If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, your life may have been greatly affected. You may have lost your job, feel overwhelmed, and notice additional tension in personal relationships. The medical bills can pile up, and you may have trouble paying medical costs and other expenses if you experienced serious injury and had to miss work.
If your injury was caused by another, filing a car accident claim in East Lake is the way to obtain compensation and begin reclaiming your life.
The car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig law firm understand your struggles and have helped many people like you win compensation for their losses.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In East Lake
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury in the state of Florida. Quite often, when a car crash occurs, someone has either acted or failed to act responsibly. The law calls this negligence.
Negligence can come in many forms, some of the most common causes of car accidents in East Lake are:
- distracted driving
- failure to maintain a vehicle (e.g., not replacing a headlight promptly)
- failure to yield the right of way
- disregarding traffic signals
If you believe that one of these or other negligence factors contributed to your car accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the negligent party.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
When filing a car accident claim in East Lake, it’s essential that you understand some of the factors that may contribute to the success of your claim.
- how bad injuries are and whether doctors expect a full recovery
- what time you have to take off work or whether you can return to your job
- the many ways that the car accident impacted your finances, relationships, happiness, and life in general
- how many people were injured or lost their lives
- whether negligence was involved
- how the insurance company is handling their responsibilities
- the property damaged
Florida statute of limitations
The state of Florida abides by the law of comparative negligence. This is also called comparative fault. Comparative negligence means that the law sees negligence as a shared responsibility.
In other words, both the person who wants to claim damages in a car accident and the person who caused the accident may have some part in the negligence.
If you’re found to have even a small percentage of the negligence, then any damage you win may be reduced by that amount. Car accident lawyers in East Lake will help determine who holds the most negligence in order to maximize your compensation.
The statute of limitations may also be a factor in your car accident case in East Lake. You have four years to file your car accident claim.
The other party and their car accident lawyers in East Lake, Florida may attempt to delay your filing by making promises or using other tactics. It’s imperative that you contact car accident attorneys first thing after getting medical care to take the right steps to secure compensation.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
It’s understandable to want to know how much compensation you can win. But many factors may contribute to the value of your car accident claim in East Lake. One of the crucial jobs of your car accident attorneys is to evaluate the real losses you’ve experienced so that you can claim the full amount and have no regrets later.
Some of the factors that contribute to the compensation amount include:
- type of injury
- how many injuries
- how many people were injured or lost their lives
- what kinds of costs
- how those injuries have impacted your life and will continue to do so
- whether doctors expect a full recovery
- property damage
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Your car accident lawyers in East Lake will help you understand what types of damages you should include on your car accident claim in East Lake.
Types of damages which may be awarded for a car accident case in Florida include:
- medical bills
- therapy bills
- mental health bills
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
- lost wages
- lost job
- loss of career if you can’t return to work in the field where you’ve been trained
- loss of enjoyment (e.g., an avid runner suffers a debilitating leg injury and will not be able to run again)
- loss of consortium (e.g., a spouse loses their life leaving the surviving spouse without that companionship)
Car Accident Rates In East Lake
East Lake is part of Pinellas County, where many car accidents occur every year:
- In 2019, 26 percent of car accident deaths were caused by intoxicated driving, which is higher than the state average.
- In 2018, 140 people died in car accidents.
- Thirteen people for every 100,000 residents lose their lives in car accidents. This is slightly higher than the United States rate but slightly lower than the state of Florida.
- Car accident occurrences, accident injuries, and accident death rates have been on the rise for the past five years.
List Of Car Accident Lawyers Serving East Lake
You can file a car accident claim in East Lake without a lawyer. But when facing such a big event in your life where so much is at stake, having someone who understands Florida law and court processes may influence the outcome significantly.
The experienced, dedicated, and successful legal team of car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig law firm can help you understand the value of your car accident claim in East Lake and the steps you need to take to get appropriately compensated for your losses.
Some of our car accident attorneys who can help file your claim in East Lake are:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- Nicholas S. Costantino
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
With over 30 years of trial experience and a history of winning substantial verdicts for clients who have suffered losses in a car accident, the car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig are prepared to get to work for you. Please call for a consultation.