Car accidents occur on a daily basis in the Country Club area. Although some accidents are minor, many of these accidents leave their victims injured, in pain, and dealing with expenses they cannot afford to pay. If you have suffered losses in a car accident caused by someone else, however, you may be entitled to compensation.
To get the compensation you deserve, you must file a car accident claim. The attorneys at Florin|Roebig can evaluate your case and help you make the best decisions every step of the way.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Country Club
If you were injured in a Country Club car accident, the accident’s cause will be one of the most important factors considered when determining whether you qualify for compensation. In order to file a successful car accident claim, you must be able to show that the accident occurred because one or more parties behaved negligently.
Some situations that are usually considered negligence include:
- intoxicated drivers — When a driver causes an accident while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they are typically considered negligent.
- traffic law violations — Drivers who violate traffic laws by speeding, running stop signs, failing to yield, or disregarding other rules of the road are responsible for any property damage and injuries they may cause.
- driving with distractions — Drivers who are texting, talking to other people in the vehicle, adjusting radio settings, or engaging in any other distracting activity will be considered negligent if an auto accident occurs.
- poor road conditions — When road conditions are hazardous because of a lack of maintenance, the party responsible for maintaining the road may be liable for resulting injuries and property damage.
- vehicle defects — In rare cases where a manufacturer defect is the cause of an accident, the vehicle manufacturer may be liable for resulting expenses.
Determining which party is at fault in an auto accident can be challenging, especially when more than one factor comes into play. If you are thinking about filing a car accident claim in Country Club, one of our attorneys can help you determine whether negligence was a factor in your accident.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Following a car accident, you have only a limited amount of time to decide whether you want to file a claim and receive compensation. As you make this decision, consider the following potential benefits of filing a car accident claim.
1. Financial Compensation
It is common for car accidents to leave victims struggling financially. Expenses related to car accidents may include hospital bills, rehabilitation expenses, and doctor appointment costs. You may have also lost wages if your injuries make it impossible for you to return to work. If you file a successful car accident claim, you may receive compensation for these losses.
2. Protecting Others From Harm
When you file a car accident claim, you force the party who caused the accident to think critically about their actions. In some cases, this may stop the person from behaving as negligently in the future. Likewise, others who hear about the case may be encouraged to behave more responsibly.
3. Bringing The Responsible Party To Justice
Filing a car accident claim gives you a chance to make sure that the party who caused your crash is held accountable for their actions and that justice is served.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
All car accident claims are unique, but every claim is affected by certain common factors. For example, every car accident claim must be filed before the statute of limitations expires. This is a period established by the state of Florida that limits the amount of time you have to file your claim after the accident occurs.
When preparing to file a claim, you should also be aware of comparative negligence, which could impact the value of your claim. If the court finds that you share any of the fault for the accident, you can still seek compensation, but your settlement amount may be lowered.
Other factors may also impact the outcome of your claim. For advice specific to your case, it may be best to contact car accident lawyers in Country Club.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The specific amount of damages you will take home if you win your car accident case may be difficult to estimate, as multiple factors will have an effect. However, you may be able to estimate your compensation by considering how the accident has impacted your financial and personal life.
For example, the value of your medical bills and other expenses will be taken into account, as well as the amount of wages you have lost. Likewise, the court will consider how your accident changed your hobbies, relationships, and enjoyment of life.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
When a car accident claim is successful, the claimant is typically awarded a financial settlement to cover their losses. When you win a settlement, the settlement may include two primary types of damages.
The most common damages awarded in these cases are compensatory damages, which means they compensate you for a specific loss you sustained because of the accident.
Some of the compensatory damages you may receive include:
- medical benefits
- compensation for lost wages
- medical payments
- property damage benefits
- compensation for pain and suffering
- damages related to emotional trauma and psychological damage
- payment for loss of quality of life
If the person who caused your accident showed signs of malicious intent, you may also receive punitive damages. These additional damages are intended to punish the person who caused the crash.
Car Accident Rates In Country Club
Miami-Dade County, which contains Country Club, records high numbers of car accidents.
Some statistics specific to this Florida county are as follows:
- Nearly 66,000 auto accidents were recorded in Miami-Dade County during 2017.
- Auto accidents in this county during 2017 caused 285 injuries.
- 32,389 injuries related to auto accidents in Miami-Dade County were reported in 2017.
- While the number of total accidents increased from 2016 to 2017, the number of deaths and injuries decreased slightly.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Country Club
For car accident victims, filing a claim is the most effective method of recovering compensation from the party responsible for the accident. However, the process of filing and litigating a car accident claim can be challenging.
To make sure you have all the resources you need to be successful, you need to hire an experienced personal injury attorney.
Some of the experienced lawyers at Florin|Roebig who represent clients in the Country Club area include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Luca G Esposito
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Because of Florida personal injury law, you have only a limited amount of time to act if you want to collect compensation after a car accident in Country Club. For this reason, it is in your best interest to contact a qualified attorney as quickly as possible.
At Florin|Roebig, we have extensive experience with car accident cases, and we are here to help you get the justice you deserve. Call our office today to make an appointment.