If you are injured in a motorcycle accident in Fort Lauderdale, you may suffer significant injuries. In many cases, you will even be left with chronic pain and disability that affects you for the rest of your life. For this reason, many motorcycle accident victims choose to file personal injury claims to collect damages.
Filing a claim against the person responsible for your crash may feel overwhelming, but it is the best way to get the compensation you deserve. Florin|Roebig attorneys can help you learn more about the personal injury claims process, file a claim when you are ready, and provide expert legal representation throughout your case.
What Are Your Rights Following A Motorcycle Accident?
Not every motorcycle accident will result in a personal injury claim. However, there are several circumstances in which you can file a lawsuit after a motorcycle accident.
You may have the right to file a personal injury claim due to a motorcycle accident under Florida law if:
- your accident was caused by another driver’s negligence — If your motorcycle accident was the result of another driver failing to follow traffic laws, you may be entitled to compensation.
- your accident was related to poor road conditions — Government bodies are typically responsible for maintaining reasonably safe conditions on the road. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident because of a poorly maintained, unsafe road, you may be able to file a claim against the government organization that failed to keep the road safe.
- you contributed to the accident, but are not entirely at fault — In some states, you cannot file a personal injury claim if you played any role in the accident that caused your injuries. However, in the state of Florida, you can still file a claim as long as you were not the only party responsible for the crash. The court will simply decrease your settlement amount proportionally based on your level of fault in the case.
If you are thinking about filing a personal injury claim after a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact an attorney right away. The state of Florida requires all personal injury claims to be filed within a specific amount of time after the incident in question. In addition, contacting an attorney as soon as possible is the best way to get the guidance you need to collect the right evidence and file a successful claim.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In Fort Lauderdale
In Fort Lauderdale, some of the most common factors contributing to motorcycle accidents include:
- distracted driving
- failure to yield to motorcycles
- failure to notice motorcycles on the road
- road rage
- inclement weather
- road hazards
- use of alcohol or drugs
The involvement of some of these factors may lead to a personal injury claim, while other factors will not. For example, a motorcycle accident resulting entirely from inclement weather will not qualify you for compensation. However, if someone involved in the accident was intoxicated and/or not obeying traffic laws, you can typically file a claim.
Got hit Dec 10 2019. By a man who claimed he didn't see me. Called florin Roebig.P.A. They are helping me so much with my injuries and my suit I recommend them for First Call
Why Do People File Motorcycle Accident Claims?
As the victim in a motorcycle accident, you may choose to file a personal injury claim against the responsible party for various reasons. One of the most common reasons for filing a claim is to collect compensation.
Motorcycle accidents result in significant expenses, including medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and more. Filing a personal injury claim allows you to collect compensation from the party responsible in order to cover these expenses.
Another reason you may decide to file a motorcycle accident claim is to hold the negligent party responsible for the damage they caused. When you file a lawsuit, the person or organization responsible is forced to face the consequences of their actions. Filing a personal injury claim against this party may also prevent them from behaving negligently in the future, and it can serve as a warning to others.
Damages Awarded In Motorcycle Accidents In Fort Lauderdale
Two main types of damages are awarded in motorcycle accident cases: compensatory damages and punitive damages.
Compensatory damages are intended to compensate you for specific losses you have experienced, such as damage to your property or medical bills you have incurred.
Punitive damages are intended to punish the responsible party for their negligence and are not based on any tangible loss you have experienced.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Every motorcycle accident claim is unique, so it is difficult to estimate the value of your claim on your own. However, you can get an idea of how much you can expect to win by considering the impact the accident has had on your life.
Factors the court will consider when calculating your settlement amount include:
- your medical bills
- future estimated medical expenses
- lost wages
- lost earning ability
- emotional trauma
- loss of enjoyment of your life
- the impact on your family relationships
Our Featured Case Results
Do You Need To Hire A Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Legally, you are not required to hire a motorcycle accident attorney in order to file a personal injury claim. However, hiring a qualified motorcycle accident attorney offers many benefits that make it worthwhile.
Some of the benefits of hiring an attorney include:
- experience and expertise — Attorneys who specialize in this practice area have already represented clients in many motorcycle accident claims in Fort Lauderdale. They understand how the law works, and they can help you build the strongest case possible.
- guidance and support — Filing a motorcycle accident claim can be overwhelming, especially when you are already dealing with the impact of an injury. Your attorney will provide you with the guidance and support you need throughout the case.
- a higher settlement amount — Motorcycle accident attorneys know how to calculate an appropriate settlement value and fight for it in court. With a qualified attorney on your side, you have a better chance of winning a larger settlement.
Facts On Motorcycle Accidents In Fort Lauderdale And Broward County
Despite decreases in motorcycle accident injuries and fatalities, a significant number of accidents are still occurring in Fort Lauderdale and Broward County every day.
Many of these accidents will result in personal injury claims:
- In 2017, motorcycle accidents in Broward County totaled 736, which represented a decrease of approximately 10.5 percent from the previous year.
- In these crashes, 33 people died and another 607 people were injured.
- Both fatalities and injuries related to motorcycle crashes decreased from 2016 to 2017.
List Of Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Serving Fort Lauderdale
To give yourself the best chance of collecting the maximum amount of compensation in your case, you need a qualified motorcycle accident attorney on your side. The team at Florin|Roebig has represented countless motorcycle accident victims, and we will work tirelessly on your behalf.
Our staff of capable motorcycle accident attorneys includes:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- John J. Hart
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Lawrence J. Najem, O.C.
- Andrew M. Leone, O.C.
- Nollys R. Solarte, O.C.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Reach Out To A Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig are here to help you get the justice you deserve following a motorcycle accident. If you are thinking about filing a motorcycle accident claim, please contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.