Car accidents can happen at any time, even when you drive defensively. Unfortunately, these accidents often lead to injuries, medical expenses, and other losses that make it difficult to move forward.
When you have been victimized in a car accident, no amount of money can erase the experience from your life. However, filing a car accident claim can help you recover the compensation you need to move on with your life.
Because a car accident claim in St. Cloud can be confusing, it is best to seek assistance from the right attorney. The team at Florin|Roebig has represented many clients just like you, and we will work tirelessly to help you get the outcome you deserve.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In St. Cloud
All car accidents result from a unique set of circumstances. However, common factors that often contribute to car accidents in St. Cloud have been identified. In some cases, only one factor causes an accident. In other cases, multiple factors contribute.
Auto accidents in St. Cloud are often caused by:
- disregard for traffic laws — Some drivers may disobey traffic laws, either on purpose or by accident. When this occurs, they may be more likely to cause an auto accident.
- driving while drunk — Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol have slower reaction times and impaired judgment, which increases the risk of an accident. Drivers who are under the influence of drugs may contribute to an accident in a similar manner.
- driving while distracted — Drivers who are engaging in activities unrelated to driving, such as using a cell phone, may make errors that lead to car accidents.
- speeding — In many cases, drivers traveling at high speeds are unable to react to changing conditions on the road as quickly as they should, which may lead to an accident.
Some accidents may also be the result of poor road conditions or a vehicle malfunction. To find out if the circumstances of your accident qualify you to file a claim, talk to an experienced attorney.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
One of the most common motivations claimants have when they file car accident claims is financial in nature. Car accidents can be extremely expensive for victims, leaving them in financial ruin. Depending on your circumstances, you may need to pay medical bills, repair damaged property and make up for lost wages.
You may also have intangible losses, such as changes to your quality of life. When you file a car accident claim, you have an opportunity to recover compensation for these losses.
Aside from financial motivations, you may also want to file a claim to make sure the person who caused your car accident is held responsible and brought to justice.
The accident may have impacted your life significantly, and wanting to ensure that the responsible party pays for their actions is only natural. Furthermore, filing a claim may deter the negligent driver and other drivers from engaging in the same dangerous behaviors in the future.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
A range of different factors can affect the outcome of your car accident claim. Understanding these factors upfront can make the process easier for everyone involved.
Some of the issues to consider before you file include:
- the impact of the accident on your life — Thinking about how the accident has affected your life will help you decide whether it is worth the effort to file a claim, and it can also assist your lawyer in developing arguments for court. When considering this factor, remember to think about both personal and financial impacts.
- statute of limitations — Under Florida law, you have only a limited amount of time to file your claim. For this reason, you must take action quickly if you want to collect compensation.
- comparative negligence — You must be able to show that negligence was a factor in your car accident in order to file a successful claim. However, if you share fault for the accident, the situation becomes more complicated. Talk to your attorney for more information.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Several different factors will impact the amount of compensation you can collect when you file a car accident claim. For example, claimants who have more severe injuries that cause lasting disability will collect more than claimants who are expected to make a full recovery.
Likewise, if you can show that the car accident had a substantial impact on your financial health and personal life, your settlement amount will be higher. For a more accurate assessment of how much money you could collect, contact an attorney.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If your car accident claim is successful, you may receive a financial settlement containing several different types of damages.
Some of the most common damages included in these settlements are as follows:
- benefits to cover medical expenses — These benefits are designed to compensate you for your past medical expenses, as well the expenses you are expected to incur because of your injuries in the future.
- damages for lost earnings — The injuries you sustain in a car accident may lead to disabilities, which may make it impossible for you to work and earn money. As a result, your settlement may include damages to cover the wages you have already lost and are expected to lose in the future.
- compensation for personal impact — Most car accidents cause intangible losses as well, such as physical pain and emotional trauma, as well as changes to your quality of life. Your financial settlement may include additional compensation for these losses.
- punitive damages — In cases where the negligent party behaved maliciously, your settlement may also include punitive damages.
Auto Accident Rates In St. Cloud
St. Cloud is a city within Osceola County.
The following car accident rates were reported for this area in 2017:
- 6,494 auto accidents were reported.
- Auto accidents caused 55 fatalities and 5,436 injuries.
- 3,201 auto accidents caused property damage.
- 51 accidents involved one or more drivers using alcohol.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving St. Cloud
Litigating a car accident claim in St. Cloud is often overwhelming, especially when you don’t have the right legal representation. At Florin|Roebig, our team is here to provide you with all the resources you need to win your case and get the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys serve clients across the state of Florida.
Members of our team working with clients in the St. Cloud area include the following lawyers and many more:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Luca G Esposito
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you have sustained injuries in a car accident in St. Cloud, you need to file a car accident claim as soon as possible to collect compensation. If you are able to file a strong claim, you will have a chance to recover damages for all your losses so you can move on with your life. To give yourself the best chance of winning the case, contact our team at Florin|Roebig today.