Accidents that cause injuries can quickly lead to out-of-control expenses, causing hardship for months or even years. Whether your injuries are temporary or permanent, whether you’re able to go back to your job quickly or not at all, you may have difficulty paying expenses such as rent, your mortgage, car payment, utilities, medical bills, and basic life expenses.
When this happens, filing a personal injury claim can help you recover lost wages and money lost due to heightened medical expenses. With money from your settlement, you’ll be able to focus on healing and resting, rather than working and paying bills.
Nothing is more important than recovery after an injury. Your personal injury claim can make that recovery and healing possible, and Florin|Roebig attorneys can help you get started filing a claim.
Car Accidents And Other Incidents That Lead To Personal Injury
Injuries from car crashes, slips and falls, attacks from domesticated animals, and even rideshare accidents are the types of incidents that can lead to personal injury claims in Florida.
The most common incidents which lead to injury and may result in filing a claim include:
- mechanical failure
- trucking accidents
- dog bites
- product liability
- assault and battery
- rear-end collisions
- bicycle accidents
- car accidents
- road hazards
- slips and falls
- rideshare accidents
- premises liability
You may be awarded damages if you’ve been the victim of an accident, but to know for sure if your incident qualifies for filing a claim, speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer.
What You Need To Know About Personal Injury Claims
According to Florida’s comparative negligence rules, victims who are found even partially responsible for their own injury may not be able to claim the full amount. For example, if the other party in your claim can prove that you are 25 percent responsible for your own accident, your award may be reduced by 25 percent. Working with a capable attorney helps ensure success.
Personal injury lawyers at Florin|Roebig can help you navigate the complicated legal system to claim the maximum amount. When you make a personal injury claim in St. Cloud, you need someone who has a track record of success helping personal injury victims get the most for their accident.
When you’re in an accident, see a medical doctor as soon as possible, and work with your doctor to get proper documentation. This documentation will be crucial in the progress of your claim. After seeing a doctor, it’s important to consult an attorney as soon as possible to start the process of collecting documents and making your case.
Types Of Damages Awarded For Personal Injury Claims In St. Cloud
Damages are awarded to help people pay bills during their recovery.
Following are the types of damages that are likely to be awarded for your personal injury claim in St. Cloud:
- medical bills: Personal injury claims can help pay for skyrocketing medical bills after an injury takes place.
- future medical bills: Work with your attorney to make a case for future medical bills that could arise as a result of your personal injury case.
- lost wages: Your attorney can help you recover any wages you may have lost as a result of your accident or injury.
- future lost wages: Have you been so injured that you may be absent from your workplace well into the future? Did you lose your job because you were unable to perform your duties? Your attorney can help you determine the value of lost wages, to help you recover from your loss.
Understanding The Worth Of Your Claim
It’s impossible to know exactly how much your claim is worth until you’ve gone through the process of filing a claim. However, a personal injury lawyer in St. Cloud can give you a detailed estimate based on the facts of your claim and how the injury has impacted your life.
The amount you’re able to claim will depend on the strength of your case.
There are many factors that affect the value of your claim, including:
- type of injury: The amount you can claim will be affected by the severity and nature of your injury, such as whether the injury was permanent, if you were hospitalized, if you went through or will go through rehabilitation, and the length of recovery, among other factors.
- type of accident: How your accident occurred, who was involved, and degree of negligence involved will affect the value of your claim.
- impact on your life: If you’ve lost personal independence, ability to care for yourself, or if you’re unable to engage in activities you once loved, this could increase the amount you’re able to claim in your case.
- financial impact: The financial impact of your injury on your life will greatly affect the value of your case. If you’re facing mounting bills because of your injuries, your attorney can help.
Our Featured Case Results
Do I Need To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
No, you don’t have to hire a personal injury attorney to successfully file a claim in the state of Florida.
However, there may be many reasons to work with an attorney rather than file the claim on your own, such as:
- Your attorney will maximize your award. Attorneys know how to work within the system to help you get the most money possible for your injuries.
- It’s difficult to focus on a personal injury claim when you’re recovering. During recovery, you should focus on healing and getting back on your feet; not on a complex legal process. An attorney will complete the task of filing a claim on your behalf.
- Attorneys know how to strategize during the claims process. You may have difficulty thinking unemotionally and logically about your own case; your attorney can help you strategize to get the most for your award.
List Of Personal Injury Lawyers Serving St. Cloud
There’s nothing more important to the success of your case than working with a dedicated and successful legal team. Florin|Roebig personal injury attorneys service areas throughout the United States. When you hire Florin|Roebig, you hire a team of experts in personal injury law.
Some of our esteemed attorneys serving St. Cloud include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Reach Out For Help With Your Personal Injury Claim
If your life has recently been changed by an accident or injury, hire an experienced lawyer with a reputation for getting results. Florin|Roebig is a multi-state trial and litigation firm that’s been named one of the best law firms in America. Work with a personal injury attorney who has a track record of success. Contact Florin|Roebig for a consultation today.