Motorcycles offer less protection than larger vehicles. As a result, accidents involving motorcycles tend to be more serious than other accidents, leading to serious injuries or fatalities. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to file a claim against the party responsible and recover compensation for your injuries.
When filing a motorcycle accident claim, you have a much greater chance of success if you enlist the help of experienced motorcycle accident lawyers. Our team of attorneys at Florin|Roebig are armed with a wealth of information and resources to give you the best chance at getting compensated for your losses.
What Are The Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In Jacksonville?
Motorcycle accidents in Jacksonville occur for a variety of reasons.
Some of the possible causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- distracted driving — In some cases, motorcycle accidents occur because other drivers are distracted by texting, phone calls, or the radio.
- failure to yield — Motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles, making them more difficult to see. Some drivers may fail to yield to motorcycles as a result, leading to accidents.
- intoxication — When drivers on the road are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they may be more likely to cause a motorcycle accident.
- inclement weather — Bad weather conditions, such as slick roads, may contribute to motorcycle accidents.
- poor road conditions — In some cases, poorly maintained stretches of road may lead to a motorcycle accident.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Understanding Motorcycle Accident Claims
Motorcycle accident claims are a form of a personal injury lawsuit. This means that in order to file a successful claim, you must be able to show that one or more parties are guilty of negligence. You must also be able to show that the negligence of these individuals and/or organizations contributed to your injuries.
Every state determines how it will handle the issue of negligence in personal injury cases. While some states prohibit you from filing a claim if you played any role in the accident, others will allow you to file as long as you are not entirely at fault.
In Florida, personal injury claims are based on comparative negligence. Comparative negligence allows you to collect compensation even if you share fault. If the court finds that you are partly at fault for the accident, your compensation will be reduced proportionally.
In order to collect compensation for a motorcycle accident caused by someone else, you must file a claim within a certain amount of time after an accident occurs. For this reason, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as you have received the medical attention you need and informed the police of the incident.
Reasons People File Motorcycle Accident Claims
Being injured in a motorcycle accident affects your life in many ways. For most people, filing a motorcycle accident claim is the best way to recover compensation for your injuries.
This compensation can be used to cover all your expenses not covered by your personal injury protection (PIP) plan, from your medical bills to the wages you will lose in the future if you are unable to return to work. However, recovering damages isn’t the only reason you may decide to file a personal injury claim.
In many cases, filing a motorcycle accident claim is a way of gaining closure after suffering serious injuries. In addition, filing a successful personal injury claim allows you to hold the guilty party responsible for their negligence, as well as to reduce the chances of similar incidents occurring in the future.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Motorcycle Accident Claims In Jacksonville
If you file a successful motorcycle accident claim in Jacksonville, you may qualify for several different types of damages.
Some of the damages that may be awarded to claimants in these cases include:
- medical payments — You may receive damages to cover past and future medical expenses.
- lost wages — You may also receive damages designed to compensate you for the wages you have already lost, as well as the wages you will lose in the future due to any ongoing disability.
- suffering — If you experienced pain and emotional trauma because of your motorcycle accident, you may receive additional damages to compensate you.
- loss of enjoyment — In many cases, part of the aftermath of a motorcycle accident is a decline in your enjoyment of your life. The court may award you damages intended to compensate for this loss of enjoyment.
- punitive damages — In cases where the responsible party showed signs of malice and/or extreme negligence, punitive damages to punish this party may be included in your settlement.
How Much Is Your Claim Worth?
A number of different factors can impact the value of your motorcycle accident claim. When calculating your damages, the court will consider the nature and extent of your injuries.
The court will also consider the specific expenses you have already incurred, as well as estimates of expenses you are expected to incur in the future. In addition, the court will take into account the impact of the accident on your quality of life, your relationships, and your mental health. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can give you a more specific estimate of the damages you can expect to win if your claim is successful.
Our Featured Case Results
Knowing When To Hire A Motorcycle Accident Attorney
It is possible to file a motorcycle accident claim without the help of an attorney. However, hiring a qualified attorney provides invaluable benefits for claimants. Motorcycle accident attorneys have experience with these cases, and they know how to construct arguments and present evidence in a way that will maximize your chances of winning the lawsuit.
In addition, defendants are much more likely to take your claim seriously when you have representation from a respected personal injury attorney. Further, your attorney will be able to make sure you are meeting all the requirements of Florida law throughout the case, and they will be available to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have.
Motorcycle Accident Facts For Jacksonville And Duval County
Motorcycle accident rates and related injuries are decreasing in Jacksonville and Duval County, where Jacksonville is located.
However, motorcycle crash rates are still high in the area overall:
- Duval County saw a total of 495 motorcycle crashes in 2017.
- The number of motorcycle crashes in Duval County fell by 8 percent from 2017 to 2018.
- During 2017, there were a total of 427 injuries and 23 deaths related to motorcycle accidents in Duval County. Both of these numbers represented a decrease from the previous year.
List Of Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Serving Jacksonville
When filing a claim after a motorcycle accident, the quality of your legal representation can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Florin|Roebig employs some of the best motorcycle accident attorneys serving Jacksonville, including:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
- Lawrence J. Najem, O.C.
- Andrew M. Leone, O.C.
- Nollys R. Solarte, O.C.
- Brian R. Dettman, O.C.
- Matthew L. McMullen
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find A Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, hiring a personal injury attorney is in your best interest. At Florin|Roebig, we understand the importance of adequate compensation for every motorcycle accident victim. Please contact our office today to schedule a consultation with our team.