Car accidents are common in the Temple Terrace area, often leading to serious consequences for accident victims. If you have been involved in a car accident that resulted in serious injuries, it is likely that you are now dealing with medical bills, lost wages, and even ongoing changes to your personal life.
Although winning a financial settlement won’t erase these negative experiences, the money included in the settlement can make it easier for you to recover.
Car accident claims can be complicated, but having the right personal injury attorney on your side can make all the difference. If you or a loved one are thinking about filing a car accident claim in Temple Terrace, the experienced lawyers at Florin|Roebig law firm are here to help you succeed.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Temple Terrace
Every car accident is unique. While some accidents have one clear cause, others may occur because of multiple factors that come together to create a dangerous situation.
Some of the factors that may be involved in a car accident are as follows:
- inclement weather, such as heavy rain or dense fog
- driver distractions, such as phone calls or texting
- driver fatigue
- drivers who disobey traffic laws such as road markings or posted speed limits
- vehicle malfunctions or manufacturer defects
- unexpected road hazards
- poorly maintained roadways
In general, you will be able to file a claim and collect compensation only if your car accident was the result of negligence. This means that you must show that another driver or involved party failed to exercise the minimum amount of care Florida law requires.
Not all of the car accident causes listed will meet these requirements. In order to determine whether you qualify to file a claim, consult an experienced car accident attorney.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Car accident cases are complicated, and not all claims will end with the same results. The best way to predict the most likely outcome of your case is to consult a car accident attorney who has experience with these situations.
Some of the factors your attorney will consider when advising you include:
1. The statute of limitations
Following a car accident, you have only a limited amount of time under Florida law to file a claim for compensation. For this reason, it is important to move quickly if you believe you may be entitled to a settlement. If you do not file your claim before the statute of limitations expires, you may lose your legal right to pursue a settlement for your losses.
2. The type of claim
Some car accident claims involve only property damage, while others also involve bodily injury. The type of car accident claim you intend to file will affect the way it is processed, as well as the ultimate outcome.
3. The impact of the case on your life
Perhaps the most important factor to consider when thinking about the outcome of your claim is the way the accident injury has changed your life.
When determining the outcome of your car accident case and calculating your settlement offer, the court will consider both the personal and financial impacts of the injuries you sustained. For this reason, it is important to document all expenses and other consequences of the accident carefully.
4. Comparative negligence
The state of Florida utilizes a policy of comparative negligence in deciding car accident claims. This means that the court will assign a percentage of fault to all parties responsible for the car crash. Even if you are found to be partly at fault, you may still receive compensation.
However, the amount of compensation you receive will be reduced in proportion to your level of responsibility. Talk to your attorney to learn more about the effect comparative negligence could have on your claim.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The exact amount of compensation awarded in a successful car accident case will vary based on many different factors. Considering each of these factors is the best way to estimate the compensation you could win if you file a car accident claim in Temple Terrace.
Some of the factors you should consider when estimating the value of your claim are as follows:
- nature of your injuries — More serious injuries tend to lead to higher compensation amounts.
- impact on your personal life — The more severely the accident has affected your quality of life, the higher your settlement amount will be.
- financial impact of your injuries — One of the primary factors considered when determining your settlement amount will be the medical bills and other expenses you have paid and are expected to pay because of your injuries.
To find out more about the factors that could affect your compensation amount, consult an experienced car accident attorney.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If you win your car accident case, the court will award you damages intended to compensate you for the losses you experienced during and after the accident. Every car accident claim settlement is unique.
However, depending on your situation, you may receive:
- damages to compensate you for medical expenses, both past and future
compensation for lost wages and/or lost ability to earn
- compensation for changes to your quality of life due to physical disability and/or emotional trauma
- benefits for pain and suffering experienced
- reimbursement for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property
- punitive damages to punish the negligent party for their actions and deter future incidents
Car Accident Rates In Temple Terrace
The following car accident statistics pertain to Temple Terrace and surrounding Hillsborough County:
- During 2017, Hillsborough County recorded nearly 28,000 car accidents.
- More than 20,000 injuries were reported in relation to Hillsborough County car accidents during 2017.
- Hillsborough County recorded a total of 191 car accident-related fatalities in 2017.
List Of Car Accident Lawyers Serving Temple Terrace
By law, you are not required to hire a car accident lawyer in order to file a claim in Temple Terrace. However, hiring a qualified personal injury attorney can dramatically increase your chances of a positive outcome in court.
At Florin|Roebig law firm, we employ a team of seasoned professionals who serve clients across the state of Florida.
Some of the members of our team providing legal services in the Temple Terrace area are:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Being injured in a car accident can be a life-changing experience. If you have suffered serious injuries because of someone else’s negligence, the expert car accident lawyers at our firm are here to help you pursue a settlement. Please contact Florin|Roebig today to schedule a free consultation or to learn more.