Every day in North Miami Beach, people are involved in car accidents that lead to injuries, medical bills, emotional trauma, and other unwanted consequences. In many cases, these car accidents result from negligence. If you were injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver or another irresponsible party, you may be able to file a claim and collect a settlement.
If you are thinking about filing a car accident claim in North Miami Beach, the attorneys at Florin|Roebig are here to help you through every step of the process.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In North Miami Beach
In order to pursue a settlement after a car accident, you must be able to show that the accident was the result of negligent behavior. Thus, it is important to be able to clearly identify the situation that caused your car accident. While some car accident causes count as negligence for legal purposes, others do not.
Some of the contributing factors that are most likely to be considered negligence in North Miami Beach are as follows:
- hazardous road conditions — When roads are poorly maintained, accidents are more likely to occur. In such cases, the organization responsible for maintaining the road may be liable for the accident.
- manufacturer defects — If a defective vehicle malfunctions and causes an accident, victims may be able to pursue compensation from the manufacturer responsible for ensuring that the vehicle was safe to drive.
- driver inattention — Some drivers attempt to operate their vehicles while texting, holding conversations with other passengers, putting on makeup, or engaging in other unsafe and distracting behaviors. When this choice leads to a car accident, the driver is considered negligent.
- traffic law violations — If a driver speeds or breaks other traffic laws, the likelihood of an auto accident increases substantially. Drivers who cause accidents while breaking the law will be held legally responsible for resulting injuries.
- drunk driving — Driving while intoxicated is against the law, and it can also be dangerous. Drunk drivers who cause auto accidents are liable for the effects of the accident.
Not all car accidents will meet Florida personal injury law requirements. If you are not sure whether your accident qualifies you to file a claim, please contact our office to discuss the situation in detail.
Got hit Dec 10 2019. By a man who claimed he didn't see me. Called florin Roebig.P.A. They are helping me so much with my injuries and my suit I recommend them for First Call
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Filing a car accident claim after you have been injured offers several potential benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
- a chance to collect compensation — Following a car accident, you may need ongoing medical care and medications. You may also require other services, such as psychiatric care. In addition, you may be unable to return to work. If you file a car accident claim and your claim is successful, you will be able to collect the money you need to meet these financial needs.
- the opportunity to see justice — Being injured because of someone else’s careless actions is frustrating and unfair. However, when you file a car accident claim, you are doing everything in your power to be sure that justice is served.
- preventing future accidents — Although every car accident is different, common factors contribute to crashes on the road. Filing a claim and drawing attention to your situation may work to reduce the risk of similar accidents in the future.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Even though no two car accident claims are exactly the same, most claims are affected by the same common factors. For example, all successful car accident claims must include proof of negligence.
All car accident claims in the state of Florida are also subject to the policy of comparative negligence, which means that your settlement amount will be reduced proportionally if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident.
Likewise, all car accident cases are subject to the statute of limitations, which limits the amount of time you have to file your claim after a car accident occurs. If you do not file your claim in time, you won’t be able to collect a settlement. For this reason, it is important to act quickly to protect your rights.
For more information about the different factors that could affect the outcome of your car accident claim, contact car accident lawyers in North Miami Beach.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Because more than one factor will affect your compensation amount, coming up with an accurate estimate can be difficult. However, you can get an idea of how much money you may be able to win by considering the impact the accident has had on your life, both financially and personally.
Keep in mind that the court will consider specific expenses you have incurred, as well as the intangible effects of your injuries that will continue to impact your life in the future.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Successful car accident claims typically lead to a financial settlement. If you are awarded a financial settlement, it may include two different types of damages. Most of the damages you will receive fall under the heading of “compensatory” damages. These are damages that compensate you for specific expenses or intangible losses you have sustained because of the accident.
Some examples of compensatory damages include:
- benefits to cover lost wages
- medical payments
- compensation for loss of enjoyment
- benefits to compensate you for psychological trauma, pain, and suffering
In rare cases, the court may award punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages for the purpose of punishing the party responsible for your accident.
Car Accident Rates In North Miami Beach
North Miami Beach is a part of Miami-Dade County, where car accidents are common.
Here are statistics that describe the frequency and severity of accidents in this area:
- In 2017, Miami-Dade County recorded almost 66,000 car accidents. This total was slightly higher than the previous year’s total.
- More than 32,000 people were injured in Miami-Dade County auto accidents during 2017, and another 285 people died.
- Both the number of injuries and the number of deaths decreased slightly from 2016 to 2017.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving North Miami Beach
As a car accident victim, pursuing compensation from the party responsible for your injuries is the best way to move on with your life and restore your financial health. However, this process is not easy.
For this reason, it is in your best interest to work with a qualified legal representative. The team at Florin|Roebig has represented clients across the state of Florida, including North Miami Beach.
Some of our award-winning car accident lawyers include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Luca G Esposito
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Florida law limits the amount of time you have to act if you want to pursue a financial settlement after being injured in a car accident in North Miami Beach. As a result, you need to contact an attorney as soon as you can after the accident occurs.
The team at Florin|Roebig understands the laws that apply in these cases, and we are here to help you get the compensation you deserve. Please contact us today to make an appointment.