After a car accident, your life can change considerably. You may have sustained serious injuries that left you dealing with chronic pain and disability. You may also be unable to return to your previous job, causing you to lose income and face financial hardship. In addition, the car accident may have left you with expensive medical bills, as well as psychological and emotional trauma.
Although no amount of money can erase the pain you have experienced, filing an injury lawsuit gives you an opportunity to collect compensation from the party responsible for the accident.
With this compensation, you can cover your related expenses and begin the process of moving on with your life. If you have been involved in a car accident in Cape Coral, the car accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig can help you file a claim.
Common Causes Of Cape Coral Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. However, not all motor vehicle accidents will qualify you to file a claim. In order to file a car accident claim in Cape Coral, you must be able to show that the accident was the result of negligence.
Some of the situations that can lead to a car accident claim include:
- driver intoxication (drunk driving) — If a driver caused a car accident while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you can typically file a claim for compensation.
- distracted driving — motorists who are distracted by the radio, texting, phone calls, conversations, or any other activity are liable for any injuries they cause during an accident.
- speeding — In many cases, auto accidents occur because drivers are exceeding legal speed limits. If you are injured in an accident caused by a driver who was speeding, you can usually collect compensation for your losses.
- driver error — When drivers accidentally or intentionally disobey traffic laws, they are responsible for the results of any accidents that may occur.
Got hit Dec 10 2019. By a man who claimed he didn't see me. Called florin Roebig.P.A. They are helping me so much with my injuries and my suit I recommend them for First Call
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Car accident victims may choose to file claims for a variety of reasons. While some car accident victims have one primary motivation for filing a claim, others choose to file claims for more than one purpose.
Some of the most common reasons for filing a car accident claim include:
- holding the negligent party responsible — One reason for choosing to file a car accident claim involves forcing the negligent party to take responsibility for their actions and face consequences.
- preventing future accidents — You may also choose to file a car accident claim in hopes of preventing future car accidents. Not only do these claims reduce the risk of the same negligent driver causing additional accidents in the future, but they also draw attention to the problem of car accidents in general.
- recovering compensation for losses —Another reason for filing a car accident claim involves collecting compensation for your losses. If you have medical bills, lost wages and other expenses or losses related to the crash, you can use the settlement to cover them.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Cases
Every car accident claim in Florida is unique, and a number of factors can affect the outcome of your car accident lawsuit. For example, the extent of your injuries will have a direct effect on the outcome of the case. The more severe your injuries, the stronger your claim will likely be. Likewise, the amount of time you missed at work, as well as whether you will be able to return to work, will impact your claim as well.
Other factors that may impact the outcome of your car accident claim include the effects of the injury on your personal life, any personal property damage that occurred, and the amount of your specific financial losses.
In order to file a successful car accident claim, you must be able to show that the car crash was the result of negligence. In the state of Florida, courts use a concept known as comparative negligence to determine fault in car accident cases.
This means that fault for the crash will be assigned according to percentages. Even if you are found to be partly at fault for the accident, you will still be able to file a claim against other responsible parties, but your settlement amount will be reduced proportionally based on your level of fault.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation you can win in a car accident case will vary considerably based on the specific circumstances of the accident.
Some of the factors that may affect the exact amount of compensation awarded include:
- the extent and nature of your injuries
- whether you have chronic pain or permanent disability
- the effects on your mental and psychological health
- the effects on your quality of life
- the specific expenses you are able to prove in court
For a more specific estimate of the exact amount of compensation you can hope to win when filing a car accident claim, talk to an experienced Cape Coral car accident attorney for individual legal advice.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Auto Accident Cases
Different types of damages may be awarded in car accident claims. The majority of these damages are considered “compensatory,” or economic damages, which means that they compensate you for a specific loss.
Examples of compensatory damages include:
- medical payments
- compensation for lost wages
- payments related to property damage
- benefits for pain and suffering
- compensation for future estimated medical expenses and wage loss
- In some cases, courts may also award punitive damages designed to punish the party responsible for the accident.
Auto Accident Rates In Cape Coral
Cape Coral is a part of Lee County in Southwest Florida.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, more than 12,700 crashes were recorded in Lee County during 2017:
- 113 people died in auto accidents in Lee County during 2017.
- A total of 3,627 injuries related to auto accidents in Lee County were reported during 2017.
- The total number of crashes, injuries and fatalities in this area has risen for the past three years.
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Attorneys Serving Cape Coral
If you are thinking about filing a car accident claim in Cape Coral, you need the right personal injury attorney on your side. The legal team at Florin|Roebig has extensive experience representing clients in car accident cases, and we can help you maximize your chances of recovering the compensation you deserve.
Some of our attorneys serving clients in the Cape Coral area and Southwest Florida include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Shaun M. Cummings
Other practice areas Florin|Roebig specialize in which are available to the Southwest Florida region include:
- medical malpractice
- motorcycle accidents
- nursing home abuse
- wrongful death
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find A Cape Coral Car Accident Lawyer Near You
The law offices of Florin|Roebig are proud to represent injury victims in Cape Coral and the surrounding area. We understand the complex laws that apply in car accident cases, and we are dedicated to helping you seek justice.
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation.
If you or a loved one are a car accident victim in Cape Coral, you need to act quickly. Please contact our office today to learn more about filing a claim or to schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team.