Car accidents happen every day in South Florida. These crashes can result in physical injury and/or financial strain. Crashes can range from a minor fender bender to a head-on collision that results in serious injury.
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident in Boynton Beach, you have rights that can help you recover from damages. Medical expenses add up quickly and disabilities that resulted from the accident can hurt current and future compensation.
Hiring the right attorney will give you the best chance of getting a strong settlement. Florin|Roebig car accident lawyers will be happy to discuss your case and go over your best options for seeking compensation after an accident.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Boynton Beach
Boynton Beach is a populated coastal city where car accidents happen nearly every day.
Several factors lead to car accidents, such as:
- speeding — driving over the speed limit, including through construction zones
- distracted driving — texting, talking on the phone, focusing on electronics or radio
- aggressive driving and road rage — driving with anger and causing unsafe conditions
- disregarding traffic laws — running a red light, failing to stop or yield
- driving under the influence — driving under influence of a controlled substance such as drugs or alcohol
- not making necessary auto repairs before driving — broken taillight, brake issues
These are just some examples of what can cause a car accident. If you were in a crash due to one of these reasons, you may be able to file a personal injury claim.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Being involved in a car accident is a difficult experience. When you are injured and required to go to the ER and multiple follow-up appointments, it can be even more difficult. Medical expenses may continue to add up when all you want is to be healthy again.
The following are common reasons a person may wish to file a car accident claim:
- to recover damages from medical expenses that were incurred after the crash
- recover compensation from current and/or future lost wages
- force the responsible party to accept responsibility for their negligence
- draw attention to the crash resulting in changing road signs or laws to make the area safer for drivers
Whatever your reason may be for filing a claim for your auto accident, you will have options to make right what you have lost as a result of the crash.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
There are many different factors that affect claims in Boynton Beach. Each case is unique and will be reviewed carefully by a court before being awarded compensation.
Some of the factors that will affect the outcome of your claim include:
- the extent of your injuries — The more severely injured you are from the crash, the more likely your settlement will be higher. Any injury from minor to major may qualify you to be compensated.
- the effect on your everyday life — The injury may prevent you from working your job resulting in lost wages. If you are unable to care for yourself or a loved one, such as a parent, spouse, or child because of your disability, then your awarded compensation will take this into account.
- the expenses you’ve incurred — Medical expenses are a big financial disruption after an auto accident. Any other expenses that occur as a result of an accident can be subject to compensation.
- negligence of the driver — The degree of negligence of the driver at fault such as excessive speeding or double the legal limit of alcohol.
With so many car accidents happening every day, there are endless scenarios that could affect your claim. Be sure to take notes on everything that happened so you can have the most accurate and strong claim.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation you can win will be determined by many factors. Major factors that will increase your chances of a higher settlement include the extent of your damages and the nature of the accident.
Talking with an experienced car accident attorney will help you determine how much compensation you may receive. The attorneys at Florin|Roebig have filed claims in South Florida for almost every scenario and know how to optimize your claim.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
There are many different types of damages awarded in a car accident settlement. Compensatory damages serve to compensate the victim for the losses they incurred because of the accident. Punitive damages aim to punish the defendant for their negligent actions.
Damages awarded to a car accident victim may include:
- reimbursement for medical expenses
- compensation for current and future lost wages
- compensation to help cope with pain and suffering, loss of life, and quality of life
- benefits to help care for a loved one you were taking care of
These are just common awards given to a victim for a personal injury claim in Boynton Beach. Depending on the circumstances of the incident, you may be subject to other types of damages.
Car (Auto) Accident Rates in Boynton Beach
Boynton Beach is a southern Florida family and resort town located in Palm Beach County. It is estimated that the population has increased by roughly 15 percent to over 75,000 residents in the last decade.
The following statistics are specific to car accident rates in the Boynton Beach area:
- Over 26,000 crashes occurred resulting in 16,000 injuries and over 180 fatalities.
- There were over 300 alcohol-confirmed crashes with 15 fatalities.
- There were 45 drug-confirmed crashes with 5 fatalities.
As the population continues to grow, there will be more cars on the road resulting in more unsafe road conditions and accidents.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Clearwater
The first step to filing a strong car accident claim is to speak with an experienced and dedicated attorney. The attorneys at Florin|Roebig can guide you through the process of building a strong case so you can get the compensation you deserve.
Here is a list of our attorneys that serve the Boynton Beach Area:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Luca G. Esposito
- Brian R. Dettman
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Nollys R. Solarte
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Your life can change drastically after being in a car accident. The number of hurdles you go through to try and get your life back to normal may not be enough.
Filing a car accident claim can help cushion the impact of your injuries including physical, emotional, and financial. The responsible party is required under Florida law to pay for their negligence, and hiring the right attorney can determine the outcome of a claim.
Florin|Roebig wants to hear your case and help you get through this difficult time. Call for a free consultation and see why our firm has won over $1 billion in legal claims.