Car accidents are common, but they can also be catastrophic for the people involved. When you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may find that you are no longer able to work or even enjoy your life as you once did. You may also be forced to pay expensive medical bills and rehabilitation costs that leave you in financial distress.
If another driver’s negligence was the cause of your car accident, that driver can be held legally responsible for your related expenses. To recover the compensation you deserve, contact the skilled car accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Pensacola
Every car accident is different, and a variety of factors can cause an accident to occur.
Some of the most common contributing factors include:
- inclement weather/poor visibility
- poorly maintained roads
- driver distractions, such as texting while driving
- driver intoxication (drunk driving)
- drivers failing to obey traffic laws
- road rage
- driver fatigue
While some of these factors may qualify you to file a personal injury claim, others will not. In general, you can file a claim if you can show that the accident was at least in part caused by negligence. A Pensacola car accident attorney with experience in this practice area can help you determine if your accident meets this requirement.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
As a car accident victim, you have the legal right to file a claim against the party who caused your car crash.
Some of the motivations you may have for filing such a claim include:
- holding the negligent party responsible — Nothing is more frustrating than suffering serious injuries that could have easily been prevented. Filing a auto accident claim gives you a chance to hold the negligent party responsible for their actions and the negative impact on your life.
- preventing future accidents — When the negligent party is held responsible for their actions, they are less likely to cause additional accidents in the future. Your auto accident lawsuit can also act as a warning to others who may have behaved negligently on the road.
- recovering compensation — Car accidents impact your life in many ways. A car accident claim often results in a settlement offer, which can be used to cover the many medical expenses and other losses you may have incurred as a result of the accident.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Cases
When you file a car accident claim, a variety of different factors can have an impact on the outcome. For example, if your injuries are severe and expected to cause you permanent disability, you are likely to receive a higher settlement amount. Likewise, if you can show that the accident has had a substantial effect on your personal life and finances, your settlement amount is likely to increase.
Keep in mind that the state of Florida bases personal injury lawsuits on the concept of comparative negligence. This means that you can win a settlement even if you are found to be partly at fault for the accident. However, your total settlement amount will be reduced based on the court’s opinion of your percentage of fault. A car accident attorney can explain this concept in more detail.
The state of Florida also requires all personal injury claims to be filed within a certain amount of time after an accident occurs. This time period is known as the statute of limitations. It is important to file your lawsuit before this time period has expired in order to protect your legal right to collect compensation.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation you can win in a car accident claim will be highly dependent on the specific details of your situation.
Some of the factors that will affect the specific amount of compensation you can collect include:
- the severity of your injuries
- the degree of your disability
- whether you can return to work
- how much you have lost in wages
- how much you have spent on medical care
- the amount of physical pain you have experienced
- the psychological impact of the crash
- the impact of the accident on your personal life
It can be difficult to determine exactly how much you will be able to collect in a car accident case. For a more specific estimate of your settlement amount, contact an experienced Pensacola car accident lawyer.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Personal Injury/Auto Accident Cases
If your car accident claim is successful, you may receive several different types of damages. The majority of these damages are considered “compensatory,” or economic damages and non-economic damages. These are intended to compensate you for a specific loss you sustained because of the car accident.
Examples of compensatory damages include:
- reimbursement for your past medical expenses
- benefits to cover future medical costs
- reimbursement for personal property damage
- damages related to psychological and emotional trauma
- benefits for pain and suffering
- compensation for damage to your quality of life
Depending on the specific circumstances surrounding your accident, you may also receive punitive damages. These damages are intended to punish the person who caused your accident and will be added to your compensatory damages.
For a more detailed explanation of the damages you can expect to receive if your auto accident case is successful, please contact our office to schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer.
Auto Accident Rates In Pensacola
Pensacola is a part of Escambia County.
Here are some auto accident statistics specific to this region:
- The total number of auto accidents reported in Escambia County in 2017 was 6,627. This number was lower than the totals reported for 2015 and 2016.
- A total of 51 auto accident fatalities were reported in Escambia County during 2017.
- Car accidents in Escambia County resulted in a total of 4,686 injuries during 2017.
- Although the number of auto accidents decreased from 2015 to 2017, the number of fatalities increased slightly.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Pensacola
To file a successful car accident claim, you need a dedicated and skilled car accident attorney on your side. At Florin|Roebig, our experienced car accident lawyers understand all the nuances of personal injury claims in the state of Florida.
Some of the members of our team who accident victims and their loved ones in the Pensacola area include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Luca G Esposito
- Nicholas S. Costantino
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find A Pensacola Car Accident Lawyer
Filing a car accident claim in Pensacola can be a complicated and overwhelming experience. In order to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation, you need to take the right steps.
However, with the right personal injury attorney on your side, you will have all the resources you need to succeed in court and bring home the settlement offer you deserve.
The law offices of Florin|Roebig have extensive experience with car accident cases in Southwest Florida and are happy to help you pursue the justice you deserve. Please call our office today to learn more or to make an appointment for a free case evaluation with a car accident attorney.