Injuries are common in car accidents. In some cases, these injuries are minor and cause very limited impact on your quality of life. In other cases, the serious injuries you sustain in a car accident will cause you to rack up mountains of medical debt. If your injuries have led to disability, you may also find yourself unable to return to work and earn an income.
If you have financial losses related to a car accident and the accident was caused by another party, you may be able to file a claim. When you file a car accident claim in Homestead, you have an opportunity to collect compensation for all the losses related to your accident, including medical bills, lost wages and much more.
To give yourself the best possible chance of winning your car accident personal injury case, it’s important to contact experienced attorneys for assistance, such as those at the award-winning firm of Florin|Roebig for a free consultation.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Homestead
If you are involved in a car accident, you will need to prove that the accident resulted from negligence in order to collect compensation.
Some of the situations that may qualify for a car accident claim include:
- distracted driving — If a driver is distracted by the radio, a cell phone, or some other activity, they may be held responsible for any injuries that occur.
- failure to obey traffic laws — Drivers who run red lights, speed, or fail to yield when the law requires it are responsible for any crashes they cause.
- driving while intoxicated — Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal. If a driver causes an accident while intoxicated, they will be financially liable for all related losses.
- driver error — In some cases, fatigued and/or inexperienced drivers may simply make errors that lead to a crash. In these cases, the motorist at fault will still be responsible for the victim’s expenses.
The best way to learn you legal rights and find out whether the cause of your car accident qualifies you to file a claim is to speak to an experienced personal injury attorney.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Many people decide to file a car accident claim because of the financial impact the accident has on their lives. After an accident, you may find yourself owing medical bills, facing a future of unemployment, and dealing with many other consequences that impact you and your loved ones financial health. Filing a successful car accident claim is the best way to collect the compensation you need to deal with these issues.
In addition to collecting compensation, you may also decide to file a claim to hold the party who caused your accident responsible. When a claim is filed, this individual is forced to face the consequences of their actions.
Yet another possible motivation for filing a car accident claim involves the desire to prevent future incidents. When you file a claim after your accident, it draws attention to the circumstances that caused your crash, which may reduce the risk of similar accidents in the future.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Prior to filing a car accident claim, it is natural to wonder how the claim will progress.
Some of the factors that may affect your claim include:
- the presence of negligence — You must show that negligence was a factor in your car accident in order to collect compensation. If you were also negligent in the accident, your settlement amount will be reduced accordingly.
- the statute of limitations — In the state of Florida, you have only a limited amount of time after an accident to file a claim. This is known as the “statute of limitations.” If you do not file your claim within this time, you will not be able to win a settlement.
- the extent of your injuries — The more severe your injuries, the easier it will be to win your case. However, even mild injuries may qualify you for a settlement.
- the financial impact of the accident — The way the accident has impacted your financial health will have a significant effect on the outcome of your claim. The more significant the impact, the easier it will be to win a large settlement in court.
You might also be interested in...
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
One of the most common questions car accident victims ask before filing a claim relates to the amount of money they can hope to collect. Because every claim is unique, it can be difficult to determine the exact value of a claim.
However, some of the factors that may impact your claim’s value include:
- the type of injury you sustained
- whether you are expected to recover
- the medical bills you paid
- the value of your lost wages
- the impact of the accident on your mental health and personal life
For guidance and advice specific to your case, contact a personal injury attorney.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If your car accident claim is successful, your settlement may include several different types of damages.
Some of the most common types of damages awarded in these settlements include:
- payments for medical bills
- compensation for future estimated medical expenses
- damages related to chronic pain and disability
- compensation for lost wages and lost ability to earn
- damages for emotional trauma and impact on quality of life
- punitive damages
An experienced car accident attorney can help you find out which types of damages you are most likely to receive in your car accident case.
Car Accident Rates In Homestead
Car accidents are common in Homestead and the surrounding Miami-Dade County:
- During 2017, Miami-Dade County recorded nearly 66,000 automobile accidents. This was slightly higher than the number recorded the year before.
- 285 people died in car accidents in Miami-Dade County during 2017.
- Miami-Dade County also recorded approximately 32,000 car accident injuries during 2017.
- Although the number of total car accidents increased from 2016 to 2017, the number of injuries and fatalities fell slightly.
List Of Car Accident Lawyers Serving Homestead
Florida law does not require you to hire an attorney in order to file a personal injury claim in Homestead. However, hiring an experienced attorney is always in your best interest. The right attorney will be able to review your case and make sure you have all the information and resources you need to file a successful claim.
Your attorney will also be by your side every step of the way, offering guidance and representation.
Some of the attorneys at Florin|Roebig who service the Homestead area include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Luca G Esposito
- John J. Hart
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim In Homestead
The experienced car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig understand the complex laws that apply to personal injury cases in the state of Florida. With our help, you can be sure you have the best chance of winning a fair settlement in court. Please contact our office today to schedule a consultation at your convenience.