People are involved in car accidents in Alafaya every day. In some cases, these car accidents only cause minor injuries that heal quickly and result in minimal effects on the victim’s life. In other cases, however, the impacts of the accident are much more severe, causing lifelong injury and significant financial loss.
If you have been involved in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim for compensation. To get the best results, however, you need a qualified attorney on your side to represent you in court. The experienced car accidents lawyers at our firm will be happy to review your case and determine whether you qualify to file a lawsuit.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Alafaya
A car accident may occur at any time, for any number of reasons.
Some of the possible causes of car accidents in Alafaya include:
- driving under the influence — When a driver is operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, crashes are likely to occur. In these cases, you can typically file a car accident claim and collect compensation.
- distracted driving — In today’s world, texting or talking on the phone while driving is far too common. When these issues lead to a crash, victims can often collect compensation from the negligent driver.
- disobeying traffic laws — When drivers speed, run red lights, or disobey other traffic laws, accidents are more likely to happen. In such cases, the driver who disobeyed the law is responsible for any resulting injuries and other losses.
- vehicle malfunctions — When a vehicle malfunctions and causes a crash, the manufacturer of the vehicle may be held responsible. Talk to an attorney to find out if your situation qualifies.
- poorly maintained roads — If the government or other responsible organization fails to properly maintain roads and an accident results, the responsible organization may be held financially liable.
The best way to find out if your case qualifies for a personal injury claim is to speak with a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
There are several different reasons that a car accident victim may choose to file a lawsuit.
The most common reasons cited by car accident victims include:
- damages awarded — In the majority of cases, a car accident claim will lead to a financial settlement. This settlement will include damages designed to compensate the victim for various expenses and losses, from medical bills to loss of enjoyment of life. For many people, collecting these damages is the primary motivation for filing the claim.
- holding the negligent party responsible — When someone’s negligence impacts your life and leaves you injured, you have the right to seek justice. A car accident claim is the best way to hold the negligent party responsible for the effect their actions have had on your life.
- avoiding future incidents — Filing a car accident claim may help to prevent future incidents. Not only will the negligent party responsible for your crash be less likely to behave negligently in the future, but others may also be more careful as a result of the claim.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
A number of factors can play a role in both the outcome and settlement amount of your claim.
Some of the factors that may affect your car accident claim include:
- the extent of your injuries
- the amount of time you missed at work
- the degree of ongoing pain or disability you experience
- the financial impact of the accident
- the impact of the accident on your personal life
- whether the accident caused psychological trauma
It is also important to understand the role that negligence will play in your case. In the state of Florida, personal injury claims are subject to the policy of “comparative negligence.”
This means that the court will determine each person’s proportion of fault for the accident. If you are found to be partly at fault for the crash, you can still collect a settlement. However, the amount you can collect if you win a settlement will be reduced proportionally.
Keep in mind that all car accident claims in the state of Florida are subject to a statute of limitations. This means that you have only a limited amount of time after the car accident to file a claim for compensation.
If the statute of limitations expires before you file a claim, you may lose your right to a settlement. For this reason, we recommend contacting an attorney as soon as possible after you have been injured in a car accident.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
There are many different factors that can affect the amount of compensation you collect in your car accident settlement.
Some of the factors that will affect the value of your settlement include:
- the type of injury you sustained
- the injury’s ongoing impact on your life
- whether property damage occurred
- how the accident affected your finances
- the accident’s impact on your personal life
For a more detailed assessment of your claim and its potential value, please contact our firm to discuss the matter with an experienced attorney.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Damages awarded in car accident claims usually fall into the category of compensatory damages. These damages are intended to pay your documented expenses or compensate for specific losses.
Some examples of compensatory damages awarded in car accident settlements include:
- medical payments
- replacement of lost wages
- benefits for pain and suffering
- compensation for loss of enjoyment or other impacts on your personal life
- property damage payments
In cases where the person who caused the car accident was extremely negligent or behaved maliciously, punitive damages may be included in your settlement amount as well. Talk to a qualified personal injury attorney for more details.
Car Accident Rates In Alafaya
Alafaya is a part of Orange County.
The following are car accident statistics specific to this part of the state:
- A total of 188 people died in auto accidents in Orange County during 2017.
- Auto accidents in Orange County during 2017 resulted in 21,646 injuries.
- The total number of crashes in Orange County during 2017 exceeded 61,000 and was approximately 6 percent higher than the previous year.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Alafaya
Having the right attorney on your side in a car accident claim is essential for the success of your case. At Florin|Roebig, we employ attorneys who serve clients across the United States.
Some of the members of our team who can work with clients in Alafaya include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Michael L. Walker, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Filing a car accident claim in Alafaya requires careful planning and legal representation from the right attorney. The legal team at Florin|Roebig has extensive experience with these cases.
Regardless of your situation, we will take the time to learn about the details of your crash and provide you with customized advice. Please contact our firm today to make an appointment.