Unfortunately, people are often injured in Wesley Chapel. These injuries can quickly result in mounting medical, housing, and other expenses that can prompt them to file a personal injury claim.
Not only can such a claim provide the injured party with compensation for their losses, it can also offer them damages for some future expenses. Florin|Roebig can help them navigate the complex landscape of obtaining that compensation.
Car Accidents And Other Incidents That Lead To Personal Injury
Wesley Chapel is located in Pasco County, where there were 7,516 auto crashes in 2018. Of those accidents, 6,204 resulted in injuries with nearly one hundred people losing their lives.
Though car accidents might be the incident that comes to mind most when considering what can lead to personal injury, there are a number of other causes as well. It is important to note that nearly any event that results in an injury could be the basis of a personal injury claim.
Some examples of such incidents include:
What You Need To Know About Personal Injury Claims
After an injury has occurred, it is important that medical care is obtained as soon as possible. Even the most minor of injuries could mask more serious issues that are not evident until later. After securing medical care, contacting personal injury attorneys is a smart second step.
Doing so helps protect the injured person. In Florida, personal injury claims are awarded based on a concept called comparative negligence. The amount of negligent behavior that resulted in the incident is determined. Damages are then awarded based on that information.
Types Of Damages Awarded For Personal Injury Claims In Wesley Chapel
When a personal injury claim is filed in Wesley Chapel, there are three primary categories of damages that can be awarded. The ability to obtain compensation for each type of damages depends on the details surrounding your case.
Skilled personal injury attorneys can provide their clients with guidance regarding the likelihood that they can collect for the following damages:
- monetary loss: This type of damage is likely the most well-known and includes a wide swath of losses. These include, but are not limited to, loss of wages, medical care, property damages, household services, and future earning potential.
- non-monetary loss: Disfigurement, a loss of quality of life, pain and suffering, and physical impairment are some examples of non-monetary losses that could be awarded when filing a personal injury claim in Wesley Chapel.
- punitive damages: While punitive damages in Florida personal injury cases are rarely awarded, it is possible to obtain them. In order to do so, it must be shown that the person at fault was acting in a manner that was intentional and/or reckless.
Understanding The Value Of Your Claim
Even though it can seem like there are numerous factors that can be taken into account regarding the worth of a personal injury claim, in reality there are just a few primary ones. These include the types of injuries and their seriousness, any changes to the individual’s quality of life, the type of accident and the circumstances surrounding it, and the person’s ability to earn a living in the future.
Our Featured Case Results
Do I Need To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
The decision to hire a personal injury attorney is a deeply personal one. It is not a requirement—either by the legal system or in order to obtain compensation.
However, there are a number of reasons why doing so offers a significant advantage to the injured party, including:
- exploring all the ways an injury affects your life: how much compensation you may win largely depends on the ways an injury has impacted your life—and the proof you can present in regards to these effects. A lawyer can ensure you gather the necessary documentation to strengthen your claim.
- handling insurance companies: Some insurance companies may be most interested in paying out as little as possible. Retaining personal injury lawyers provides the injured person with the professional expertise to fight for the compensation they deserve.
- providing expertise and guidance throughout the claims process: Personal injury lawyers specialize in their field, so hiring a lawyer to help with your claim ensures you have the best chance of a favorable outcome and settlement.
List Of Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Wesley Chapel
While hiring an attorney for assistance in filing a personal injury claim is not a requirement, leaning on their expertise can be reassuring. It can also be instrumental in the success of such a legal matter.
Florin|Roebig maintains a large roster of personal injury lawyers serving Wesley Chapel who can assist in the filing of a claim, including the following:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Chad K. Florin
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Reach Out For Help With Your Personal Injury Claim
When someone is injured due to the fault of another, it can put their entire life as they know it in jeopardy. Florin|Roebig can help you navigate this complex and confusing period in your life with the experienced legal expertise you need and deserve. Contact us for assistance in filing your personal injury claim in Wesley Chapel today.