Clearwater, Florida is a popular place to live, work, and travel. Thousands of people commute and travel through the city each day leading to an increasing amount of traffic accidents in the past few years.
Being involved in an auto accident can take away many qualities of life, leading to disabilities and financial loss. If you believe that the driver who caused the accident was negligent, you may be able to file a personal injury case to seek compensation for any damages you have suffered as a result of the automobile accident. Whether you were involved in a crash as a passenger or a driver, you may be entitled to compensation.
Filing a car accident claim can be tricky because injury victims need to know who to file the claim against and the process behind filing a claim. Florin|Roebig offers a free consultation to go over your case and determine your best options to file a strong personal injury claim.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents In Clearwater
Clearwater, Florida has one of the top-rated beaches in the world, a busy downtown, and a residential area where rideshare drivers service. While these are qualities of the city, these factors can also add up to a recipe for an abundance of car crashes.
Here are some common causes of motor vehicle accidents:
- dangerous driver: a driver speeding, disregarding traffic signs (red light, stop sign, No Turn on Red), not checking blind spots
- aggressive driving: driving recklessly by weaving in and out of traffic/making unsafe lane changes, tailgating
- distracted driving: a driver talking on a cell phone, texting, adjusting the radio, eating instead of paying attention to the road
- alcohol or drug intoxication: a driver operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance
Any of these factors could lead to a serious injury that results in a personal injury claim. Not all injuries, however, will qualify for a claim. The best way to find out if your injury qualifies is to speak to a skilled car accident attorney.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident victims may sustain any number of injuries that can lead to endless medical treatment, medical bills piling up, or an injury severe enough to cause the loss of the enjoyment of life.
Some of the most common types of auto accident injuries include:
- brain injury
- neck injury
- scrapes and cuts
- injury from the airbag deployment
- loss of limb
These injuries range from minor to severe and depending on what injury you or a loved one sustained in the accident, you may have a personal injury claim. Another result of a serious auto accident is death. If you believe your loved one was killed as a result of a negligent driver, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
What To Do Following An Auto Accident In Clearwater, Florida
Being involved in a car accident in a busy area like Clearwater can leave you in a very confusing and stressful situation.
If you were involved in an auto accident, it can be helpful to follow these simple rules:
- if your vehicle is still operational, try to move over to the shoulder or a nearby parking lot to avoid staying in dangerous traffic
- call 911 to report any injuries and to file a police report
- exchange information with the other motorist such as their name, phone number and insurance policy information (collecting personal information from witnesses of the accident is also a good idea as they can help strengthen your auto accident claim)
- check your insurance policy to see what is covered in an auto accident and if you have personal injury protection or PIP
- consider seeking legal advice and legal representation to determine if you are eligible to file an auto accident claim (Florin|Roebig offers a free case evaluation to see if it is in your best interest to pursue a car accident claim)
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
There are several reasons to file a car accident claim, and these may depend on the circumstances of the crash and damages.
Some of the most common reasons to file include:
- medical expenses: Hospital and post-accident medical care can be expensive
- lost wages: Inability to work a job after the accident can result in lost income.
- holding the driver responsible: By holding the fault party accountable, it will hopefully help prevent them from making the same mistake in the future.
There is no single motivation that drives why a person may file a car accident claim. To understand if you are eligible to seek compensation, or for help deciding whether it’s in your best interest to file, you can speak to a Clearwater car accident attorney today.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
There are many factors that can affect your claim. An experienced attorney at Florin|Roebig will be able to identify which factors will help your claim.
Common factors that may affect your personal injury claim are:
- the extent of your injuries: how severe your injuries are and what medical expenses you have incurred
- psychological and emotional injuries: difficulty overcoming the mental and emotional effects of getting into an auto accident
- loss of wages/employment: whether your injuries prevent you from going back to work short-term, long-term, or permanently
- loss of ability to perform household tasks independently: inability to do basic chores around the house such as clean, cook, maintain the property
- car repairs: costly repairs necessary to get your car back to driving safely
- property damage: expenses related to replacing any personal property that was lost as a result of the accident
- pain and suffering: physical pain you are suffering from injuries sustained from the accident
- loss of companionship: lost benefits of marriage or parenting
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Every auto accident is unique and different factors will be considered when determining how much compensation you may be entitled to.
These factors include but are not limited to:
- type of injury
- severity of the injury
- medical expenses or other costs resulting from the injury
- how the injury affects your career, home, or aspects of your life
Speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney will provide you with the answers you are looking for in determining your settlement amount. Providing facts about your car accident to an attorney can help ensure you get the assistance you need to successfully file a claim and get compensation.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Damages and compensation may be awarded depending on the circumstances of each auto accident. There is no set formula that determines how much a case is worth, but an experienced accident attorney can evaluate the details of your case to give you an estimate.
Some factors that may affect compensation in a car accident claim include:
- the severity of your injuries
- proof the other driver was at fault
- physical and emotional pain suffered
- damages to your car, including if your car was totaled
Speaking with a legal expert will increase your chances of securing compensation when filing a personal injury claim. A skilled attorney can also explain in detail which types of damages you may be eligible to receive for your car accident claim.
Auto Accident Rates In Clearwater
Traffic accidents have been on the rise in Clearwater. The city’s population has increased from about 107,000 to 117,000 in the last decade. This means there are more people on the road than ever, which may create dangerous driving conditions.
Here are some statistics on car accidents in Clearwater, Florida:
- In Pinellas County where Clearwater is located, there were over 17,000 reported accidents with over 10,000 reported injuries last year.
- Of those crashes, roughly 350 were caused by drug or alcohol intoxication.
- Common areas where auto accidents occur in Clearwater include US-19 and Gulf to Bay road.
These roads have experienced drivers speeding, running red lights, and impaired driving. With a high volume of cars on Clearwater roads, auto accidents are more likely to occur.
List Of Top-Rated Clearwater Car Accident Lawyers
Don’t take on the insurance companies by yourself. The dedicated, successful team at Florin|Roebig has more than three decades of experience serving clients throughout Florida and we are ready to discuss your claim.
Our award-winning legal team includes the Clearwater car accident attorneys:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Parker Y. Florin, LL.M.
- Taylor D. Roebig
- Nollys R. Solarte, O.C.
- Lawrence J. Najem, O.C.
- Andrew M. Leone, O.C.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
The experienced Clearwater personal injury attorneys at Florin|Roebig have years of experience and want to help you file your auto accident claim. We have a team of experts determined to prove your damage and get you compensated for your losses. Call us for a free consultation today.