People living in Bonita Springs may be injured in a variety of ways, from car crashes to swimming pool incidents. When someone else’s negligence is the cause of your injuries, however, you may be able to file a claim and collect compensation.
Although this compensation will not entirely make up for the losses you have experienced or the changes to your life, collecting a settlement can make it easier for you to move forward after the accident.
Filing a personal injury claim and pursuing the settlement you deserve can be a complicated process, but the experienced Florin|Roebig personal injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how these claims work, and we will help you maximize your chances of success.
Car Accidents And Other Incidents That Lead To Personal Injury
A variety of incidents can lead to personal injury claims.
Some of the most common types of personal injury claims in the Bonita Springs area include:
- car accident claims
- swimming pool accident claims
- slip-and-fall claims
- medical malpractice claims
- dog bite claims
Determining whether your specific experience meets Florida’s requirements for a lawsuit can be challenging. One of the experienced attorneys at our firm will be happy to review your situation and tell you whether you qualify to file a personal injury lawsuit under Florida law.
What You Need To Know About Personal Injury Claims
Before filing a personal injury claim in Bonita Springs, there are several laws you need to understand. One of the most important laws to consider is Florida’s statute of limitations. This law imposes a limit on the amount of time you have to pursue compensation after being injured.
If you do not file your claim before the statute of limitations has passed, you may not be able to collect compensation for your losses. For this reason, it is important to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after sustaining an injury.
Another law you should understand is Florida’s policy of comparative negligence. Unlike many other states that require claimants to share no fault for their injuries, the state of Florida allows claims even from those victims who were partially negligent. If you were partially at fault for the incident that caused your injuries, you can still pursue a settlement, but your compensation amount may be reduced.
Your ability to collect a fair amount of compensation in a Florida personal injury claim will be largely dependent on the evidence you can produce in court, so be sure to keep careful records of all expenses, missed work, and any other consequences of your injuries.
Types Of Damages Awarded For Personal Injury Claims In Bonita Springs
If you win a personal injury claim in Bonita Springs, you may qualify to receive a variety of different types of damages.
Some of the most common damages awarded in personal injury cases include:
- medical payments — If your injury led to the need for medical treatment, you will receive compensation for the bills you incurred. If you are expected to need additional medical treatment in the future, you may also receive damages for your future estimated medical costs.
- compensation for lost earnings — In many cases, a personal injury will make it difficult or impossible for you to work. You may be off work temporarily, or you may be unable to work permanently. In these cases, a personal injury settlement should include compensation for lost wages.
- damages related to suffering — A personal injury may result in several forms of suffering, including both physical pain and emotional trauma. The court may award you additional damages if your injuries caused you to suffer.
- punitive damages — Florida courts sometimes award damages above and beyond what is necessary to compensate the victim for specific losses. These are known as “punitive damages” and are most commonly awarded when the defendant in the case is extremely negligent or causes your injuries intentionally.
Talk to an attorney to find out exactly which damages you can claim for your individual situation.
Knowing What Your Claim Is Worth
Before deciding whether to file a personal injury claim in Bonita Springs, you may wonder how much you would be able to collect if the claim were successful.
A personal injury lawyer will consider the following factors as they try to estimate the value of your claim:
- the nature and extent of your injuries — The court will consider the pain and suffering you have experienced, as well as the degree of disability your injuries have caused.
- your expenses — One of the most important factors that will come into play when determining the value of your claim is the amount of the documented expenses you have incurred, as well as the expenses you are expected to incur in the future.
- your ability to earn money — If you are not able to return to your normal place of employment because of ongoing disability, your settlement amount will increase.
Keep in mind that the best way to find out how much you could be eligible to collect in a personal injury lawsuit is to speak with a qualified attorney.
Our Featured Case Results
Do I Need To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal injury victims are not legally required to hire a personal injury attorney to represent them in court. However, having a personal injury attorney on your side is highly recommended.
Some of the benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney to represent you in your case include:
- guidance from an experienced professional who has been through the filing and litigation process many times
- assistance with every part of the process, from filing the initial paperwork to attending court proceedings
- support throughout the case, as well as answers to any questions you may have
- a better chance of taking home a fair, appropriate financial settlement
Please contact our firm to find out more about the benefits of working with a skilled attorney.
List Of Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Bonita Springs
Filing a personal injury claim in Bonita Springs will be much easier with the help of a successful, dedicated attorney. At Florin|Roebig, we have a team of experienced personal injury attorneys who understand these claims and can help virtually any client maximize their chances of a good outcome in the case.
Some of the attorneys on our team who serve Bonita Springs include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Parker Y. Florin, LL.M.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Nicholas S. Costantino
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help With Your Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury claims can be complicated, so having an experienced lawyer on your side is highly recommended. At Florin|Roebig, we understand how high the stakes are in these cases, and we are here to make sure you have the best possible chance of success in court. To schedule a consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys, or to learn more about our services, please contact us today.