Personal injuries occur every day for a wide variety of reasons. Some injuries may be an accident, but most are preventable using proper care. These injuries leave accident victims with steep financial losses, including medical expenses, and can affect their ability to work.
If you have been injured in the Largo area because another person was negligent, filing a personal injury claim can help you recover from your losses.
Accidents That Lead To Personal Injury In Largo, Florida
Personal injury occurs when a negligent party causes an accident or does not take proper precautions to prevent an accident.
Each case may have a different set of facts, but the most common personal injury claims filed in Largo include:
- drunk or impaired driving — a driver who causes a car accident and is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or a prescription that impairs motor skills
- distracted driving — a driver who is talking on their cell phone or texting, or distracted by the radio or another electronic device and causes a car accident
- premises liability — getting injured as a result of unsafe conditions on property owned by another party such as a workplace, restaurant, or grocery store
- medical malpractice — a medical professional such as a doctor, nurse, or assistant negligently injures you
- dog bites — getting bitten by a dog or injured in any way by someone’s pet
- defective product — being injured by a product you purchased that was defective
These are just some common examples of personal injury cases. Being injured is a serious matter and speaking to a legal professional will give you the tools to reclaim financial losses.
What You Need To Know About Personal Injury Claims In Florida
Personal injury claims are filed nearly every day in Pinellas County where the city of Largo is located. In the state of Florida, the key to filing a successful claim is determining the negligent party and pursuing a settlement.
To prove negligence in Florida, you must show:
- the accident led to your injuries
- the responsible party had a reasonable duty to keep others safe and their failure to uphold the duty resulted in the accident
- you suffered as a result of the accident (financially, pain and suffering)
When a court considers negligence, they look at the concept of comparative negligence. This type of negligence asserts that if you were partially at fault for the incident, you may receive reduced compensation.
It is important to know that a personal injury victim must file a claim in Florida within four years of the accident, or within four years of noticing injuries. With a medical malpractice case, the statute of limitations is only two years.
Reasons People File Personal Injury Claims
Filing a personal injury claim in Largo can be difficult without legal help. If you have been injured, the last thing you may want to do is take on a legal claim by yourself.
Filing a claim is far easier with the right personal injury lawyer who will look out for your best interests and help you go back to living your life.
Common reasons people file a personal injury claim in the Largo area include:
- recover from losses after an accident — medical expenses, current and future lost wages, loss of quality life, being unable to do simple household chores, inability to care for loved ones
- recover from current and future lost wages — you may be unable to work until you fully recover. Depending on the extent of your injuries, this could be a major financial loss.
- hold negligent party and insurance companies accountable — if someone’s negligence caused you to be injured, they should have to pay for their mistakes. Some insurance companies may want to pay as little as possible, so it is important to have an experienced attorney negotiate the settlement.
These are typical reasons people want to file a personal injury claim. You may have a different reason for filing a personal injury claim and any reason is good enough when your injuries have caused you pain and suffering and were caused by someone else.
Damages Awarded For Personal Injury Claims In Largo, Florida
Personal injury claims have a wide variety of damages awarded in Largo. Whether you were involved with a slip and fall or drunk driving accident, you may be entitled to one or more damages.
The court awards victims of a personal injury accident compensatory damages that aim to compensate someone for their losses as a result of their injury.
Common damages for Largo personal injury cases include:
- current and future medical bills
- current and future lost wages
- pain and suffering
- loss of enjoyment
- wrongful death
- inability to care for a loved one
- permanent disability
Knowing What Your Claim Is Worth
Speaking to an experienced personal injury attorney is the best way to know how much your claim may be worth. Each case has a different set of factors and it is not possible to come up with a number without knowing all of the details.
Factors that affect compensation for a personal injury claim in Largo include:
- type of injury
- extent of injury
- medical expenses
- lost current and future wages
- loss of consortium or ability to care for loved ones
- inability to perform essential duties such as housework or drive to the store
There are many other factors that can be included that affect compensation, depending on how your injury happened and who the responsible party is.
Our Featured Case Results
Do I Need To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
You can choose to file a claim on your own, but you may overlook important paperwork or file against the wrong party. It is a tedious process and going up against insurance companies can be a strong burden, especially while you are trying to recover from your injury.
Hiring a personal injury attorney is the quickest and easiest way to recover from your losses. Not all attorneys are the same and some may make promises they cannot deliver on. Hiring a knowledgeable car accident lawyer can provide you many benefits.
These benefits include:
- the peace of mind knowing that an attorney is fighting for your losses
- access to a kind legal professional that listens to you and understands what you are going through
- having all of the paperwork needed to file a strong legal claim
- negotiating with the responsible party and insurance companies to get the settlement you deserve
- going to trial if necessary to ensure that all of your losses are covered with the settlement
Let a personal injury attorney do all of the leg work for your claim so you can get a head start on recovering and getting your life back in order.
Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Largo, Florida
The experienced personal injury lawyers at the law offices of Florin|Roebig want to hear your case, share the best options in filing a legal claim, and provide you with the best legal representation possible.
Our legal experts serving Largo that specialize in filing personal injury claims include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Michael L. Walker
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Parker Y. Florin
- Kavon P. Smith
- Nollys R. Solarte
- Taylor D. Roebig
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Other practice areas Florin|Roebig board certified trial attorneys specialize in include:
- auto accidents
- motorcycle accidents
- truck accidents
- pedestrian accidents
- nursing home abuse
- slip and fall accidents
- insurance claims
- wrongful death
Reach Out For Help With Your Largo Personal Injury Claim
No matter what your case entails, the personal injury law firm of Florin|Roebig want to hear what happened. Our accident attorneys will guide you through the whole legal process, file a strong claim on your behalf, and defend it to the highest degree possible.
We’ve been named among the Best Law Firms in America by US News and World Report. With over $1 billion in settlements and over 30 years of experience, Florin|Roebig trial lawyers can help you recover from your losses so you can get back to living your life. Call for a confidential free consultation today.