From new drivers learning the rules of the road to Uber drivers who are busily awaiting their next ride, Vero Beach can be the site of a number of car accidents each year. Car accidents in Vero Beach may occur for any number of reasons, but even minor impacts can cause major disruption and stress to those involved. Even a seemingly small injury can result in chronic pain and disability over time.
There’s no doubt that being in a car accident can be disorienting at absolute best. Whether the accident occurred to you or someone you love, navigating the accident claims process can be daunting.
It’s why many people turn to a lawyer in times like these. Learn more about the reasons behind car accidents, why people file a claim, and how lawyers work to ensure that you don’t suffer any more than you already have.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Vero Beach
Car accidents can occur at any time, in any place, for a number of reasons, but statistics show some common causes.
Your accident may have been caused by one (or more) of the following:
- excessive speed: Even going 10 miles an hour over the limit can impact the driver’s response on the road. Those precious extra seconds can mean the difference between a close call and a serious collision.
- reckless driving: Some drivers will take serious chances on the road with no regard for their safety or the safety of others. They may race one another, perform death-defying stunts, or simply throw caution to the wind.
- exhaustion: A driver that hasn’t slept for several days won’t be able to react the same way a rested driver will. Unfortunately, this is an all-too-common occurrence.
- health conditions: Some drivers will get on the road even when their physical health is beginning to take a turn. For example, maybe they’re experiencing severe leg cramps, blurred vision, or blinding headaches. These can all greatly impair a person’s driving ability.
- distracted driving: There are plenty of reasons why a driver may take their eyes off the road, including to look out the side window or down at their phone. It only takes a moment for an accident to occur due to their inattention.
- hazardous road conditions: Broken glass in the road, severe rain, heavy winds: hazards on the road can quickly cause drivers to lose control of their vehicle.
- drugs and alcohol: Prescriptions, martinis, or street drugs can impair a person’s reaction times and lead to an accident.
You may be able to file a car accident claim in Vero Beach for any of these reasons. Even in seemingly uncontrollable situations, such as hazardous conditions, drivers are still expected to maintain their composure on the road (or pull over to a safe spot if they cannot).
Got hit Dec 10 2019. By a man who claimed he didn't see me. Called florin Roebig.P.A. They are helping me so much with my injuries and my suit I recommend them for First Call
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Many people will file a car accident claim because they want to be sure they can cover their many expenses after the car accident. However, some people will file because they feel a sense of personal responsibility to keep dangerous drivers off the road.
Whatever your personal reasons are for filing a claim, shedding more light on a car accident can help the courts make better decisions for the community. If dangerous drivers are allowed to continue driving, it greatly increases the odds of further injury or even wrongful death.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
A car accident claim is affected by the circumstances of your life both before and after a claim. If a med student was permanently disabled after the car accident, it will impact the student very differently than someone at the tail end of a long and industrious career. The courts will look at both the severity of the injuries as well as the potential that someone displayed prior to the accident.
They will also process things differently based on the type of claim. For example, a property damage claim is likely to be awarded less compensation than a personal injury claim, and it will likely be settled very differently based on the direct losses that you incurred. Car accident attorneys can tell you more about everything from the statute of limitations to how expert medical testimony will impact your case.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
No one can tell you exactly how much you’ll win because each case will be tried differently. However, the car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig may be able to give you a better idea of what you can expect based on the injuries and circumstances of the accident.
As you might imagine, the cases awarded the most compensation are those that prove the most disruption and loss. If you’re seeking legal help due to a wrongful death, there’s no amount of money that will put the situation right. The best you can do is achieve justice both on behalf of the person you lost in an effort to mitigate a devastating situation.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
You can file for the following damages after a car accident occurs:
- medical care
- long-term care
- lost wages
- loss of consortium
- punitive damages
- pain and suffering
Some of these costs are straightforward in terms of calculations. A surgeon or an at-home aide will charge set amounts that can be directly submitted to the court when requesting reimbursement. However, many of the other charges are not nearly so easy to calculate.
For example, what is the true cost for the victim’s spouse who is now expected to care for three young children without any help? In the case of loss of consortium damages, this will need to be determined before filing.
A lawyer can help you understand how the courts view certain damages, such as pain and suffering. This term refers to the monetary figure put on the mental stress you’ve endured after the accident.
Lawyers can also help you figure out how much in wages you’ve lost due to the accident. Please note that lost wage damages do not merely refer to the wages that you’re making now, but can also apply to the wages that you would have made after the accident.
Car (Auto) Accident Rates In Vero Beach
Vero Beach and Indian River County have reported the following car accident statistics:
- In Vero Beach, rear-end crashes are the number one type of accident. According to the Traffic Engineer in
- Indian River, there has been a surge of accidents due to distracted driving.
- In 2017, there were 1,728 total crashes in Indian River, leading to 28 fatalities and 1,079 injuries.
- Drivers between the ages of 21-24 were the most likely age group to be involved in a car crash in 2017 (of all drivers under the age of 25).
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Vero Beach
Filing a claim may be one of the most important decisions you can make for your life following an accident. During this time, you’ll want an experienced lawyer to advise you and fight on your behalf for the best chance of a favorable outcome for your claim. The lawyers at Florin|Roebig have all the skills and experience needed to help you get the settlement you deserve.
Our car accident lawyers include these award-winning attorneys and many others:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- John J. Hart
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Chad K. Florin
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you’re puzzling over the paperwork of a claim, you should know that you’re not alone. The courts need to see very specific evidence, and court officials are not always patient when errors are made. Florin|Roebig understands just how daunting this can be, which is why we’re here to help you figure out a way to move forward.
No matter what the circumstances were that led to the accident, there’s no reason to leave your future in the hands of an insurance company. Your health and well-being are too important to leave it to chance. If you want to give yourself the best opportunity to succeed, call us today to request our expert assistance.