Every car accident is different from the next, but these incidents are often life-altering for victims. Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may find yourself facing a mountain of medical expenses, along with serious disabilities that impact your ability to work or even enjoy your life.
No amount of money can truly make up for these losses, but a fair settlement offer will make it easier for you to move on with your life.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Winter Haven, Florin|Roebig law firm is here to help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Winter Haven
Car accidents may occur for a variety of different reasons in Winter Haven, and not all of these car accident causes will qualify you to file a claim.
In general, you will be able to file a car accident claim in Winter Haven only if your car accident is the result of someone else’s negligence.
Some of the situations that usually qualify as negligence include:
- a driver who causes an accident while intoxicated
- an accident caused by a distracted driver
- accidents occurring on hazardous roadways that have not been properly maintained
- an accident that occurs because a driver violates traffic laws
- accidents related to speeding or other dangerous driving habits
These situations are often complicated, and it can be difficult to determine if a specific accident will lead to a claim. For this reason, we recommend consulting a car accident attorney as soon as possible after being injured in a crash.
After being denied coverage by my car insurance for a Hit and Run that happened to me, I thought I was going to have to eat the cost of car repairs and medical bills. Until Florin Roebig. They took care of everything. Went WAY above and beyond in helping me to repair my car and myself. I am blown away by the help I received, and the care and attention I was shown. No question was too much, no request too trivial, and definitely no stone left unturned. Kathy was assigned to help me, and I can never say thank you enough. You guys are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be <3
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Just as your car accident is unique, your car accident claim will be unique. Several different issues will come into play in your individual car accident claim, making it somewhat difficult to predict the outcome without a thorough analysis.
You can get an idea of how your claim may play out by considering the following factors:
- negligence — car accident claims must be able to show that negligence was a factor. This means that you must show that someone else’s actions or lack of action was the cause of your crash. In some cases, the court may find that you are partly responsible for the accident. If this occurs, you may still qualify for a settlement.
- statute of limitations — If you want to file a car accident claim in Winter Haven, you will have only a limited amount of time after the crash to begin the process. This is known as the “statute of limitations.” To prevent this law from having a negative effect on your claim, move quickly after being injured in an auto accident.
- type of claim — Following a car accident, you may need to file a property damage claim and/or a personal injury claim. The type of claim you file will impact the evidence you need, as well as the way the case proceeds.
- your finances — When determining the outcome of your case and calculating any settlements, the court will consider the way the accident has impacted your financial situation. Keep careful records of all your related expenses in order to maximize your settlement offer.
- your personal life — The court will consider your physical condition and the way an injury changes your life. For example, if you have disabilities from the accident that prevent you from working or enjoying recreational activities, these issues will be taken into consideration. Likewise, the court will consider the emotional and psychological consequences of the accident.
For more information about the various factors that may impact your car accident claim, consider scheduling a free case evaluation with a seasoned car accident attorney to discuss your case.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Because several different factors will come into play, the amount of compensation you will win in a car accident case can be difficult to estimate.
You may be able to get an idea of your claim’s value by considering the following issues:
- the type of injury — Minor injuries that are expected to heal completely will not bring as much compensation as a more serious injury that leaves you with ongoing physical limitations.
- your financial situation — Some accidents will impact the victim’s financial situation more severely than others. If your car accident led to significant expenses, your settlement amount will include compensation for these expenses.
- your personal life — If the accident left you with noticeable changes to your personal life, such as an inability to enjoy former hobbies or ongoing psychological issues, your settlement amount will be higher.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If you win a car accident case, you will most likely receive a financial settlement designed to compensate you for all the losses you experienced after the crash. The exact damages you will receive in this settlement depends on the specific details of your case.
The majority of the damages you will receive fall under the category of compensatory damages, which means that they are intended to make up for a specific loss you sustained during the accident.
Some of the damages you may receive include:
- medical payments to compensate you for past and future healthcare expenses
- compensation for lost wages
- damages related to loss of earning ability
- benefits to compensate you for the pain and suffering you experienced
If the person who caused your car crash was extremely negligent, you may also qualify to receive punitive damages. These damages are intended to punish the responsible party.
Auto Accident Rates In Winter Haven
Auto accidents occur in Winter Haven frequently.
Here are some car accident statistics specific to Winter Haven and surrounding Polk County:
- In 2017, Polk County recorded a total of 11,378 auto accidents.
- A total of 112 people died in Polk County auto accidents during 2017.
- Polk County car accidents were responsible for a total of 7,555 injuries during 2017.
List Of Car Accident Lawyers Serving Winter Haven
The attorneys at Florin|Roebig law firm are both experienced and dedicated, working hard to ensure that every client has the best chance of receiving a fair settlement.
If you are thinking about filing a claim in Winter Haven, you may benefit from making an appointment with one of the members of our team, such as the following esteemed attorneys:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- John J. hart
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you believe you may be entitled to compensation from the person who caused your car accident, you need to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. Please call Florin|Roebig today to learn more about our services or to make an appointment for a free consultation with a member of our team.