Cutler Bay car accidents can result in a variety of consequences for victims. Every accident is unique, but common consequences include physical injuries, medical expenses, emotional trauma, lost wages, and ongoing psychological issues.
Because the impact of these accidents can be so severe, Florida law allows car accident victims to file lawsuits against the party who causes the accident. In most cases, the negligent party will be another driver. However, some cases may involve vehicle manufacturers or other organizations.
If you are thinking of filing a car accident claim, hiring an attorney to represent you in court is highly recommended. The experienced lawyers at Florin|Roebig are here to help you through every step of this complicated process.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Cutler Bay
If you choose to file a car accident claim, the cause of your accident will play an important role in determining the outcome of your case. In order for the claim to be successful, the cause of your car accident must involve negligence, at least in part.
The state of Florida defines negligence as the failure of someone to demonstrate the lowest amount of care deemed reasonable under the law.
Some of the examples of common car accident causes that usually fall into the category of negligence are as follows:
- A driver who is distracted, such as by texting, talking on the phone, putting on makeup, or even holding a conversation with a passenger.
- A driver who is fatigued or otherwise physically unfit to be operating a vehicle.
- A driver who is under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription medications.
- A driver who violates traffic laws, such as posted speed limits or road markings.
- A driver who makes an error, such as failing to yield to oncoming traffic when turning left.
Because so many different factors can play a role in causing an accident, it can be difficult to determine who is at fault for the crash. However, even if you share some of the fault for the accident, you may still be entitled to compensation under Florida law. For this reason, all car accident victims should consider talking to an attorney to learn more about their rights and legal options.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Not all car accident victims choose to file claims for compensation. However, filing a claim offers several potential benefits.
For example, when you choose to file a car accident claim, you will be able to:
- pursue a fair settlement — If you have financial or personal losses related to your car accident, you deserve to receive compensation for these losses. The most effective way to pursue compensation after a car accident is by filing a lawsuit against the responsible party.
- ensure future incidents are avoided — After you have been injured in a car accident, you likely do not want anyone else to suffer in the same way. Filing a claim in court gives you a chance to reduce the chances of similar incidents occurring in the future.
- hold the negligent party responsible — As a car accident victim, you deserve to see justice served. The party who caused your accident should be held responsible for what they have done, and they should be required to face consequences. Filing a car accident claim allows you to ensure accountability.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
When preparing to file a car accident claim in Cutler Bay, one of the most important factors to consider is the statute of limitations, which is the legal limit on the amount of time you have to file the claim. Because of the statute of limitations, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible in order to protect your rights to collect a settlement.
Another important issue to consider is the impact negligence will have on your case. Your car accident must have been caused by negligence in order to qualify for a claim. However, in situations where the accident was the result of more than one contributing factor, the situation is more complicated. One of our attorneys can review your situation and explain how this issue may affect your claim.
Perhaps the most important issue to consider is the overall effect the accident has had on your life. In some cases, potential claimants are reluctant to file claims because of the time and effort they believe will be required. However, if the accident has significantly altered your financial and/or personal life, filing a claim is in your best interest.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation you can win when you file a car accident claim will depend on the specific details of your accident and the way it has impacted your life. For this reason, it can be incredibly difficult to estimate the value of your claim without help from an attorney.
Some of the factors that may come into play when determining the value of your claim include:
- the nature of your injuries
- the exact financial impact of the accident
- the aspects of your life affected by the injury
- whether you were partly at fault for the accident
- whether you are expected to make a complete recovery
Your attorney will be able to help you understand how each of these considerations will affect your case.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Car accident claim settlements can be complicated and usually include multiple types of damages.
If your car accident claim in Cutler Bay is successful, you may expect to receive compensation for:
- past medical bills
- future estimated medical expenses
- lost wages
- lost earning ability
- pain and suffering
- psychological trauma
- loss of enjoyment
- property damage
In some select cases, car accident settlements may also include punitive damages. Talk to an experienced attorney to learn more about these settlements or to discuss your claim in detail.
Car Accident Rates In Cutler Bay
Cutler Bay is a part of Miami-Dade County.
These statistics relate specifically to car accidents in this area during 2017:
- Almost 66,000 car accidents occurred within Miami-Dade County. The number of annual accidents in this county has been increasing in recent years.
- 32,389 people were injured in auto accidents in Miami-Dade County. Another 285 people were killed in these accidents.
- The number of injuries and deaths related to auto accidents in Miami-Dade County decreased from 2016 to 2017.
- More than 44,000 accidents led to property damage in this county.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Cutler Bay
At Florin|Roebig, we understand that every car accident claim is unique. We also know that the outcome of the claim makes a huge difference in the life of the client. Our team is dedicated to making sure every client has the best chance of a successful outcome in court.
We serve clients across the state of Florida.
Members of our legal team who can handle claims in Cutler Bay include the following experienced attorneys, as well as many others:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Luca G Esposito
- Shaun M. Cummings
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Being involved in a car accident is never easy, but the situation is even more complicated when you are left with expenses you can’t afford. If you have been a victim of someone else’s negligence, the qualified attorneys at Florin|Roebig are here to help. Please contact us today to learn more about your options for filing a car accident claim in Cutler Bay.