A car accident can sometimes be nothing more than a minor inconvenience for the driver. A fender-bender with minimal damages, no injuries, and a clear-cut, at-fault driver can often be settled in just a few weeks. But this is not always the case in Kissimmee. Serious accidents can not only cause serious injuries, but they can also lead to multiple unexpected expenses and untold stresses in the victim’s life.
From a broken leg to wrongful death, car accident lawyers in Kissimmee are available to help you make heads or tails of difficult circumstances. They’re available to file all the paperwork and walk you through procedures so there’s no confusion about the next step.
At Florin|Roebig, we provide accident victims with free consultations and look at how accident the accident was caused, what damages you may be able to claim, and how the accident has impacted your life overall to give you the best estimate for the outcome of your claim.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Kissimmee
If you or someone you love was involved in a car accident, it was likely caused by one or more of the following factors:
- carelessness: Some drivers simply can’t resist fiddling with the radio, daydreaming, or checking their phone. It just takes one wrong glance off the road to cause a horrific tragedy.
- speeding: Drivers with a heavy foot on the accelerator will require much more time to brake in the case of an unexpected stop.
- recklessness: Stopping in the middle of a busy highway, taking turns at 50 miles per hour or more, driving with total abandon: a reckless driver will endanger far more than their own life and property.
- stormy weather: While most accidents in Florida occur on clear days, rain and high winds can be a contributing factor for drivers who aren’t prepared to take precautions.
- drugs/alcohol: This infamous cause is often boiled down to too many drinks at the bar, but the increased use of prescription medications has complicated this matter further. Some drivers don’t even realize that they’re not supposed to be driving when taking their prescriptions.
- visibility: Older drivers, or others with visibility issues, don’t process light the same way as those without vision troubles, which can lead to accidents.
You can file a car accident claim in Kissimmee due to any of these reasons. Some accidents may involve multiple causes, such as speeding during a rainstorm or checking a text message after consuming prescription medications. This can alter how the claim is structured and presented in court.
After being denied coverage by my car insurance for a Hit and Run that happened to me, I thought I was going to have to eat the cost of car repairs and medical bills. Until Florin Roebig. They took care of everything. Went WAY above and beyond in helping me to repair my car and myself. I am blown away by the help I received, and the care and attention I was shown. No question was too much, no request too trivial, and definitely no stone left unturned. Kathy was assigned to help me, and I can never say thank you enough. You guys are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be <3
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
There’s more than one reason to file a car accident claim, especially in the case of a particularly extreme collision. The expenses that result from an accident can be insurmountable, and an insurance company may only be able to reimburse a small fraction of these costs. The courts will be able to better assess and determine the true damages. The judge will look at the total toll the impact took on your mental and physical health.
Some motorists will file for other reasons besides compensation. In certain cases, drivers have an obligation to their larger community to keep them safe. Any driver can make an error on the road, but some drivers shouldn’t be allowed to operate a motor vehicle. If the at-fault party needs to be held accountable, it’s the courts that can work out the punishment (not the insurance company).
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
A number of factors will come into play when determining a compensation amount for an injured victim following a car accident.
Florida court systems will look at the following factors when deciding on a claim:
- degree of fault: Florida enforces comparative negligence, which means it will split the degree of fault for an accident whenever it can. If the victim was deemed to be 10 percent at fault, this will be taken into consideration when determining compensation.
- severity of injuries: The courts will look at your medical records and the long-term effects of your injury. If you’ll undoubtedly suffer from a lifetime of chronic back pain due to your injury, this will be weighed heavily into the final settlement.
- personal and professional disruption: Whether you were training for a marathon or on the fast-track to a promotion, the courts will look at how the accident had a ripple effect on all aspects of your life.
- claim type: You can generally file for either personal injury or property damage in Kissimmee. A property damage claim is generally determined by the straightforward costs to either repair or replace the damage in question.
Injuries don’t always make themselves known until quite some time after the accident has occurred. That’s why the statute of limitations in Florida is four years after the accident has occurred. If you file outside this time limit, you may be denied unless you can show just cause for the delay.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
There is no way to tell exactly how much you’ll be awarded for your claim. However, there are a few general rules that can help you predict the amount you’ll receive. The courts will typically award more to you based on how the automobile accident interrupted your life.
The more evidence you have to prove the devastation of the collision, the more generous the courts will be. For example, a person with a severe pre-existing condition may experience a mild accident very differently than a healthy individual. An attorney can tell you more about how to gather and present this evidence, so you have the best chances of convincing the court.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Damages represent the different types of expenses and areas of your life which have been affected for which you can receive compensation.
Damages commonly awarded in car accident claims include:
- medical treatment: This includes medical expenses you accrue from the accident, such as prescription drugs, copayments, and follow-ups.
- aftercare: Physical therapists, chiropractors, live-in nurses, at-home aides, cleaners; you may need a variety of professionals to help you recover.
- lost wages: If you missed work because of your accident or you’re unable to continue your career trajectory, you can file for the costs of both your current and future salary.
- pain and suffering: This term references mental stress suffered after an accident. An attorney can help you quantify this type of damage so you know how much to file for.
- punitive: Punitive damages are a punishment to the at-fault driver and are not based on specific expenses that you incurred.
A spouse or partner of the victim also has the option to file for loss of consortium based on how the accident affected them. These damages can only be awarded to the spouse or partner and may be calculated both as direct expenses and pain and suffering.
Car (Auto) Accident Rates In Kissimmee
Kissimmee is located in central Florida in Osceola County and is just south of Orlando. Accident rates remain high in this city and throughout all of Florida.
The following statistics apply to recent car accident trends in the state:
- In 2017, there were 20,380 incapacitating accidents in Florida and 254,310 injuries.
- From 2015 to 2017, the average number of accident-related fatalities from drugs and alcohol was 465 per year.
- In 2017, Osceola County had 6,494 total crashes.
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Attorneys Serving Kissimmee
The law offices of Florin|Roebig employ respected attorneys who understand how to argue your case. If you’re looking for car accident attorneys with an extensive skill set, knowledge, and experience, look no further than the Florin|Roebig legal team.
A handful of our esteemed car accident lawyers include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
- John J. Hart
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Filing a car accident claim may be the only way to sort out the mess the collision left behind. If you have questions about your next move, Florin|Roebig can provide legal advice to help you understand how your claim is likely to be seen by the courts.
Not everyone should file a car accident claim, but many should at least consider it. Getting compensated for your injuries can be the difference between recovering in peace and worrying for months about how you and your loved ones are going to get by. Schedule a confidential and free consultation today and allow Florin|Roebig to learn your legal rights and to help you move forward to a brighter future.