When you are involved in a car accident, you may feel like you have nowhere to turn. Depending on the situation, you may be dealing with pain and even ongoing disability.
Car accidents also result in high expenses for many victims, leaving you wondering how you will make ends meet. Fortunately, if your car accident was caused by another person’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim for compensation.
In order to file a successful car accident claim, you must meet several requirements. You must also comply with all relevant state laws throughout the filing process.
Because all of these issues can be confusing and complicated, it is in your best interest to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible if you are planning to file a car accident claim in Pompano Beach. The experienced attorneys at Florin|Roebig are here to help you through this process.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Pompano Beach
Filing a successful car accident claim requires you to show that someone else’s negligence was the cause of your accident.
Some possible car accident causes that may be considered negligent in a Florida court include:
- driving drunk — Driving while intoxicated is against the law. If someone caused your car accident while driving drunk or under the influence of drugs, you may be able to file a personal injury claim.
- distracted driving — Drivers who are using cell phones, GPS, or other technology are likely to be distracted while driving. Likewise, some drivers may become distracted by other activities, such as talking to passengers. If a distracted driver causes a crash, you can file a claim for compensation.
- speeding — When speeding, drivers cannot control their vehicles as effectively and accidents are likely. If a speeding driver causes an accident that results in injuries or other losses, you are permitted to file a claim under Florida law.
- disobeying traffic laws — Drivers who disregard traffic laws and cause accidents are responsible for any injuries or damage they cause. If you were a victim in such an accident, you can typically collect compensation.
Car accidents are unique, and many accidents have more than one contributing factor. Contact our firm to find out if your situation qualifies you to file a personal injury claim in Florida.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
The most common reason most victims of car accidents cite for filing a claim against the negligent party is for the purpose of collecting compensation. Car accidents often result in significant expenses, including medical bills, lost wages, and other costs.
Victims in these cases also experience ongoing effects in their personal lives, including psychological issues and loss of enjoyment. Pursuing a car accident claim settlement gives you a chance to collect compensation for all these losses.
Another reason you may choose to file a car accident claim is for the purpose of holding the negligent party responsible for their actions and ensuring that justice is served. Likewise, filing a claim may also reduce the risk of similar accidents occurring in the future, which may protect others.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
The outcome of your car accident claim is highly dependent on a variety of factors surrounding your accident.
Some of the factors that will affect your claim include:
- the impact of the accident on your life — The nature of your injuries, your degree of disability and the ongoing effect on your personal life will play a role in determining the outcome of your car accident claim. In general, the more severe the impact, the stronger your claim will be.
- the expenses and losses you can show — Another important factor in any car accident claim is the financial impact of the accident. This impact will not only affect the strength of your claim, but it will also be considered in the calculation of any settlement you may win.
- your role in the accident — If you were partially at fault for the car accident, you can still file a claim. However, the amount of your settlement may be reduced.
Keep in mind that Florida law requires all car accident claims to be filed within a specific amount of time after the accident. This time period is known as the “statute of limitations.” If you fail to file during this time, you may lose your right to collect compensation, so it is important to act quickly.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Many claimants filing car accident lawsuits want to know how much compensation they could win if the case is successful. However, because so many different factors affect the amount of compensation you can collect, this is a difficult question to answer.
Your compensation amount will depend on your expenses, the impact of the accident on your personal life, the competence of your attorney, and whether the case goes to trial.
For a more accurate and detailed assessment of how much you could collect in a car accident claim, please contact our office to schedule a consultation.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
The exact damages you will be awarded in a car accident claim will vary.
The most common damages included in car accident settlements are as follows:
- medical payments
- compensation for lost wages
- damages related to impacts on your personal life
- benefits to cover future needs, such as future medical care and/or lost ability to work
- punitive damages to punish the negligent party
Auto Accident Rates In Pompano Beach
Thousands of auto accidents take place in Pompano Beach and the surrounding county each year:
- Pompano Beach is part of Broward County, where 41,337 auto accidents took place in 2017.
- More than 24,700 injuries were reported in these accidents.
- A total of 225 people were killed in the auto accidents recorded in Broward County during 2017.
- The number of accidents and fatalities decreased slightly from the previous year, but accidents still occur in Broward County every day.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Pompano Beach
If you are thinking about filing a car accident claim, you need quality legal representation. These claims require careful planning, as well as meticulous collection of evidence.
When preparing arguments for court, you need a skilled attorney on your side to help you build the strongest case possible. Florin|Roebig employs some of the most experienced and capable car accident attorneys in Florida.
Some of the members of our team who serve clients in Pompano Beach include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Michael L. Walker, B.C.S.
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you have been involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. In order to collect compensation, you must file a claim against the party responsible. At Florin|Roebig, we understand how serious these claims are for your future. Please contact our firm today to learn more or to schedule a consultation.