Even a small car is a heavy piece of machinery that can cause significant property damage and injury. This may equate to mounting medical bills and a long road to recovery. Your life may be turned upside down.
If someone else caused this accident, you might be entitled to compensation for your loss either from the other party or an insurance company. The car accident lawyers at Florin|Roebig law firm support your efforts to navigate the claim-filing process and begin to recover what you’ve lost in this car accident.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Trinity
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury in the state of Florida. Every year they leave thousands wondering how they will pay the bills while trying to recover from the accident. Quite often, these accidents would not have occurred if not for the actions of another party.
Some common causes of car accidents in Trinity include:
- failure to yield right of way
- driving while texting or other distracting behaviors
- reckless driving
- not staying in the proper lane
- not stopping at a stop sign
- not maintaining the vehicle
If you suspect that the other driver was engaged in activities like these when the accident occurred, you may have a good case for a car accident claim in Trinity. You do not have to know for sure. It’s the job of the police and your car accident attorneys to determine what contributed to the accident.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Many factors may influence the outcome of your car accident claim in Trinity. Every car accident is a unique situation filled with many details to consider.
Some of these factors include:
- if the injuries are serious
- how many people were injured or lost lives
- any property damage
- any time you had to miss from work
- whether you can return to your job
- whether your injuries make it impossible for you return your the career
- Florida statute of limitations
- how negligence plays into your car accident claim in Trinity
- whether your insurance company has agreed to pay according to their contracts with you or the other party
- whether the other party was working for a company at the time and any responsibility they have in their hiring processes
Comparative negligence, also known as comparative fault, is the idea that when two or more parties are involved in an accident, both sides may have been negligent in some way.
One of the very critical roles of car accident lawyers in Trinity is to show that the other party is more negligent than you were in this case and to the greatest extent possible.
The statute of limitations of Florida for personal injury claims is four years. You must file the claim in that time, or you may miss your opportunity to get compensation for your damages.
Car accident lawyers for the other party may encourage them to use tactics to delay your filing. For this reason, it’s crucial that you contact car accident lawyers in Trinity right after you get medical attention to get the ball rolling.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Depending on the circumstances, those filing a car accident claim in Trinity can win a substantial amount of money.
How much your claim is worth depends on many factors like:
- how badly you were injured
- if doctors expect a full recovery
- how your finances were affected by that injury
- how that injury has affected the rest of your life
- how that injury has affected others in your life
- whether someone lost their lives
- whether you also experience property damage
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
When you’re in a car accident, medical bills may be one of the most pressing expenses, but you very likely have other losses as well.
It’s essential to look at your car crash and any losses as a whole because if the concept of comparative negligence reduces the payout, you don’t want to have sold yourself short and regret it later. An experienced car accident lawyer will help you determine all the ways the accident injury has impacted your life.
In the state of Florida, you can claim damages for in a car accident case for the following:
- household expenses for things you could no longer do yourself during recovery or can no longer do for the foreseeable future
- loss of enjoyment (e.g., a regular surfer can no longer hit the waves because of an injury)
- loss of companionship (e.g., a beloved sibling loses their life, leaving family without that friendship, connection, and support)
- lost job
- lost wages
- therapy bills
- medical expenses
- mental health bills
- inability to return to your career choice
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
Car (Auto) Accident Rates In Trinity
In Trinity and Pasco County, there are high rates of car accidents, accident injuries, and wrongful deaths caused by car crashes each year:
- over 100 deaths per 100,000 caused by car accidents each year
- a higher rate of car accident death than both Florida as a whole and the United States
List Of Car Accident Lawyers Serving Trinity
There are many factors to consider and obstacles to overcome when filing a car accident claim. Car accident lawyers in Trinity can help you navigate the complex process to increase your chances of winning compensation representative of your losses.
The car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig law firm have successfully helped clients all over the U.S. recover significant damages, but we’re right here in Florida and can offer you a free case evaluation to get started.
Some of our esteemed car accident lawyers who can help build your case in Trinity include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you’ve suffered losses from a car accident, it pays to work with car accident attorneys who have a track record of winning big cases for clients, like those at Florin|Roebig law firm.
Please don’t try to do this alone. The experience and support you need is a phone call away. Contact us for a free consultation to discuss the details of your claim.