Even when you drive as carefully as possible, you may still be involved in an accident. In most cases these accidents occur because one or more drivers on the road behaved negligently. If you were injured in an accident that was not your fault, you can often collect compensation. However, it is best to pursue your financial settlement with the help of a qualified attorney.
As attorneys who have experience with these claims, the team at Florin|Roebig is uniquely positioned to help you win your case. We have a history of success, and we are dedicated to making sure every client we represent receives fair compensation.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In North Lauderdale
Car accidents happen in North Lauderdale every day, leading to injuries and even death in some cases. If someone is injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, Florida law entitles the victim to compensation for all related losses.
However, because different factors can contribute to a car accident, it can be challenging to determine whether the cause of the crash was negligence.
The cause of your car accident may be considered negligence in a Florida court if:
- a driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- a driver disobeyed traffic laws and/or was exceeding the speed limit
- a driver was driving too fast for the road conditions
- a driver was distracted by texting, talking on the phone, or some other activity
- a driver is overly tired
- the road has been poorly maintained and is hazardous
Other situations may also qualify as negligence. For advice specific to your case, contact an experienced car accident lawyer.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Some claimants have one clear motivation when filing a car accident claim, while others choose to file a claim for more than one reason. Some of the most common motivations claimants have when filing these lawsuits are as follows.
1. To Collect A Financial Settlement
If you have been injured in a car accident, or if your personal property was damaged, it is likely that you have incurred expenses. The accident may have also impacted your life in other ways. For example, you may be unable to enjoy former activities, or you may have lasting psychological damage. Although a financial settlement will not eliminate these problems, it can help you move forward.
2. To Avoid Future Incidents
Car accidents often result from the same types of dangerous circumstances. When you file a claim, you bring the attention of the public to these situations, which may reduce the risk of future incidents.
3. To Hold The Negligent Party Accountable
Someone who behaves negligently and causes a car accident should not walk away without facing consequences. Filing a lawsuit ensures that this individual is brought to justice.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Every car accident claim in North Lauderdale will be different, but several common factors will impact many of these claims.
Some of the factors that will impact car accident claims include:
- the extent of the victim’s injuries
- the amount of time missed at work
- the impact of the injuries on the victim’s personal life
- whether the victim will make a recovery
- whether the victim shared any fault for the accident
- whether the victim filed the claim before the statute of limitations expires
One of our attorneys will be able to help you understand how each of these factors will affect the outcome of your car accident claim.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Many clients want to know the value of their claim before they decide whether to file. Every claim is unique, so this is a difficult figure to estimate. In general, the value of your claim will be heavily dependent on the impact the accident has had on your life, both financially and personally.
For this reason, it is important to document all of your expenses and intangible losses as carefully and thoroughly as possible following the accident so you have plenty of evidence to show in court. Your attorney can provide additional information and guidance on this topic.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
A fair auto accident settlement should include compensation for every loss related to the accident, including both financial and personal losses. For this reason, it is important for claimants to keep careful records of their expenses and other losses to present to the court.
Depending on your circumstances, some of the damages you may receive include:
- medical damages — Most car accidents lead to injuries. If you were injured in the accident, your settlement should include payments for your medical bills. It should also include additional benefits to cover the medical treatment you may need in the future.
- pain and suffering benefits — If you suffered physical pain, or if you were emotionally traumatized by the accident, your settlement may include additional compensation to make up for these intangible losses.
- compensation for lost wages — If your car accident led to disability, either temporary or permanent, you may have lost wages. Car accident settlements should compensate you for the wages you have already lost because of the accident, as well as any lost or reduced ability to earn money in the future.
- property damage payments — If your personal property was damaged during the car accident, you may receive additional payments as a result.
- punitive damages — In accidents that involve malicious intent or other extreme circumstances, your settlement may include punitive damages to punish the party responsible.
It can be difficult to anticipate the exact damages your settlement will include without the help of a qualified attorney. Contact our firm for more information.
Car Accident Rates In North Lauderdale
The city of North Lauderdale is located in Broward County, where car accidents are common.
Specifically, in 2017:
- Broward County saw a total of 41,337 auto accidents within its borders.
- 225 people were killed in auto accidents in Broward County.
- 24,762 injuries related to auto accidents were recorded in Broward County.
- The number of accidents, injuries, and fatalities was slightly lower than during the previous year.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving North Lauderdale
The team at Florin|Roebig has significant experience in personal injury law cases, including cases related to car accidents. Our team is committed to the success and welfare of every client, and we work tirelessly to make sure you get the settlement you deserve.
Members of the Florin|Roebig team serving clients in North Lauderdale include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Shaun M. Cummings
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
If you have been a victim in a car accident in North Lauderdale, you need the right attorney on your side in court. Having a qualified attorney will make it much easier to file a successful claim and collect the compensation you deserve. To learn more, or to begin the process of filing a claim, please contact the team at Florin|Roebig today.