Car accidents are a common occurrence in Hialeah, leading to many deaths and injuries every year. If you or a loved one have been a victim in one of these accidents, you may face a number of life-altering consequences.
For example, you may be dealing with injuries and chronic pain. You may also have expensive medical bills, and you may even be unable to return to your job and earn money as you once did. In the face of these obstacles, you may be wondering if there is anything you can do to get your life back on track.
Fortunately, if your car accident was caused by a negligent driver, you may be able to file a claim and collect compensation. If you are interested in filing a car accident claim in Hialeah, the experienced attorneys at Florin|Roebig can help you throughout every phase of the process.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Hialeah
Car accidents occur every day, and they can have a variety of different causes. In fact, in many cases, a car accident will have more than one contributing factor.
Some of the most common situations that contribute to car accidents in this area include:
- driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol — When a driver is intoxicated, they have slow reflexes and poor judgment. In some cases, this will lead to a car accident.
- driving with distractions — Driving while texting or engaging in other distracting behaviors may lead to increased driver error and, as a result, accidents.
- reckless driving — When drivers speed or otherwise drive unsafely, they are more likely to cause a crash.
- driver fatigue — Driving while overly tired leads to an increased incidence of accidents that may result in injury or death.
All of these causes are related to driver negligence. Because the driver was negligent in each of these situations, victims are allowed to file personal injury claims. If negligence is not a factor in your case, filing a personal injury claim isn’t typically possible. Our attorneys can help you determine whether your situation qualifies to file a claim.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
As the victim in a car accident, there are several reasons you may decide to file a claim. For most people, the primary reason for filing a claim is to collect compensation.
If you file a claim and win a settlement, you will have the money you need to pay the bills related to the accident. You may also receive additional benefits to compensate you for the impact on your future, such as benefits for loss of earning ability.
Another common reason for filing a car accident claim is to bring the responsible party to justice. When you file a claim, this person must face the consequences of what they have done. Likewise, filing a lawsuit may reduce the risk of this individual causing future accidents by behaving negligently.
After being denied coverage by my car insurance for a Hit and Run that happened to me, I thought I was going to have to eat the cost of car repairs and medical bills. Until Florin Roebig. They took care of everything. Went WAY above and beyond in helping me to repair my car and myself. I am blown away by the help I received, and the care and attention I was shown. No question was too much, no request too trivial, and definitely no stone left unturned. Kathy was assigned to help me, and I can never say thank you enough. You guys are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be <3
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
A variety of different factors will impact the outcome of your car accident claim.
Some of the most important factors to consider include:
- the statute of limitations— The statute of limitations is the time period during which you must file your claim after the accident occurs. Failing to file in a timely manner may make it impossible for you to collect compensation. For this reason, you need to act quickly if you want to file a lawsuit.
- negligence —In order to file a claim, you must be able to show that negligence played a role in your accident. However, because the state of Florida utilizes the principle of comparative negligence in personal injury cases, you can file a claim even if you are partly at fault. Talk to an experienced attorney to find out how comparative negligence could affect your claim.
- the extent of your injuries— More severe injuries make it easier to collect a large settlement. However, you may be able to file a claim even if your injuries are minor.
- financial impact— The financial impact of the accident is one of the most influential factors in any car accident claim. The greater the impact, the easier it will be to receive compensation.
You might also be interested in...
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation awarded in car accident cases ranges considerably, with some settlements including only medical payments and others including additional damages that raise the settlement amount dramatically.
To determine how much you could win in one of these cases, consider the impact the accident has had on your life. When calculating your settlement amount, the court will consider the bills you have incurred, as well as the intangible effects the accident has had on your life.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
The exact damages you receive when you win a car accident claim will be heavily dependent on the circumstances surrounding your case.
However, some of the damages that may be included in your car accident injury settlement are:
- compensation for medical expenses, including past medical bills and future anticipated costs of medical treatment
- damages related to physical pain, psychological trauma, and ongoing physical or mental issues
- benefits to compensate you for wages you lost and/or will lose in the future
- additional compensation for loss of enjoyment of your life
- punitive damages in cases involving extreme negligence or malicious actions
Car Accident Rates In Hialeah
The following are some car accident rate statistics specific to Hialeah and the surrounding area:
- Hialeah is a part of Miami-Dade County, where there were nearly 66,000 crashes in 2017. This number was higher than the number of crashes recorded for the previous two years.
- Crashes in Miami-Dade County during 2017 resulted in 285 deaths in 2017.
- More than 32,000 injuries related to car accidents were recorded in Miami-Dade County during 2017. This number was slightly lower than the number of injuries recorded in 2016.
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Lawyers Serving Hialeah
You are not legally required to have a car accident attorney representing you when you file a claim in the state of Florida. However, because the stakes are so high, having representation from an experienced attorney who has a history of success is highly recommended.
Some of the lawyers at Florin|Roebig who serve clients in Hialeah include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim In Hialeah
Filing a car accident claim can be an overwhelming experience, but it is the best way to collect the compensation you deserve following an accident that leaves you injured.
If you are thinking about filing a car accident claim, you need to consult an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Please contact Florin|Roebig today to schedule a confidential and free consultation with a member of our legal team.