Car accidents are a common problem in Pembroke Pines, but they can be very serious. In many cases, car accidents leave their victims with severe injuries and high expenses.
Fortunately, if you can show that someone else was responsible for your car accident, you may be entitled to a settlement. Depending on the situation, this settlement could include a wide range of damages to help you rebuild your life.
Car accident claims can be complicated, so it is best to have assistance from a qualified legal representative. If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident that led to injuries, please contact the car accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Pembroke Pines
Car accidents occur every day in Pembroke Pines, but every accident is unique.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- driver error — In some cases, drivers simply make mistakes that may lead to car accidents.
- driving with distractions — When drivers are distracted by technology, conversations in the vehicle, or even their own thoughts, crashes are more likely to occur.
- driving under the influence — Drivers who drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol are more likely to be involved in accidents and cause injuries.
- disregarding traffic laws — When drivers disobey traffic laws, such as by running stop signs or stop lights, crashes are more likely.
- speeding — Speed is a common factor involved in crashes. Crashes that occur at high speeds are more likely to result in severe injuries.
Other possible causes of car accidents include inclement weather, poor road conditions, and malfunctioning vehicles. While some of the car accident causes listed here will qualify you to file a claim, others may not. To find out if your situation qualifies for a personal injury lawsuit, consult car accident lawyers in Pembroke Pines.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Car accident victims may have different motivations for filing a car accident claim in Pembroke Pines.
Some of the most common motivations for filing a claim include:
- holding the negligent party responsible — Filing a car accident claim gives you the opportunity to bring the negligent party to justice. Holding this individual responsible for what they have done can help you gain the closure you need to move forward.
- protecting future victims — Filing a car accident claim draws attention to negligent behavior, which may help to prevent future crashes and protect others from suffering situations similar to yours.
- collecting damages — When you file a car accident claim, you are able to collect the compensation you need to cover all of your related expenses. Because these expenses are often high, this motivation for filing a claim is common among car accident victims.
Regardless of your motivation for filing a car accident claim, having a competent attorney on your side is essential. Contact our firm today to learn more.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Every car accident claim is unique, and many different factors can affect the outcome of the claim. One of the most important factors to consider in any car accident claim is the issue of negligence.
Negligence is most commonly defined as the failure of someone to exercise the minimum level of care allowed by law. In order to win a car accident case, you must show that negligence was the cause of the accident. It is important to note that the state of Florida will allow you to file a claim even if you share fault for your accident, but you may receive a reduced settlement amount.
Another important factor to consider when evaluating your car accident claim is the overall impact the accident has had on your life. Factors such as the nature and extent of your injuries, the amount of time you missed at work, the bills you have accumulated, and the accident’s effect on your personal life will play an important role in determining the outcome of your case.
For a more thorough assessment of what you can expect in your individual car accident claim, it is best to consult an attorney who has experience with these cases.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation awarded in car accident cases varies widely based on many different factors. As a result, estimating the amount you can expect to collect can be complicated.
However, you can get an idea of how much money you may receive by considering the different bills you have paid in relation to the crash, as well as the losses the crash is expected to cause you in the future. Examples of possible future losses include the cost of ongoing medical care or the loss of ability to earn due to disability.
An experienced car accident attorney can review your situation and help you estimate the value of your claim more accurately.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If you win your car accident claim, the court will award you a settlement. In most cases, this settlement will include multiple types of damages intended to compensate you for all the losses you sustained in the crash.
Some of the most common types of damages included in car accident claim settlements are as follows:
- compensation for current, past, and future medical bills
- compensation for lost wages and loss of earning ability
- damages related to physical pain and suffering
- damages related to emotional and psychological trauma
- benefits for the impact the accident has had on your quality of life
In cases where the party responsible showed extreme negligence or malicious intent, punitive damages may be included in the settlement as well.
Auto Accident Rates In Pembroke Pines
Pembroke Pines is a part of Broward County.
Some statistics related to car accidents in this area include:
- The total number of auto accidents recorded in Broward County during 2017 was 41,337.
- Broward County recorded a total of 24,762 injuries and 225 fatalities related to car accidents during 2017.
- The number of total accidents, injuries, and fatalities decreased slightly in this area from 2016 to 2017.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Pembroke Pines
If you are thinking about filing a car accident claim, hiring an experienced attorney is highly recommended. Without the right attorney, you won’t have the best chance of collecting compensation.
The dedicated attorneys at Florin|Roebig understand the intricate laws involved in personal injury cases.
Some of the attorneys at our firm who serve car accident clients in Pembroke Pines include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Michael L. Walker, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Luca G Esposito
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you have been a victim of a car accident in Pembroke Pines, you need to act quickly. Otherwise, you may forfeit your right to collect compensation. To get started with filing a claim or to learn more about your options under the law, please contact Florin|Roebig today to schedule a consultation.