of filing a motorcycle accident claim include:
1. The negligent party is held responsible
When you are able to file a successful personal injury claim against the party responsible for your motorcycle accident, they are forced to face the consequences of their negligence. This process ensures that justice is served, and it provides you with a sense of closure as a victim.
2. Future incidents are less likely to occur
Holding the negligent party responsible for their actions will deter them from behaving as negligently and/or recklessly in the future. As a result, future incidents involving this person or organization are less likely to occur.
3. You have the compensation you need to recover
A successful motorcycle accident claim results in a settlement for the victim. With this settlement, you will be able to pay your medical bills, cover lost wages, and deal with any other monetary losses you experienced because of the accident. You may also receive compensation for intangible losses, such as emotional trauma.
Damages Awarded In Motorcycle Accident Claims In Clearwater
If you win your motorcycle accident personal injury claim, you may receive different types of damages as part of your settlement.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, you may receive:
- compensation for medical expenses you have already paid
- compensation for future estimated medical expenses
- payment of lost wages
- damages for your lost ability to earn a living
- benefits for pain, suffering, and emotional trauma experienced during and after the accident
- compensation for a decline in your quality of life
- punitive damages to punish the defendant for their negligence and/or malicious actions
Knowing What Your Claim Is Worth
Before you file a motorcycle accident claim, you may wonder how much money you can expect to receive if your claim is successful. Because all personal injury claims in Clearwater are unique, it can be difficult to determine exactly how much your claim is worth.
Several factors will come into play when calculating your maximum settlement amount, including:
- the nature of the injury — The more severe and painful your injury, the higher your settlement amount will be. For example, a mild injury to the leg that is expected to heal completely won’t bring as large of a settlement as a chronic brain injury.
- the financial impact — Most injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents will have a documented financial impact. For example, you may need to pay medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and bills to repair your motorcycle. You may also have other expenses, such as lost wages. These financial impacts will play a role in determining your settlement amount.
- your quality of life after the motorcycle accident — In addition to financial losses, you may experience a decline in your quality of life after your motorcycle accident. You may not be able to enjoy previous hobbies, and your relationships may suffer as well. These changes to your life will add to your settlement amount.
For an accurate estimate of your expected motorcycle accident settlement, you need to discuss your case with experienced personal injury attorneys serving Clearwater, such as those at Florin|Roebig.
Our Featured Case Results
Do I Need To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, hiring a qualified personal injury attorney is essential. Although it is possible to file a claim on your own, your chances of success won’t be nearly as high.
Having a personal injury attorney providing guidance and representation not only forces the defendant to take your claim seriously, but it also ensures that you have all the resources and information you need to build a strong case for court.
Facts On Motorcycle Accidents In Clearwater
Motorcycle accidents are common in Clearwater and Pinellas County, where Clearwater is located, and lead to a number of injuries:
- Clearwater is part of Pinellas County, where nearly 18,000 vehicle crashes occurred in 2017. A total of 507 of these crashes involved motorcycles.
- In 2017, there were 30 motorcycle crash fatalities in Pinellas County.
- 440 people were injured in motorcycle accidents in Pinellas County during 2017.
- The number of motorcycle crash injuries decreased from 2016 to 2017, but the number of fatalities increased.
List Of Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Serving Clearwater
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident and you want to file a claim against the party responsible, it is in your best interest to talk to an attorney first.
At Florin|Roebig, we offer access to a staff of experienced personal injury attorneys serving Clearwater, including:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Neil P. O’Brien, M.B.A.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Luca G. Esposito
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Parker Y. Florin, LL.M.
- Taylor D. Roebig
- Matthew L. McMullen
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
- Lawrence J. Najem, O.C.
- Andrew M. Leone, O.C.
- Nollys R. Solarte, O.C.
- Brian R. Dettman, O.C.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Motorcycle Accident Claim Today
Florin|Roebig has handled all types of personal injury cases, including those involving motorcycle accidents. If you or someone you know has been involved in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another person or organization, please contact Florin|Roebig today to schedule a consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys.