Motorcycle accidents happen frequently in Panama City, often leading to serious injuries and even death in some cases. If you have been a victim of a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
If you are considering a motorcycle accident claim, Florin|Roebig trial attorneys can provide the experience, knowledge, and resources needed to improve your chances of a successful claim.
Factors That Affect Motorcycle Accidents
In some cases, motorcycle accidents have one clear cause. In other cases, they occur because of a combination of factors.
Some of the possible causes and contributing factors for motorcycle accident cases include:
- distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone
- inclement weather, such as slick roads and fog
- failure to follow traffic laws
- road rage
- drug or alcohol intoxication
- dangerous or poorly maintained roads
- vehicle malfunctions
While some of these factors may qualify you to file a motorcycle accident claim, others will not. To determine whether you should file a claim in your situation, contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
What You Need To Know About Motorcycle Accident Claims
Perhaps the most important thing to understand about motorcycle accident claims in Panama City is the concept of negligence. In order to file a motorcycle accident claim and collect compensation, you need to be able to show that the party responsible for the accident failed to exercise the minimum amount of care required by Florida law to protect the safety of others.
Every state approaches the concept of negligence differently. In some states, you are not permitted to collect compensation for a personal injury claim if you are found to be at all responsible for the incident in question.
However, in the state of Florida, this is not the case. Florida courts use comparative negligence to assign blame in personal injury cases. This means you will still be able to collect a reduced settlement amount even if you share responsibility for your motorcycle accident.
Reasons To File A Motorcycle Accident Claim
While some motorcycle accident victims have just one motivation for filing a personal injury claim, others have more than one motivation.
Some of the most common motivations for filing a motorcycle accident claim include:
- seeking justice — One of the reasons victims may choose to file a motorcycle accident claim is to hold the negligent party responsible for their actions and ensure that justice is served. Filing a claim forces the negligent party to face consequences.
- protecting future victims — Not only does filing a motorcycle accident claim reduce the chances of the defendant harming anyone else in the future, but it also draws public attention to these types of accidents. Both of these effects can protect future victims.
- recovering compensation — Motorcycle accidents often leave you with a pile of bills and expenses. Collecting compensation from the defendant provides you with the resources you need to cover these expenses and move forward with your life.
Damages Awarded For Motorcycle Accident Claims In Panama City
If your motorcycle accident claim is successful, you may be able to collect:
- compensation for your lost wages and/or lost future earning ability
- reimbursement for past medical bills and payments for future estimated medical expenses
- compensation for pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
- compensation for the negative impact on your quality of life
- punitive damages
Every motorcycle accident claim is unique, and the damages you receive will depend on your specific circumstances.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Many different factors will affect the amount of compensation you can receive after filing a successful motorcycle accident claim.
Some of the factors that may affect the ultimate outcome of your case include:
- the severity and nature of your injuries
- whether you are expected to make a full recovery
- the degree of disability you have due to the accident
- the amount of related expenses you have, including medical bills and lost wages
- pain and suffering you experienced
- the degree of the defendant’s negligence
Because there are so many factors involved, there is no set rule for determining how much you could qualify to collect. However, talking to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you estimate your possible settlement amount.
Our Featured Case Results
Benefits Of Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Florida law does not require you to hire a motorcycle accident attorney in order to file a claim. However, hiring an experienced attorney is usually the best course of action in these cases.
The laws surrounding motorcycle accident claims are complex, but a motorcycle accident attorney will be able to interpret them as they apply in your case and give you the best possible advice.
Your attorney will also have experience with the personal injury claims process in Florida. The attorney will be able to tell you what you can expect each step of the way.
They will also be able to help you maximize your chances of getting a fair settlement, either in mediation or through litigation in court. In addition, your personal injury attorney will be available to answer your questions and provide you with needed support throughout the case.
Motorcycle Accident Rates In Panama City And Bay County
Motorcycle accident rates in Panama City and Bay County are not as high as in other areas of Florida, but the area still sees a number of injuries and deaths caused by motorcycle accidents:
- Bay County recorded a total of 152 motorcycle crashes during 2017.
- There were a total of 138 motorcycle injuries in Bay County during 2017.
- Six people died in motorcycle crashes during 2017 in Bay County.
- The incidence of motorcycle crashes, injuries, and deaths increased in Bay County from 2016 to 2017.
List Of Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Serving Panama City
If you are planning to file a motorcycle accident claim in Panama City, you need the right legal representative on your side. Our firm employs some of the best motorcycle accident lawyers in the area.
Members of the legal team at Florin|Roebig include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Parker Y. Florin, LL.M.
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Shaun M. Cummings
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help With Filing Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
Filing a motorcycle accident claim may feel overwhelming at first, but it is the best way to get the compensation you deserve after becoming a motorcycle accident victim.
However, attempting to file a motorcycle accident claim on your own is rarely recommended. The process can be overwhelming, especially when you are already dealing with the consequences of the accident.
The best way to ensure that you are able to collect the compensation you deserve is to seek guidance and representation from an attorney who has experience with these cases.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need to act quickly to protect your right to collect compensation. Please contact Florin|Roebig today to make an appointment with our team or to learn more about our services.