Car accidents in Apollo Beach, Florida can lead to financial hardship, serious injuries, and a total disruption of everyday life. If you are involved in a car crash, you may need help and financial compensation to get back on your feet.
If you’re unable to work, having difficulty paying your medical bills, and worrying how you’ll manage to recover, work with an experienced car accident lawyer.
Filing a car accident claim in Apollo Beach can make your recovery easier and less stressful. By getting compensation for damages, you can focus more on healing. Your car accident attorney can walk you step by step through the process, making filing a claim much easier and increasing the likelihood of success.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Apollo Beach
There are many reasons that car accidents can occur in Apollo Beach and elsewhere in the state of Florida. Distracted driving, for example, is a common problem in today’s technology-focused society.
Texting and driving has led to many deaths and injuries, and drivers in Apollo Beach are not immune to this problem. In addition to distracted driving, there are other common causes of accidents in Apollo and Hillsborough County, such as.
Other common causes of car accidents include:
- speeding: Speeding can lead to loss of control of the car, which can cause accidents, serious injuries, and deaths.
- drunk driving: Florida’s laws state that drivers with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or higher cannot drive a vehicle. Anyone who does is putting themselves and others at risk.
- running a red light: Drivers who run red lights can cause accidents, sometimes with devastating injuries.
- reckless driving: Reckless drivers cause accidents by disregarding laws and putting people on the road in danger.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
There are many factors that may affect your car accident claim. Your personal injury lawyer will help you decide what documentation is necessary to support your case.
Going through financial records, tracking down medical paperwork, and getting statements from your employer regarding lost wages are all ways that your attorney can help build your case.
Factors that can affect your claim include:
- extent of your injuries
- impact on your quality of life
- impact on your finances
- time missed from work
Speed is another factor that could affect your claim. The faster that you’re able to get medical care from a doctor, the stronger your case will be.
Once your condition is stabilized, contact an attorney as soon as possible. Your car accident attorney can help you decide if your case is strong, and if so, you can get started right away. The faster you work to prove your case, the better.
Comparative Negligence In Florida
According to the comparative negligence rule in Florida, any car accident victim can file a claim for an accident injury in Florida, even if they are partially to blame for the accident. Their award can be reduced depending on their level of responsibility for the accident.
When you file a claim, the other party’s attorney will try hard to prove your level of responsibility. Working with an experienced attorney can help ensure that you’ll be able to claim as much as possible for your injury.
Statute Of Limitations
It’s important to file a claim before the statute of limitations runs out. If you’ve been involved in an accident, don’t delay contacting an attorney to get started.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation you can win after a car accident in Apollo Beach depends on many factors including the type of injury and how deeply your life has been affected by your injury.
If you’re unable to take care of your house, your property, your children, or yourself during your recovery, this can have an effect on your claim. Your car accident lawyer in Apollo Beach can help you prove the ways in which your life has been changed by your accident.
If you are sinking into debt, unable to pay medical bills or household expenses, or having difficulty earning money to make your living, this too could affect how much compensation you can collect.
Your car accident lawyer can give you an estimate of how much you may win, but only after you’ve taken your car accident case to court can you know the true value of your claim.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
The types of damages that are awarded to car accident victims usually depends on the financial toll that the accident has had on their lives. Often the finances, debt, and mounting medical bills are the biggest deciding factor when a settlement offer is made.
The types of damages that you may be able to claim include:
- wages and future lost wages: Work with your attorney to determine how much money you’ve lost while you’re unable to work during your recovery.
- medical bills and future medical costs: Steep medical bills can lead to financial problems and hardship for car accident victims.
- household bills and expenses: If you’re unable to work, you may also be unable to pay your mortgage, rent, utility bills, and everyday expenses. Work with your attorney to prove which expenses you’re unable to pay. You may be able to collect money to help cover late fees as well.
Car Accident Rates In Apollo Beach
With a population of almost 18,000 people, Apollo Beach is not an especially large community in the state of Florida. However, as a community not far from the much larger metropolis of Tampa Bay, Apollo Beach gets its fair share of traffic.
This means that many car accidents occur in and around Apollo Beach in a typical year:
- Over 13,000 injury crashes occurred in Hillsborough County in 2019.
- Over 200 fatal crashes occurred in Hillsborough in that same year.
- More than 600 motorcycle crashes took the lives of over 50 people in Hillsborough County in 2019.
List Of Car Accident Lawyers Serving Apollo Beach
When you’ve been injured, it’s critically important to work with a personal injury attorney that has a track record of success in the courtroom.
Attorneys at Florin|Roebig law firm are among the most respected car accident attorneys in the United States. Our nationally recognized law firm helps car accident victims recover damages for their injuries.
Some of our car accident lawyers include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Michael L. Walker, B.C.S.
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you’ve been the victim of a car accident in Apollo Beach, hire an attorney with decades of experience in the industry. Florin|Roebig has been servicing communities around Florida since 1985, and in recent decades has taken on a national presence.
As an award-winning law firm helping car accident victims in Apollo Beach, we can help you file a claim to help you through your recovery. Contact us today for a free consultation to begin your car accident case.