Car accidents happen every day in Hillsborough county, where Lutz is located. While some of these accidents may be minor with few or no injuries, some can result in terrible injuries, causing steep medical bills and hardship. Car accidents can also have unforeseen effects.
A person who is severely injured may be unable to work, unable to pay their utility bills and mortgage, and could have their credit damaged.
Most people who are injured in car accidents fall behind financially, then suffer the consequences for years to come. If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a motorized vehicle, seek help from an attorney.
The car accident lawyers in Lutz can help you recover damages to make your healing process faster and less stressful. By successfully filing a claim for your injuries, you can focus on healing without feeling pressure to return to work before you’re ready.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Lutz
There are many reasons people experience car accidents.
Below are some of the most common causes of car accidents in Lutz and the surrounding county:
- running a red light — When a car runs a red-light, this can cause high-speed accidents involving unsuspecting drivers.
- distracted driver — Driving while texting can lead to terrible accidents that cause injuries and even death.
- speeding — Speeding can lead to accidents. Drivers who speed can lose control of their vehicle, causing damage to their vehicle and injury to others.
- reckless driving — Reckless driving behaviors can cause high-speed accidents.
- drunk driving — According to the CDC, drunk drivers kill on average about 29 people each day.
Car accidents in Lutz come in all shapes and sizes, and can lead to devastating injuries as well as death. Anyone who is involved in a car accident in Lutz should be aware of their rights.
If you are the victim of a car accident, whether it’s an accident relating to the problems above or it’s an accident of another type, your first priority should be to get medical help. Working with an experienced physician is important to help ensure a swift and successful recovery.
Once you’ve received treatment from a doctor and your condition is stable, seek help from an experienced car accident attorney in Lutz. Your lawyer can help you decide if you have a strong case and what can be done to help you file your claim.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
There are many factors that can influence your car accident claim.
The strength of your case depends on the circumstances of the car accident and the effect the accident has on your life, such as:
- impact on your personal life — If your personal life has been impacted by your accident, work with your attorney to prove the ways in which your life has been changed.
- impact on your finances — If you’re unable to manage the financial stress created by your car accident, work with your car accident attorney to prove that it has had a negative effect on your financial stability. Your attorney may work with you to gather medical bills, bank statements and more.
- extent of your injuries — Your car accident attorney will help you gather documentation to prove the extent of your injuries.
- time missed from work — If you’re missing time from work, especially if this has resulted in unpaid wages, you may be able to seek compensation for it.
Negligence In Florida
According to Florida’s comparative negligence rule, anyone can file a claim for a car accident injury, even if they are partially to blame for that accident. The compensation they can claim is reduced based on their responsibility for the accident. Every car accident case is different. Your attorney can help you understand what this means for your case.
Statute Of Limitations
Every car accident claim and personal injury claim has a statute of limitations. When you’re in a car accident, it’s important to act quickly.
Seeking a free consultation with a personal injury attorney right away can help ensure that, if you’re in financial distress because of your accident, you’ll have the best chance possible to be compensated for your injury.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of money you can claim for your accident injuries depends on many factors, but most of all, it depends on the financial impact that your injury has had on your life.
Factors that will be taken into account to determine your compensation include:
- type of injury — Severity of injury, type of injury, and expected recovery time are all factors that could affect how much money you can collect for your injury.
- aspects of life affected by your injury — If you’re unable to take care of yourself or your property, or if you’re unable to engage in everyday activities because of your injuries, this increases the value of your claim.
- medical expenses and future medical expenses — Your claim can help pay for your medical expenses and future medical expenses to reduce the financial burden.
- lost wages and lost future wages — If you’re unable to work, have lost wages, and are expecting future lost wages, your settlement offer can help make up for that lost money.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If you’ve suffered from a car accident and have been injured, or if members of your party were injured, you may have suffered financial losses that could be impacting your ability to pay your bills or live comfortably in your home.
The following are some of the types of damages that you may be awarded if you successfully file a claim:
- funeral and burial expenses from wrongful death
- medical expenses
- lost earning potential
- lost wages
- long-term medical care
- ambulance and transportation expenses
Car Accident Rates In Lutz
No place is safe from car accidents, and the Lutz area is no exception.
The following facts apply to car accident in Lutz and greater Hillsborough County:
- There were nearly 20,000 injuries from all car crashes in Hillsborough County in 2019.
- Over 200 fatal crashes occurred in Hillsborough County in 2019.
- Just over 13,000 injury crashes occurred in Hillsborough County in 2019.
If you’ve been involved in an automobile accident and have been injured, now is the time to make a car accident claim in Lutz.
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Lawyers Serving Lutz
When you suffer injuries from a car accident, it’s critically important to get help from an attorney with a record of success. When you work with the attorneys at the Florin|Roebig law offices, you have the chance to collaborate with nationally recognized lawyers.
Here are some of the lawyers you could be working with:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
- John J. Hart
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Florin|Roebig law firm is an award-winning legal office with a nation-wide presence. Since 1985, Florin|Roebig has been helping accident victims to claim compensation for their injuries. Don’t go through your recovery without financial support. Contact the car accident attorneys for a free case evaluation and legal advice regarding your claim today.