The right legal team can mean the difference between fair compensation and a failed claim. When you are considering filing a car accident claim in New Smyrna Beach, take the time to find a quality legal team.
Florin|Roebig is a respected, knowledgeable firm dedicated to helping our clients find success in their car accident claims. If you’re struggling to understand the process, reach out to one of our attorneys for help today.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In New Smyrna Beach
Car accidents in New Smyrna Beach can have a large number of causes. As the distractions for drivers continue to increase, the number of accidents is also likely to increase.
Knowing the cause of your accident is key to helping you file an appropriate claim. If you feel that the other driver is, at least partially, at fault, you may have the right to seek compensation.
Some common causes of car accidents in New Smyrna Beach include:
- distracted driving
- using technology in the vehicle
- driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- tired or buzzed driving
- problems with the vehicle
- failing to yield to traffic signs
- problems with the road
- hard-to-read street signs
- failure to yield the right-of-way
In most of these cases, you may have the right to seek compensation. Even if the problem is with the road or street signs, someone is liable for the circumstances that caused your accident.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
You may have many reasons for wanting to file a car accident claim in New Smyrna Beach.
Some common reasons include:
- financial need — Medical bills, loss of life, and damage to property are all costly problems. The bills can build, leaving you struggling financially. Seeking financial compensation is a common reason to file a car accident claim.
- long-term income loss — If the accident was a fatal accident or caused life-long injuries, you may lose future income. This should be part of your claim.
- desire for accountability — If the at-fault driver is not held accountable for their actions, nothing will prevent them from doing the same thing again. Filing a car accident claim can serve as a wake-up call.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Whether you have grounds for a claim, and how valuable that claim may be, depends on many factors. Working with a team of car accident lawyers in New Smyrna Beach will help you evaluate these factors so you can make wise choices. Your attorney will look at everything from the extent of your injuries to the circumstances of the accident to determine the claim amount and type.
Some of the factors that will impact your claim include:
- the financial costs of the accident
- the extent of your injuries
- who was at fault in the accident
Other specific factors that need consideration include:
Negligence often plays a role in car accidents. Negligence occurs when someone’s actions or inaction directly cause an accident, even if the intent was not to cause an accident. Your attorney will help you determine if there was negligence in your case.
Florida is a comparative fault state. This means that both the victim and the at-fault party can share legal fault for an accident. Your degree of fault or contribution to the accident will lessen your compensation amount.
Determining your fault in an accident requires the help of car accident attorneys who can help you review the details of your case. Even if you are partially at fault, you may still be due compensation.
Seriousness Of Injuries
If all you suffer in an accident is a few bruises and bumps, you may not need to pursue a car accident claim. If your injuries are more serious, such as loss of a limb or a traumatic head injury, you may need financial compensation to help cover those costs. Car accident lawyers in New Smyrna Beach are experienced at helping their clients weigh these considerations.
Overall Life Impact
Finally, your attorney will help you consider how much of an impact the accident had on your life overall. Many serious injuries can completely disrupt a person’s lifestyle. If you can no longer work or enjoy activities you once enjoyed, you deserve compensation for that fact.
Similarly, if a family member dies after an accident, the survivors deserve compensation that reflects the extent of lifestyle change brought by this loss. Loss of companionship, income, and parental influence all factor into this decision.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Each car accident case will be unique because of the different factors involved. The amount of compensation you could win is directly connected to these various factors, and car accident attorneys are well-versed in helping their clients understand the potential compensation of their claims.
Typically, the more damages you sustain, the higher your potential compensation will be.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
The various types of damages for a car accident claim in New Smyrna Beach range from compensation for your injuries and medical bills to help to cover the emotional pain and suffering you experience.
Some common types of damages include:
- punitive damages — These are the hardest types of damages to claim, and they seek to punish the at-fault party for their actions in the case.
- pain and suffering — These damages cover the emotional trauma you experience. They are hard to quantify but are nonetheless important.
- medical expenses — Your attorney will help you get compensation for both your current medical bills and projected future costs.
- lost income – Lost income from your inability to work due to your injuries or because of loss of life is another type of damages.
Car (Auto) Accident Rates In New Smyrna Beach
Every year, people are injured and lives are lost in New Smyrna Beach due to car accidents.
These are some of the concerning statistics surrounding crashes in the city and the rest of Volusia County:
- In 2018, 114 people died in car crashes in Volusia County.
- That was a rate of 19.5 per 100,000 people.
- In 2015, 1,026 crashes in Volusia County were due to distracted drivers.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving New Smyrna Beach
The right help after a car accident starts with finding the right attorney. Florin|Roebig has a team of car accident lawyers in New Smyrna Beach who are ready to assist you in filing your case. They are attentive and tenacious legal professionals who will stand with you through every step of the process ahead.
If you are facing the aftermath of a car crash, reach out to one of our attorneys, such as:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Matthew L. McMullen (MN)
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Finding Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Florin|Roebig has a team of car accident attorneys who have helped people across the state of Florida recover millions of dollars in damages after their cases. If you are struggling in the aftermath of a car crash, our team is here to assist you in seeking fair and just compensation.
When you partner with Florin|Roebig for your car accident claim in New Smyrna Beach, you benefit from experienced, knowledgeable legal professionals. We will be with you for the entire process, ensuring you get fair and just compensation.
Reach out to Florin|Roebig today for a free case evaluation to discuss your claim with our skilled car accident attorneys.