Regardless of the circumstances of your car accident, moving forward may be difficult. However, if you know that your accident could have been avoided, the situation can be even more frustrating. If another party was responsible for your accident, Florida law gives you the right to file a claim in court and collect compensation for your related losses.
Filing a personal injury claim is easiest and most likely to be successful when you hire the right legal representative. The team of experienced car accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig can help you learn your legal options, understand how much your claim may be worth, and file a claim when you’re ready.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Altamonte Springs
Every car accident in Altamonte Springs is different from the next. While some car accidents have a clear, singular cause, others may result from a combination of factors.
When determining whether you qualify for a settlement, the court will consider the cause of your car accident carefully.
Some of the factors most likely to contribute to a car accident in this area include:
- disobeying traffic — One of the most common causes of crashes throughout the state of Florida involves broken traffic laws. For example, when a driver runs a stop sign, a crash may occur.
- driving while distracted — Engaging in other activities while driving takes the driver’s attention off the road, which may lead to an accident.
- driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol — Drivers who operate their vehicles while under the influence of alcohol or drugs are more prone to make errors that lead to car crashes.
- driving while fatigued — Fatigued drivers have slower reaction times and diminished judgment, which may lead to an accident.
Accidents may also be more likely when the weather is bad, when the roads are not well maintained, and when traffic is heavy. This is also true for motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and pedestrian accidents. Because so many different factors can contribute to a car accident, it can be difficult to determine whether your crash qualifies you to file a claim. If you are not sure whether you should pursue a settlement, seeking legal advice from a car accident attorney is highly recommended.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Because car accident claims require an investment of time and effort, some car accident victims wonder whether they should file. However, if you have been injured in a car accident, there are several potential benefits to filing a claim.
Perhaps the most obvious benefit of filing a car accident claim is the ability to receive a settlement, which can compensate you for all of the financial and personal losses you experienced as a result of the accident.
Filing a car accident claim also gives you the opportunity to gain closure by holding the negligent party responsible for the impact their behavior had on your life. In addition, making sure that justice is served may reduce the risk of this individual engaging in negligent behavior in the future, which may protect others from harm.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Car accident claims in the state of Florida may be affected by certain common factors. For example, every claim in the state of Florida must be filed before the statute of limitations expires.
Likewise, all personal injury claims must include proof that the responsible party was behaving negligently, and all personal injury claims related to vehicle accidents must show that the accident caused harm to the claimant.
When the harm caused by the accident is more extensive and long-lasting, the case will be easier to win. Your attorney can explain how each of these different factors are likely to impact your car accident case in Altamonte Springs.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation you receive after filing a car accident claim will have a significant impact on your life after the case is over. For this reason, many claimants wonder how much they will take home when they file.
The amount of compensation the court awards you will be based on the specific details of your claim.
Some of the issues that will be considered when your settlement amount is calculated include:
- the financial impact of the accident
- the personal impact of the accident
- the type of injury you sustained
- the degree to which you are expected to heal
For more information about these issues, talk to the car accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
As a car accident victim, you may wonder what types of damages are available if your car accident claim is successful in court. Because car accident claims are unique, these damages will vary based on a number of factors.
However, in general, most car accident settlements will include:
- compensation for medical expenses — Most car accidents lead to injuries that require medical care, either temporarily or permanently. Your car accident settlement should include compensation for both past and future medical bills.
- damages related to lost earning ability — When you are injured in a car accident, you may be unable to return to work either temporarily or permanently. A fair settlement will compensate you for all wages you lose and/or are expected to lose in the future.
- benefits for pain and suffering — Car accidents can cause immense physical pain and psychological trauma. If you experienced these consequences, your car accident settlement should provide suitable monetary compensation.
- compensation for ongoing changes to your personal life — Car accidents may leave you changed permanently, unable to enjoy your former hobbies or have the same quality of life. You should be compensated for these losses as well.
To find out which specific types of damages are most likely to be included in your settlement, talk to your auto accident lawyer.
Auto Accident Rates In Altamonte Springs
Reviewing auto accident rates from a given area provides insight into the frequency and severity of local car accidents.
The following are auto accident rate statistics specific to Altamonte Springs and surrounding Seminole County in Central Florida:
- In 2017, Seminole County recorded a total of 7,211 auto accidents. This represented a significant increase from the number of accidents reported during the previous year.
- 4,660 people were injured in auto accidents in Seminole County during 2017. This number was also higher than the number recorded in the previous year.
- 48 people died in Seminole County auto accidents during 2017.
- 81 auto accidents in Seminole County during 2017 involved alcohol. These accidents were responsible for 7 fatalities.
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Attorneys Serving Altamonte Springs
When seeking legal help for a personal injury claim related to a car accident, your first step may be researching a list of car accident attorneys near you who can offer a free consultation.
Some of the members of our legal team who can serve Altamonte Springs include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
Having a qualified personal injury attorney on your team can make a significant difference in the outcome of your car accident claim. Our firm employs a team of experienced attorneys who provide legal representation to clients all over the state of Florida, including in Altamonte Springs.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
When you have been injured in a car accident, it can be difficult to see a clear path forward. At the law offices of Florin|Roebig, we understand how challenging these situations can be, and we are dedicated to making sure that every client gets a fair settlement for their injuries.
With over 30 years of experience and $1 billion in settlements, the Florin|Roebig law firm is one of the most distinguished litigation teams in all of Florida. Please contact our office today to schedule a confidential free consultation with one of our esteemed car accident attorneys.