Florin|Roebig Is Proud To Announce A $5,000 College Scholarship Essay Contest
*Due to COVID-19 the deadline for this scholarship has been extended to allow more time for submissions. Please see the guidelines for new dates.*
The law firm of Florin|Roebig knows how valuable higher education can be, not only in shaping society but in helping young people reach their long-term academic and professional goals. For this reason, we’re proud to announce a scholarship contest awarding $5,000.
- First place: $3,000
- Second place: $1,500
- Third place: $500
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student enrolled full-time at a secondary or post-secondary academic institution in the U.S.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
Our Essay Contest
Sexual assault on college campuses is a public health issue affecting students around the country every day. Although it’s a difficult topic to talk about, with 11.2% of all undergraduate and graduate students experiencing rape or sexual assault, building awareness and prevention plans is vital.
Background On Sexual Assault On College Campuses
Since 1972, college students have had access to Title IX coordinators as a measure of dealing with all types of discrimination. In recent years, many institutions have taken further steps to fight against assault on campuses such as bystander intervention programs and increased security personnel. Even with increased measures, sexual assault continues to be an issue on college campuses and most sexual assault incidents still go unreported.
Using your insight as a student and knowledge of your school, think of a new program to help prevent sexual assault on college campuses. Do your research. What programs are already available, and why is yours different? Include all the materials and resources that you’d need to make this program happen. Be creative and thorough.
- Essay submissions should be no longer than 1,200 words.
- All essays will be judged by the quality of the content, degree of originality, and feasibility.
- Essay submission deadline: July 1st, 2020 – Extended to December 15, 2020
- Award announcement: July 15th, 2020 – Now announced March 15, 2021
How To Enter The Florin|Roebig Scholarship Essay Contest:
- Review eligibility requirements to make sure you qualify.
- Apply via email and provide your name, your major, and the name of the institution you are attending.
- Submit essays to Scholarship@FlorinRoebig.com.
***Winning essays will be published on our website, FlorinRoebig.com, and used for the purpose of raising awareness for sexual assault and sexual harassment.