Car accidents can lead to disabilities and financial distress. In Palm Harbor, you don’t have to go through the pain and suffering by yourself. A skilled and loyal attorney can help you recover from high medical bills, inability to work, and other consequences of getting into an auto accident.
Filing a personal injury claim in Palm Harbor has never been so easy. The law firm of Florin|Roebig has several personal injury lawyers that can guide you through the process of filing a claim and offer you the legal representation that you deserve. After you reach out to us for a free case evaluation, our talented legal team can start your car accident claim.
Common Causes Of Auto Accidents In Palm Harbor
Palm Harbor is a populated coastal city located in Central Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. With a big population and heavy traffic, car accidents happen nearly every day.
Several factors lead to car accidents, such as:
- speeding — driving over the posted speed limit, including through construction and school zones
- driving under the influence — driving drunk or while on drugs
- distracted driving — using a phone for texting, focusing on the radio or other electronics
- aggressive driving and road rage — driving dangerously through traffic, retaliating against another driver and causing unsafe road conditions
- disregarding traffic laws — running a red light or stop sign, turning on red at a busy intersection, failing to yield
- not making necessary auto repairs before driving — broken taillight, brake issues
If these or other factors not listed are the cause of a car accident, you may have the right to file a personal injury claim against the responsible party. With the help of a Palm Harbor car accident lawyer, your legal claim may result in being awarded damages.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Car accident victims in northern Pinellas County may be entitled to compensation for the losses that they have incurred.
Common reasons a person may wish to file a car accident claim include:
- to recover from medical expenses that resulted from the auto accident
- to recover compensation from current and future lost wages for your job
- to force the negligent party to accept responsibility for their part in the accident
- to draw attention to the crash, resulting in changing traffic laws to update road signs and make the area safer for drivers
- to recover any expenses related to the accident that the insurance company did not cover
These are just common reasons to file a car accident claim. There may be other reasons to file a claim depending on the circumstances of the crash such as if the car accident caused the wrongful death of an individual involved in the accident. In this case, it may be best for loved ones to find an attorney with experience in the practice area of wrongful death lawsuits.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Every car accident in Palm Harbor is different. An accident may occur on a residential street or on a busy highway such as US-19. With each case being unique, a court will review the facts of the case and determine how much compensation a victim may be awarded.
Some of the factors that will affect the outcome of your claim include:
- the extent of your injuries — the more serious the injury, the more likely you are to get a higher settlement from an auto accident claim. An injury can be minor and still qualify for damages.
- the expenses you’ve had to pay — the accident may have caused you to lose wages from your job while incurring large medical expenses. These expenses are largely considered when determining compensation.
- any disability caused by the accident — your injuries may prevent you from working, resulting in losing your salary. If a loved one depends on you for care, such as a parent, spouse, or child, and you are no longer able to provide help, then you may be able to receive additional compensation.
- negligence of the driver — if the driver was speeding, under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, or driving recklessly.
There are many different factors that arise from getting into a car accident that could affect your claim. Being able to provide every detail of the incident helps strengthen your case.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Compensation awarded in a car accident claim is determined by many different factors. Factors that increase your chances of a higher settlement include the extent of your damages, the level of negligence of the responsible party, and the if serious injuries were sustained.
It can be difficult to give an estimate without hearing all of the facts. Talking with a successful car accident attorney will help you determine how much compensation you may be awarded. The Palm Harbor personal injury attorneys at Florin|Roebig are local and have filed many claims in the Tampa Bay, St. Pete, and Clearwater area. With years of experience, they can tell you what to expect when filing your personal injury claim.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
There are two types of damages typically awarded in a car accident settlement. Compensatory damages aim to compensate the car accident victim for the financial and physical losses (such as property damage) they incurred from the accident. Punitive damages serve to punish the defendant for their negligent actions.
Damages awarded to a car accident victim may include:
- reimbursement for emergency room/medical expenses
- compensation for current and future lost wages
- compensation for pain and suffering, loss of life, and loss of quality of life
- benefits to help care for a loved one you were taking care of such as a child, spouse, or grandparent
These awards are common but not limited to what is given to an auto accident victim for a personal injury claim in Palm Harbor, Florida. Depending on the circumstances of the car accident, you may be entitled to other types of damages.
Car (Auto) Accident Rates in Palm Harbor, Florida
Palm Harbor is a gulf coast family and resort town located in Pinellas County. It is estimated that the population has increased by roughly 10 percent to over 64,000 residents in the last decade.
The following statistics are specific to automobile accident rates in the Palm Harbor area:
- Roughly 17,000 crashes occurred resulting in over 11,000 injuries, including 119 fatalities.
- There were over 400 alcohol-confirmed crashes with 23 fatalities.
- There were 19 drug-confirmed crashes with 5 fatalities.
Palm Harbor’s population is steadily increasing and there will be more cars on the road. This could cause more traffic congestion and accidents.
List Of Palm Harbor Car Accident Attorneys
Were you involved in a car accident in Palm Harbor? Speaking to an experienced attorney about filing a strong car accident claim is the first step to making things right. The legal team at Florin|Roebig can help you through the process of filing an automobile accident claim so you can get the compensation you deserve.
Here is a list of our attorneys that serve the Palm Harbor Area:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Neil P. O’Brien, M.B.A.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Luca G. Esposito
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Parker Y. Florin, LL.M.
- Taylor D. Roebig
- Matthew L. McMullen
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
- Lawrence J. Najem, O.C.
- Andrew M. Leone, O.C.
- Nollys R. Solarte, O.C.
- Brian R. Dettman, O.C.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim In Palm Harbor
Being involved in a car accident can be a life-changing experience. It can be difficult to pay the medical bills, go back to work, care for loved ones, and live a normal life.
Filing a car accident claim can help remove these burdens and help you get back on your feet with your health and finances. In the state of Florida, the responsible party is required to pay for their negligence, and hiring the right attorney can determine the best possible outcome of a car accident claim.
Florin|Roebig wants to hear what happened and how it has been affecting your everyday life. Our firm has won over $1 billion in legal claims and it’s because we know how to set up a strong claim in order to secure compensation. Call for a free consultation and let’s get started today.