Every car accident is different, but many of these accidents result in injuries. While some people’s injuries may heal quickly and result in few expenses, others lead to severe injuries, chronic pain, and a loss of normal physical function.
When you are involved in an accident that changes your life, you may wonder if there is anything you can do to recover your losses. If your accident was someone else’s fault, you have rights. In order to exercise these rights, you must file a car accident claim.
Filing a car accident claim in Palm Coast requires careful consideration and planning. To ensure you have the best chance of winning your case, you need to consult an experienced attorney. The team at Florin|Roebig is here to help you understand how Florida law applies in your case so you can make the best decisions moving forward.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Palm Coast
In order to file a successful car accident claim, you must be able to show that your accident was the result of negligence, which means that one or more parties involved failed to exercise the lowest amount of care the law requires. Negligence can appear in many different forms.
Some of the common car accident causes that usually count as negligence include:
- violating traffic laws — As expected, any car accident cause that involves a violation of traffic laws will be considered negligence. For example, if a driver caused your crash while running a red light or speeding, that driver will be responsible for all losses related to the accident.
- driving while distracted — If a driver causes an accident while they are not paying proper attention to the road or if they are behaving negligently, this can lead to an accident. In these cases, victims can typically file claims for compensation.
- driving under the influence — Drivers who cause accidents while under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not only violating state law, they are also behaving negligently. If you are injured in an accident caused by an intoxicated driver, you will likely be able to pursue a settlement.
- fatigue — Drivers who make mistakes while driving as a result of fatigue are considered negligent and can be held responsible for damages.
Other situations may also qualify as negligence. The best way to find out whether your car accident qualifies you to file a claim in the state of Florida is to talk to a qualified attorney.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
As the victim of a car accident, you may wonder whether you should bother with filing a claim. If you suffered any losses because of the accident, filing a claim is typically in your best interest.
Some of the specific reasons to consider filing a claim include:
1. To Speed Your Financial Recovery
Being involved in a car accident often leads to serious financial consequences, including lost wages, hospital bills, and more. Filing a car accident claim in Palm Coast gives you an opportunity to recover these losses by collecting a settlement.
2. To Hold The Negligent Party Responsible
Filing a car accident claim allows you a chance to ensure that justice is served and that the negligent party is held responsible for their actions.
3. To Protect Future Victims
When a negligent driver is held responsible for their actions, they are less likely to behave negligently in the future, which may reduce the risk of future accidents. Likewise, other drivers who hear about the claim and impact of the accident may be more likely to exercise caution on the road.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Before filing your car accident claim, it is important to consider a variety of different factors that may affect the outcome, including:
1. The Financial And Personal Impact Of The Accident
Car accidents often lead to both financial and personal consequences for victims. The nature and extent of these consequences will have a noticeable impact on the progression and outcome of your case. To ensure that you are fairly compensated for all your losses, keep careful records.
2. The Issue Of Comparative Negligence
The state of Florida allows claimants to pursue car accident settlements even if they are partly at fault for the accident. If you are found to be partly at fault, your settlement amount may be reduced, but you won’t lose your right to compensation.
3. The Statute Of Limitations
The state of Florida requires all personal injury claims to be filed promptly after an incident occurs. For this reason, it is important to take action quickly.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The exact amount of compensation you will receive if your car accident claim is successful can be difficult to estimate. Every car accident claim is unique, and the value of your claim will depend on many factors.
For example, the severity of your injury and the exact total of your medical expenses will have an impact on the amount you can collect. Likewise, the other financial losses you have experienced because of your accident will also be taken into account.
Furthermore, the court will consider all the aspects of your life that have been affected by the accident, including your interpersonal relationships and your ability to enjoy your hobbies.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If you win your car accident case, some of the damages you may receive in your settlement include:
- payments to cover your past and future medical expenses
- compensation for the physical and emotional pain you experienced as a result of the crash
- benefits to cover your lost wages and any wages you may lose in the future
- damages related to your lower quality of life and/or loss of ability to enjoy previous hobbies
Car Accident Rates In Palm Coast
Palm Coast is a part of Flagler County, Florida, where car accidents are common.
The following are statistics which demonstrate the frequency and severity of car accidents in this area:
- There were a total of 1,190 car accidents in Flagler County during 2017.
- Car accidents in Flagler County caused 806 injuries and 33 deaths during 2017.
- The number of car accidents and related deaths in this area increased from 2016 to 2017.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Palm Coast
When you file a car accident claim, the skill level of the attorney you choose can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. At Florin|Roebig, we understand the nuances of Florida law with regard to personal injury cases.
With every client, we take the time to learn the facts of the case so we can construct solid arguments for court and ensure the maximum settlement amount.
Some of the members of our team who serve clients in Palm Coast include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Nicholas S. Costantino
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you have been injured in a car accident that was the result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. In order to collect this compensation, you must file a car accident claim before the statute of limitations expires. Please contact the experienced attorneys at Florin|Roebig today to begin the process or to learn more about your rights as a car accident victim.