Car accidents in Dallas, Texas, are an unfortunate reality for countless drivers on the road. While some are minor and straightforward in terms why the accident was caused, others bring about questions as to who was at fault or end in unspeakable tragedies that need immediate attention from qualified parties.
How auto accidents are handled will vary depending on the court system in which you file, if you or a loved one were injured, and how the accident impacted your personal and professional life. For this reason, car accident victims should look to experienced professionals who understand how to file claims that will get the judge’s attention. The personal injury lawyers at Florin|Roebig are here to help you file a claim if and when you’re ready to move forward.
Common Causes Of Dallas Car Accidents
Car accidents happen everyday in Dallas for a number of reasons. Some accidents are simply unavoidable, while others are the direct cause of a negligent driver.
Examples of causes of accidents in Dallas include:
- Speeding: Motorists going too quickly remove their ability to slow down or stop in time. They put more than just themselves in the way of danger and can cause an accident.
- Distractions: Playing with the radio, checking a text message, or staring at a dog in the next car can all be major distractions and cause a driver to take their eyes off the road. And while it’s impossible to keep your eyes in front of you the whole time, it only takes a fraction of a second to cause a car accident.
- Lack of visibility: As drivers get older, the way they process light changes. As the sun sets, they may have a difficult time distinguishing lights, signs, and other common road conditions that can result in an accident and cause serious injuries to the other driver.
- Weather: Dallas may get its fair share of storms, but not everyone has a handle on how to navigate rough weather. The wet roads can easily lead to a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident that would have otherwise been avoided.
- Driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol: While drunk driving is an infamous cause of automobile accidents, the danger of prescription and street drugs looms larger than ever before. Even common medications can cause reaction delays that lie at the heart of a car crash.
Whether it’s dangerous behavior or an honest mistake, these causes can be a reason to file of a claim in Dallas. A qualified personal injury attorney can help you determine exactly how to classify the cause so there’s no confusion in court.
After being denied coverage by my car insurance for a Hit and Run that happened to me, I thought I was going to have to eat the cost of car repairs and medical bills. Until Florin Roebig. They took care of everything. Went WAY above and beyond in helping me to repair my car and myself. I am blown away by the help I received, and the care and attention I was shown. No question was too much, no request too trivial, and definitely no stone left unturned. Kathy was assigned to help me, and I can never say thank you enough. You guys are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be <3
Common Injuries Incurred In Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are a number of injuries that can come as a result of a car wreck. These injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death
Our Featured Case Results
Should You File A Car Accident Claim?
Some people assume that car accident lawsuits and personal injury cases are filed for the sole purpose of receiving financial compensation for damages and injuries. While an insurance company will certainly grant some financial consideration, they may also put up a fight as to who caused the accident and how much the injured party receives. If you or a family member feel that insurance won’t help the way you need it to, you need to take the matter to the courts with a car accident attorney on your side.
However, the reasons for filing a claim may go deeper than just money. Many people will file an accident case because they feel it’s their duty to prevent future Dallas auto accidents from occurring. An insurance company can’t hold the fault party accountable the same way the law can, and a claim is the best way to bring the issue to light and have the case reviewed by a judge.
There is no such thing as a perfect driver, but some drivers have shown a pattern that needs to be stopped due to their causes of car accidents. Others have behaved so carelessly that they can’t be put in a position of ever doing it again. Car accident lawyers can be the answer to holding people accountable, which can ultimately lead to safer roads and fewer car accident injuries and property damage.
Factors That Impact The Results Of Your Claim
There are several different factors that can directly affect your insurance claim and whether you receive fair compensation. These factors include:
- Your injuries: The same accident can affect two people very differently. Pre-existing conditions, age, whether the person was wearing a seatbelt, and seating position are just a few things that will alter someone’s injuries. The more severe the injuries, the more compensation is generally awarded.
- Your professional life: Auto accidents can result in missed time from work, which can result in lost current and future wages, lost promotions and job opportunities, and even lost jobs. If you can no longer provide for yourself, this will make a huge difference in the award you’re offered.
- The type of claim you file: Most motor vehicle accidents are filed under personal injury in Texas, but can be filed as property damage only in certain situations. Property damage is generally more straightforward and will usually result in the cost to repair or replace the property lost in the accident. In most cases, claims must be filed within the time limits of the statute of limitations under Texas law.
- Who was at fault: The at-fault driver may be held responsible for the accident and will have to go through their insurance to ensure the victim receives compensation for medical treatment, legal representation, and other damages caused by the wreck.
Regardless of the type of claim you’re filing, a qualified Dallas car accident attorney can look at all factors before deciding how to structure and file a claim for the best results.
What Damages Can Be Awarded In Car Accident Lawsuits?
Car accident and personal injury claims typically awarded to injury victims include both economic and non-economic damages.
These damages may include:
- medical expenses
- aftercare medical bills and treatment (e.g., physical therapists, at-home aides, etc.)
- lost current and future income
- loss of consortium
- pain and suffering (mental stress, PTSD, and anguish)
- punitive damages
An experienced Dallas personal injury law attorney can help put many of these damages into perspective for you. Punitive damages are rarely awarded unless you can prove that the other party acted maliciously or extremely negligent.
Loss of consortium can be filed by the spouse of a partner based on how they were affected by the accident. For instance, if your partner needed to care for young children alone or arrange for long-term childcare.
Dallas Car Accident Rates
While the city of Dallas does not provide regularly updated statistics on accidents in the area, the state of Texas does. The following is accident information that occurred in Texas in 2019:
- The accident death rate was 1.26 deaths for every hundred million vehicle miles traveled
- 12,907 serious crashes occurred
- One person was killed every two hours and 25 minutes in Texas
- Not a single day passed in 2019 in which a death did not occur on a Texas roadway
- 15,855 people sustained serious injuries
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Lawyers Serving Dallas
The right car accident legal team can rescue a claim from receiving the low-end of a settlement offer to receiving the maximum amount. The law offices of Florin|Roebig are here to help clients in Dallas and Texas get the compensation they need and deserve.
Consider the following car accident injury attorneys from our award-winning team to give you the edge in your case:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- John J. Hart
- Lawrence J. Najem, O.C.
- Andrew M. Leone, O.C.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Contact Florin|Roebig Car Accident Lawyers Today
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury and car wreck cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation. Give us a call today at (800) 226-6581 for a free consultation and case review.
Location and contact information:
3010 Lyndon B Johnson Freeway
Dallas, Tx 75234