Car accidents are incredibly common in Key West, causing both injury and even wrongful death. Even when you are being careful, these accidents can occur at any time. When you are involved in an auto accident, you may end up facing a number of consequences, including high medical bills, chronic pain, an inability to work, and much more. Because of these impacts, victims of car accidents often choose to file personal injury claims to recover compensation.
If you are thinking about filing a personal injury auto accident claim after a car accident in Key West, the attorneys at Florin|Roebig can provide the guidance and representation you need. We are happy to review your situation during a free case evaluation and help you determine if filing a claim is the best course of action.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Key West
Motor vehicle accidents in Key West may occur for a wide variety of reasons.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- speeding — Speeding is a factor in a significant number of auto accidents in Key West. When a motorist causes a car crash while exceeding the legal speed limit, that driver can be held responsible for the consequences of the accident.
- distracted driving — When drivers are texting, talking on the phone, or engaging in other behaviors that cause distraction, accidents can occur. When an auto accident occurs because of distracted driving, the driver can be held responsible for any serious injuries that result.
- disobeying traffic laws — When a driver disobeys traffic laws and causes a car crash, that driver can be held responsible for all consequences of the accident.
- driving under the influence — Drivers who operate a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol are more likely to cause an accident. When this occurs, the driver can be held responsible for any resulting injuries and property damage.
When any of these factors causes an auto accident, the victims may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the party responsible with the help of Key West car accident lawyers.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
If you have been involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. This compensation can cover all expenses related to the crash, including your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. However, collecting compensation is not the only reason for filing a car accident claim.
Another reason you may choose to file a car accident claim is to hold the party responsible for the accident accountable for their actions. When you file a car accident claim, the responsible party is forced to acknowledge the damage they caused and the impact the accident had on your life. Filing a claim also draws attention to the situation, which may prevent similar accidents from occurring in the future.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Cases
Every car accident claim is unique, and a number of different factors can affect the outcome of your case.
Some of the factors that may have an impact on the outcome of your auto accident claim in Key West include:
- the extent of your injuries — The more severe your injuries, the more likely you are to win a large settlement in a car accident claim. However, any injury following a car accident has the potential to qualify you for compensation.
- the expenses you have incurred — When filing a car accident claim, you will be asked to produce proof of all of the expenses you have incurred as a result of the crash. These expenses will play a role in determining the compensation amount you will qualify to receive.
- your degree of disability — If you are expected to experience permanent disability or pain as a result of the car accident, you may receive additional compensation for future medical expenses and lost wages.
- the competence of your car accident attorney — Choosing the right attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. An experienced Key West car accident attorney will be able to help maximize your chances of winning in court.
- the nature of the accident — Accidents that involve extreme negligence or another motorist who behaved maliciously are more likely to result in a higher settlement offer.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation you can win when you file a car accident claim will vary based on many different factors. One of the factors that will affect the amount of your settlement offer is the impact the accident has had on your finances. When calculating your settlement amount, the court will consider the expenses you have already paid, as well as the additional expenses and losses you are expected to incur in the future.
Because so many different factors come into play when determining your settlement amount, it can be difficult to give a generalized estimate. To get a better idea of what you can expect to collect in a car accident injury claim, speak to a skilled Key West car accident lawyer.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Several different types of damages may be included in car accident settlements. These damages typically fall into one of two categories: compensatory and punitive.
Compensatory damages (non-economic and economic damages) may include:
- medical bills
- compensation for lost wages
- benefits to cover pain and suffering
- damages related to emotional trauma and loss of quality of life
Punitive damages are intended to punish the person who caused your car crash for extreme negligence or malicious intent.
Car Accident Rates In Key West
Key West is a part of Monroe County and the Florida Keys. It is also the southernmost point in Florida.
The following statistics are specific to car accident rates in this area:
- 1,255 total crashes were recorded in Monroe County during 2017. The total number of crashes significantly decreased from the previous year.
- A total of 18 people died in auto accidents in Monroe County during 2017.
- Monroe County recorded a total of 650 injuries related to car accidents in 2017.
Top-Rated Car Accident Lawyers Serving Key West
If you were thinking about filing a car accident claim in Key West, you need the right legal advice. With a dedicated and successful personal injury lawyer, you can be sure that you have all the resources you need to build a strong auto accident case for court.
Some of the legal team at our firm who serve the Key West and South Florida area include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- John J. Hart
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find A Key West Car Accident Lawyer Near You
Being involved in a car accident can change your life in an instant. Although no amount of money can erase this experience from your memory, collecting compensation from the party responsible gives you the resources you need to move on with your life.
If you or a loved one are thinking about filing a car accident claim, you need an experienced auto accident lawyer you can trust on your side. Please contact the law offices of Florin|Roebig today to schedule a free consultation.
Location and contact information:
1121 Duval St.
Key West, Florida 33040