Has a car accident in North Fort Myers upended your world? You may be wondering how you’ll pay your bills if it may be some time before you can go back to work. The car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig can help you file a car accident claim and seek damages to compensate you to whatever extent possible for your extensive losses.
Common Causes Of CarAccidents In North Fort Myers
When a person gets their driver’s license, they assume responsibility for themselves, their passengers, and others on the Florida roadways. They should be in control of their vehicle at all times and follow the rules. When they don’t, bad things can happen.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in North Fort Myers include:
- commercial vehicle accidents
- head-on collisions
- drunk driving accidents
- failure to yield
- poor road design
- mechanical failure
- DUI/DWI accidents
- hit-and-run accidents
- truck accidents
- motorcycle crashes
- bad faith claims
- road hazards
- uninsured/underinsured motorist
- chain reaction
- rear-end collisions
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
The most common reason to file an injury car accident claim in North Fort Myers is to pay medical bills. But people file claims for many reasons.
The reasons you choose to file a claim may impact the strategy your car accident lawyers in North Fort Myers use to win your case.
Reasons for filing might include:
- getting money to pay other expenses you would not have if not for the accident
- preventing this from happening to someone else by bringing awareness
- preventing future events by getting an unsafe driver off the road
- getting an insurance company to pay, according to its contract with the insured
- bringing about changes in how businesses or governments do things as it relates to your accident
- punishing the other party
Punitive damages are a special type of damages intended to punish the other party when they have been grossly negligent. They exceed what you can otherwise justify through your car accident claim in North Fort Myers.
Punitive damages often send a message to others that the justice system will not tolerate the associated behavior. The larger judgments you hear about on the news typically include punitive damages. You or your car accident attorneys must make a strong case that they’re needed when gross negligence comes into play.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Many factors can influence your car accident claim in North Fort Myers, such as:
- types of damages you have, which may also include property damage
- how bad injuries are, how many injuries, and how many people injured
- how much time you missed from work and whether you can return to your previous career
- statute of limitations
In the state of Florida, the statute of limitations for negligence claims is four years. This type of claim includes personal injury due to car accidents, among other things. It’s worth your while to get started with filing your car accident claim in North Fort Myers as soon as you’re able.
The state of Florida considers comparative negligence when evaluating a personal injury claim. This means that in the court’s eyes, both parties may have some fault for the accident.
But one side’s negligence is usually much higher than the other’s. In these cases, the party with higher negligence is likely to have to pay the person with a lower percentage of negligence. The person who gets paid may have their damages reduced by a percentage based on how much fault is legally theirs.
One of the critical jobs of your car accident lawyers in North Fort Myers is to show that the other party’s percentage is so much higher than yours because this maximizes your damages. On the other side, they’ll likely have car accident lawyers try to shift more negligence onto you to reduce the damages their clients have to pay.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Damages awarded go beyond medical bills and may include compensation to cover:
- physical, occupational, mental health, speech, and other forms of therapy
- miscellaneous home expenses for things you could do for yourself before the accident, but couldn’t for a time
- lost wages
- lost job
- lost career if injuries prevent returning
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
- loss of enjoyment (e.g., if a woodworker hobbyist no longer has full use of their hands, then something precious has been taken from them)
- loss of companionship or consortium (e.g., a beloved spouse lost their life in the accident, leaving the surviving spouse and/or children without that companionship)
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
This depends on several factors, which will be unique to your case. Car accident lawyers in North Fort Myers help you explore and understand factors by asking you questions and reviewing documentation from medical professionals and other experts with your permission.
- type and severity of the injury
- how many people were injured or lost their lives
- how impactful the injury has been in your life
- how finances have suffered
Our Featured Case Results
Car (Auto) Accident Rates In North Fort Myers
The North Fort Myers and Lee County areas experienced the following car accident rates in 2018:
- 109 car accident deaths
- nine deadly hit-and-runs, which were among over 100,000 hit-and-runs in the state
- a car accident death rate of 14.7 per 100,000 people and a slight decline since the 2016 high
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving North Fort Myers
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident claim, you could file your claim without car accident attorneys in North Fort Myers. But, having car accident lawyers on your side during this trying time may be very beneficial to you.
You can count on the car accident attorneys on the other side to try to discredit you and minimize what you’ve been through. They may force the case into a courtroom when an experienced lawyer could have built a case that would encourage the other party to settle out of court.
The successful and experienced team of car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig is prepared to file your car accident claim in North Fort Myers and go to trial if needed to get you the damages you deserve.
Our car accident attorneys serving North Fort Myers include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you’ve suffered because of the negligence of another, it’s time to get in touch with car accident attorneys. The team of lawyers at Florin|Roebig have over 30 years of trial experience and a track record of winning substantial damages for their clients.
Don’t try to navigate the complex world of filing a car accident claim in North Fort Myers alone. Please contact us for a free consultation today.