Getting injured unexpectedly can be a life-changing event. Your life can be going as planned and before you know it you are in an emergency room suffering from an accident.
If you were involved in an accident that left you injured, seek medical attention immediately and note everything you can about how it happened. Depending on the nature of the injury, you may end up with a disability, ongoing pain and suffering, and steep financial losses.
Florin|Roebig attorneys can help you recover from the losses you received from your accident by filing a personal injury claim in Hialeah. A small injury to wrongful death and other types of injuries may qualify you to receive compensation.
Car Accidents And Other Incidents That Lead To Personal Injury
In a city like Hialeah, many different types of injuries can take place at any time of day at nearly any location.
Examples of personal injuries in Hialeah that can result in a claim include:
- slips and falls — falling as a result of an unsafe environment, including slippery floors recently cleaned or uneven surfaces
- vehicle accidents — getting involved in a car, motorcycle, or rideshare accident due to a driver not driving safely and ignoring traffic laws
- assault and battery — when someone or a group of people intentionally harm you either physically and/or emotionally
- dog bites and pet-related injuries — if a pet owner does not have proper safeguards in place to prevent their pet from harming you
- pool-related injuries — not having a lifeguard on duty when required or having protective barriers/equipment to prevent injury
- medical malpractice — receiving injuries due to a careless medical procedure, such as major surgery or minor treatments
Other types of injuries can also qualify you to file a claim. Our personal injury attorneys have defended claims to the fullest extent to ensure that clients are treated fairly.
What You Need To Know About Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury claims can be complex if you are not an experienced legal professional. Courts in Miami-Dade County, where Hialeah is located, look at a legal concept called comparative negligence to determine who is responsible for a person’s injury. This state-specific concept means that an injured party can file a personal injury claim against a negligent party even if they are partially responsible.
When filing a personal injury claim, it is important to speak with a personal injury lawyer to help determine how a court may rule who was at fault for the injury. If you are less than 50 percent responsible for the injury, it will be in your best interest to file a claim to relieve you from financial and emotional burdens.
When a court hears a personal injury case they look at four important factors.
These factors include:
- the negligent party had a legal requirement to provide a safe environment
- the injury led directly to your injuries
- you suffered damages such as physical, emotional, and financial
- the incident occurred within the statute of limitations
The statute of limitations is a law that requires personal injury claims to be filed within a specified period of time. In the state of Florida, you must file a personal injury claim within four years of the incident, or within four years of realizing you are injured. In medical malpractice cases, the time frame is even shorter with the state only giving you two years to file a claim.
Reasons People File Personal Injury Claims
There are many different reasons why someone would want to file a personal injury claim. Each individual might have a specific reason or a combination of reasons. The main reason to file a claim is to recover from the various types of costs that are incurred as a result of the injury.
Common reasons people may file a personal injury claim in Hialeah include:
- medical expenses — ambulance fees, reconstructive surgery, physical therapy, prescriptions
- lost income — current and future lost wages
- pain and suffering — ongoing physical and mental anguish
- quality of life — you are no longer able to enjoy or perform routine activities such as activities with family, hobbies, or house maintenance
Other reasons for filing a claim can qualify, depending on the circumstances of what caused your injury. Every injury should be taken seriously and if you were injured at the full or partial fault of another person, you deserve a settlement to help make you whole again.
Types Of Damages Awarded For Personal Injury Claims In Hialeah
Hialeah has a population of over 200,000 residents and is located in Florida’s most populated county, so injuries commonly occur in this area. To help the injured party get back on their feet and recover from damages, Florida courts award them compensatory damages. These damages are utilized most because they directly help personal injury victims by providing them compensation.
Compensatory damages awarded in personal injury claims in Hialeah include:
- wrongful death
- pain and suffering
- loss of quality of life
- lost work
- loss of consortium
It is rare for a court in Florida to award punitive damages, which are solely aimed to punish the wrongdoer.
Knowing What Your Claim Is Worth
Every personal injury claim is different. Your injury has a different set of facts, from causation to how much it has affected you. The details surrounding your accident and how it affected you will play a role in how much your claim may be worth.
Key factors that affect your how much compensation you may receive include:
- who is at fault for your injury — if the negligent party is 100 percent responsible or partially responsible for your injury
- type of injury — broken bones, dismemberment, emotional stress
- extent of the injury — short- or long-term disability, death
- financial losses as a result of the injury — medical expenses, loss of salary
It is not easy to calculate how much you may be entitled to so it is best to reach out to a personal injury lawyer in Hialeah to go over your case.
Our Featured Case Results
Do I Need To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer?
The short answer is no, it is not a requirement to hire a personal injury attorney in Hialeah. Yet hiring an experienced legal professional can be the difference between you covering your expenses from damages and receiving no compensation at all.
During the personal injury claim process, you are required to accurately fill out the appropriate paperwork, seek compensation from the party at fault and/or their insurance company, and even go to trial if a resolution cannot be determined through negotiation.
The biggest advantages of hiring a personal injury lawyer in Hialeah include:
- access to a personal injury attorney who is looking out for your best interest throughout the entire legal claim process
- a strong and accurate personal injury claim filed against the party at fault
- negotiating to get a fair settlement
- going to trial to ensure the responsible party and/or insurance company pays to make your life whole again
These advantages will help you get back to living your life again. You shouldn’t have to deal with the complex process of filing a personal injury claim when you are trying to recover from your injury. A Florin|Roebig personal injury lawyer will have your back and you will be confident that any settlement made will be fair and aimed to help you.
List Of Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Hialeah
Florin|Roebig has a team of personal injury attorneys that believe in helping people through a difficult time in their life. Our legal experts have been filing personal injury claims for over 30 years and take every case seriously.
Some of our personal injury lawyers serving Hialeah include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig
- Nollys R. Solarte
- Taylor D. Roebig
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Nicholas S. Constantino
- Lawrence J. Najem
- Luca G. Esposito
- Neil P. O’Brien
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Reach Out For Help With Your Personal Injury Claim
At Florin|Roebig, you can expect an attorney that will fight for your rights to the fullest extent of the law. You can expect an attorney that will listen to you, understand your injury, and show compassion for what you are going through. Our highly experienced attorneys have won over $1 billion in settlements over the last three decades.
In addition, U.S. News & World Report and other publications have recognized Florin|Roebig as one of the best law firms in the United States. The first step to filing a strong personal injury claim is to give us a call and tell us about your injury. Call us today to get started.