With many drivers on the road and unpredictable situations, car accidents in Bradenton can be inevitable at times. No matter how the accident occurred, it’s important to take careful stock of the fallout from it. Whether you sustained serious injuries or you’re seeking justice on behalf of a loved one, the right car accident lawyer can provide legal representation and help you decide who was at fault and how you should be compensated for your loss.
Car accident lawyers in Bradenton can be the answer you’re searching for if you need help filing a claim. The courts in Florida have very specific procedures, and if you’re new to the process, it may be difficult to navigate the legal world alone.
A qualified personal injury attorney will ensure you get the consideration you deserve. Florin|Roebig understands what you’re going through after a car accident injury, and we’re here to give you the best legal advice in filing your claim and recovering from your losses.
Common Causes Of Bradenton Car Accidents
A motor vehicle accident may happen for any number of reasons, but often occur due to a few specific causes including:
- speed: The rate at which a driver is going means everything when it comes to avoiding an accident. A speeding motorist simply doesn’t have the capacity to be as careful as someone going the speed limit.
- carelessness: This is a broad term that can mean anything from reading a text message to driving with one’s eyes closed. The courts will determine between what is distraction and what is reckless, but drivers are known to do some very dangerous things when in control of a motor vehicle.
- hazardous weather: When weather rapidly changes, not every driver has the forethought to become more cautious on the road.
- impairments: From opioids to alcohol, drivers can get behind the wheel when they’re not in their right mind. Even extreme sleep deprivation can count as impaired driving.
- visibility: Older drivers and others with visibility issues may not be able to process certain hazards and signage, which can lead to an accident.
You’re encouraged to file a claim if your car accident was caused by one or several of these factors. It’s not unusual to see multiple contributing factors to an accident, especially if drugs or alcohol were involved – which includes motorcycle accidents and truck accidents.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
People file car accident claims for different reasons based on their experience, financial situation, and personal values. While it’s most common to see a claim filed for monetary rewards, this is a stereotype that is defied on a daily basis.
Even a financially secure person might file a car accident claim in Bradenton if they feel that drivers, passengers, pedestrians, animals, etc. are in danger due to the at-fault party. An incompetent or reckless driver doesn’t necessarily clean up their act just because they cause a car crash.
They may need to be punished more severely before they’re officially taken off the road, and an insurance company simply can’t do this. It’s only the courts that can go the extra mile to ensure that what happened to you (or a family member), doesn’t happen to anyone else. Holding the other party at-fault in the form of a personal injury lawsuit can eventually lead to safer roads.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Any number of factors may affect the strength of a claim and how that claim is settled. Which factors will affect your car accident claim will depend on the details surrounding your case.
Most car accident claims are defined by these factors:
- severity of injury: The court will look at exactly how your body reacted to the crash, taking into account everything from personal statements to medical records.
- disruption to personal/professional life: A car accident can impact your schoolwork, work life, and childcare routines.
- determination of fault: Florida is a state that upholds comparative negligence, or the concept that two people may share fault in a single accident.
- type of claim: Car accidents generally break down to either personal injury or property damage.
- statute of limitations: You have four years to file a claim in case your injuries took several years to manifest.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Even the most experienced lawyer can only predict what you’ll win based on their experience. However, the courts are more likely to be generous if your lawyer can prove that you suffered serious loss after the accident occurred. This could mean anything from a missed career opportunity if you are unable to work for several months (or even years) to time away from your young children.
In the case of a wrongful death, nothing can bring the person back, but monetary compensation can go a long way to relieve a portion of the stress you’re experiencing. A lawyer is there to show just what was wrenched away from you, so there’s no ambiguity to the judge.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Damages account for the areas of a person’s life affected by the accident. Most damages are compensatory, meaning they are awarded in order to compensate the accident victim for their loss.
Each accident and the types of damages which apply to it varies from the next, but most accidents will result in the following types of damages:
- medical: The direct costs of your injuries may come in the form of co-payments, prescription drugs, surgery bills, and extensive follow-up visits. These medical bills can all be filed for and awarded with the help of the right car accident lawyer.
- home care assistance: You may need help that isn’t strictly medical, such as a babysitter to care for your young children or an aide to cook your meals and assist with basic hygiene. Whether it’s a physical therapist or a professional cleaner, you can file for these incidental costs.
- wages: The courts will take into account the wages that you missed out on after the accident, as well as wages that you may have earned in the future based on your career trajectory and education path.
- loss of consortium: Only a spouse or significant other can file for these damages. The claimed amount is based on the financial and emotional costs that resulted from the accident. An example of these costs would be emergency childcare, if your spouse had to arrange for this while you were recovering.
- pain and suffering: This type of damage is not based on specific financial costs. Instead, it refers to the mental stress that your injuries caused you and the anguish felt due to the major adjustments made in your life.
- punitive: These costs are only awarded to you if you can prove the at-fault driver was intentionally trying to harm someone on the road. These charges are levied against someone solely to punish them and make it less likely they’ll make malicious choices ever again.
Bradenton Auto Accident Rates
Bradenton and the state of Florida report the following car accident facts:
- In 2019, a collaborative report showed that Bradenton-Sarasota had become more dangerous for pedestrians when compared to 2016.
- According to the numbers, 3 a.m. is the most dangerous time to drive in the area, in terms of total fatalities.
- The vast majority of accidents occur when the weather is entirely clear. Clouds and rain can also be significant factors for accidents.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Bradenton
Having the right attorney to represent your claim can mean the difference between getting the compensation you deserve and walking away shortchanged. Our attorneys at Florin|Roebig have more than 30 years of experience and over $1 billions in settlements from representing personal injury and property damage claims, and we are ready to put our skills and expertise to work for you.
A few members of our esteemed legal team serving Bradenton include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Parker Y. Florin, LL.M.
- Taylor D. Roebig
- Nollys R. Solarte, O.C.
- Lawrence J. Najem, O.C.
- Andrew M. Leone, O.C.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Get Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
No matter how dire the situation in front of you may seem, there’s no reason to go it alone. We understand why it may seem tempting to try to fight for yourself, but winning the compensation you deserve involves so much more than just telling your story. Filing a successful car accident claim means paperwork and procedures that few people are able to take on without professional help.
Even attorneys may be hesitant to take on the case if they don’t specialize in car accidents. The law offices of Florin|Roebig have experienced attorneys who know Florida personal injury law and can spot a problem or inconsistency long before it has the chance to turn into anything more than a minor issue. When you request a consultation, you have access to our many years of experience. Contact us today for a confidential free consultation to learn more about how to file a claim and what you may stand to win in compensation for your accident case.