Car accidents happen every day. While some of these accidents may not be severe, others cause long-lasting injuries. In most cases, one or more parties will be responsible for causing the crash. If you have been injured in an accident where someone else was at fault, Florida law entitles you to damages for related losses.
In order to collect the damages you deserve, you must file a car accident claim. To ensure that your claim is filed appropriately and that you receive the maximum settlement amount, you need representation from experienced car accident attorneys, such as those at Florin|Roebig.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Kendale Lakes
To file a successful car accident claim in Kendale Lakes, you must be able to prove that negligence was a factor in your case. In most cases, this means that a driver involved in the accident failed to uphold the standard of care the law requires, leading to injuries and property damage for others.
However, not all car accident cases will meet the requirements of Florida personal injury law.
Some of the causes of car accidents that are typically considered negligence and will allow you to file a claim are:
- intoxicated driving
- distracted driving
- fatigued driving
- driver who disobeyed traffic laws
- driver who made an error
- road rage and/or reckless driving
You may also be able to file a claim for compensation if your accident occurred because of a manufacturer defect in your vehicle and/or a hazardous roadway. All of these situations can be complicated, and many car accidents have more than one contributing factor. For this reason, it is in your best interest to discuss the matter with an experienced car accident attorney.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, you may be wondering whether you should invest the time and effort required to file a car accident claim and pursue a settlement.
There are several reasons you should consider filing a car accident claim, including:
To Collect Needed Compensation
If your car accident led to injuries, you may need financial compensation in order to recover and move on with your life. For example, you may have medical bills to pay, you may have missed time at work, and you may have been forced to replace property that was damaged in the accident. Filing a car accident claim in Kendale Lakes gives you the opportunity to collect money for all of these losses.
To Protect Others
If you believe the person who caused your crash is dangerous, it is important to file a car accident claim in order to protect others motorists from being involved in similar accidents in the future.
To Bring The Responsible Party To Justice
Filing a car accident claim is the easiest and most effective way to ensure that the party responsible for your accident is forced to face what they have done and accept the consequences required by law.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
As you prepare to file a car accident claim, there are several issues to consider.
Some of these issues include:
- the impact of the accident — If the accident has had a significant impact on your financial and personal life, you will have an easier time winning your case. Be sure to collect plenty of evidence to present in court.
- the statute of limitations — In the state of Florida, you can collect compensation for your injuries only if you file your claim within a certain amount of time after the accident. This time period is known as the “statute of limitations.” Be sure to act quickly after the accident to protect your right to a settlement.
- comparative negligence — In some states, victims are not able to collect a settlement if they share any fault in an auto accident. Fortunately, the rules are different in Florida, and you can file a claim even if you share some of the responsibility for the accident. If you believe you may share some responsibility, talk to your attorney for guidance.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The value of your car accident claim will be impacted by several different issues, making it difficult to estimate upfront. One of the most important factors to consider is the effect the accident has had on your life.
The court will look at the financial impact of the accident, as well as the way your personal life has changed because of the accident. The court will also consider the nature and extent of your injuries, as well as the way the accident affected your mental health.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Car accident settlements in Kendale Lakes may include a variety of different damages. The exact damages that will be included in your settlement if you win your case will depend on the way the accident impacted your life.
However, some of the most common damages included are listed below:
- medical payments — This category includes payments to pay your past medical bills, as well as additional compensation for the medical expenses you are expected to incur in the future because of your injuries.
- lost wages — Many people who have been injured in a car crash are unable to work temporarily and/or permanently, even with the best medical care. If your ability to earn money was impacted by your car accident, your settlement will include damages for lost wages.
- property damage — If your personal property was damaged in the accident, your settlement may include compensation for repairs or replacement.
- personal impacts — If the accident impacted your personal life by causing psychological trauma, loss of enjoyment, or other related issues, you may receive additional damages.
- punitive damages — In cases where there was malicious intent on the part of the person responsible for your accident, you may receive punitive damages as part of your settlement.
Car Accident Rates In Kendale Lakes
Car accidents in Kendale Lakes are far from rare.
The following are statistics related to car accidents in this city and the surrounding county of Miami-Dade in 2017:
- Miami-Dade County saw a total of 65,986 auto accidents.
- Accidents in Miami-Dade County resulted in more than 32,000 injuries and 285 deaths.
- The number of accidents was higher than the previous year, but the number of deaths and injuries decreased slightly.
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Attorneys Serving Kendale Lakes
If you have been injured in a car accident, you need to file a claim in order to recover compensation. This process can be complicated, but having the right personal injury attorney on your side in court can improve your chances of success.
At Florin|Roebig, we have a team of experienced professionals who have represented clients across the state of Florida. For every year since the inception of the honor in 2010, Florin|Roebig has been selected as one of the “Best Law Firms in America” by “US News and World Report” and “Best Lawyers in America.”
Some of the members of our team serving Kendale Lakes include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Luca G Esposito
- John J. Hart
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident may not be easy. However, with the help of the right attorney, you can file a successful car accident claim and get the compensation you deserve. To learn more or to schedule a free consultation, please contact Florin|Roebig today