People in Siesta Key can be involved in a car accident at any time. In many cases, these accidents lead to serious injuries and expensive bills. If your injuries prevent you from being able to work, you may lose even more money through lost wages. For many people, the most effective way to recover these losses involves filing a car accident claim against the party responsible for the accident.
However, filing a car accident claim in Siesta Key can be complicated. For this reason, it is in your best interest to contact an attorney if you are planning to file a claim.
If you are thinking about filing a car accident claim, you need the right attorney on your side. At Florin|Roebig, we have substantial experience representing clients in car accident claims and we can help you or a loved one navigate the legal world to successfully file your claim and get compensated for your loss.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Siesta Key
Car accidents may occur for a variety of different reasons.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents are:
- intoxication — When drivers are intoxicated with drugs, alcohol, or prescription medications, they don’t exercise their best judgment. In some cases, this may lead to an accident.
- fatigue — Driving while tired can slow reaction times and impair decision-making skills, which may lead to a crash.
- distracted driving — If someone drives while texting or engaging in some other distracting behavior, an accident is likely to result.
- speeding — Speeding is often a factor in car accidents. Accidents that involve speeding are also more likely to be severe.
- traffic law violations — Many accidents occur because drivers accidentally or intentionally disobey the rules of the road. For example, they may fail to yield when they should or run a stop light to save time.
Other factors, such as poor visibility or poor road conditions, may also contribute to car accidents. In many cases, car accidents have more than one contributing factor, making it more difficult to determine whether a lawsuit can be filed. An experienced attorney can help you determine whether you qualify for a settlement.
After being denied coverage by my car insurance for a Hit and Run that happened to me, I thought I was going to have to eat the cost of car repairs and medical bills. Until Florin Roebig. They took care of everything. Went WAY above and beyond in helping me to repair my car and myself. I am blown away by the help I received, and the care and attention I was shown. No question was too much, no request too trivial, and definitely no stone left unturned. Kathy was assigned to help me, and I can never say thank you enough. You guys are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be <3
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
There are many different reasons you may decide to file a car accident claim. Perhaps the most common and obvious reason for filing a claim relates to collecting compensation.
If your accident led to injuries and/or financial loss, filing a claim is the best way to collect compensation. When you file a successful claim, you will be awarded a settlement designed to cover all the losses you have experienced because of the accident, including your financial expenses and the effects of the accident on your personal life.
In addition to collecting compensation for your injuries and other losses, you may also choose to file a car accident claim in order to hold the negligent party responsible for the damages they caused. When you file a claim, this individual will be forced to acknowledge what they did wrong and face appropriate consequences.
Finally, you may choose to file a car accident claim for the purpose of protecting others. Filing a claim in court when you have been the victim in a car accident not only encourages the party responsible for your crash to be more careful in the future, but it may also convey an important warning to other drivers.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Car accident claims in Siesta Key can be complicated and are affected by multiple factors. Understanding how these factors will come into play can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. For example, the extent of your injuries will have an impact on how easy it is to win your claim, as well as the amount of the settlement you receive.
Likewise, the court will consider the financial impact of the accident carefully when determining how much money to award you. The more money you have lost because of the accident, the higher your settlement amount will likely be.
Remember that successful car accident claims are only possible when negligence was a factor in the accident. You must file your claim within the statute of limitations in order to collect a settlement. To ensure that you have taken all of these important factors into account and that you are meeting all the requirements of Florida law, contact our office for guidance.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
As you prepare to file your car accident claim, it is only natural to try to estimate the amount you will collect if you win. Because so many factors come into play, calculating an accurate estimate can be challenging.
However, you can get an idea of how much your claim may be worth by considering:
- the nature and severity of your injuries
- whether you are expected to make a full recovery
- the aspects of your life that have been affected by the injury
- whether you suffered pain and trauma
- the exact financial impact of the accident
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Many claimants wonder what damages they will receive if their claim is successful.
Although every claim is different, some of the most common damages included in car accident settlements are as follows:
- damages for medical expenses
- compensation for lost wages, both past and future
- benefits to compensate you for pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
- punitive damages, in cases where the person responsible behaved maliciously
- An experienced attorney can give you a better idea of what damages you can expect to collect.
Auto Accident Rates In Siesta Key
Car accidents are a frequent problem in Siesta Key and surrounding Sarasota County.
Here are some statistics specific to this region in Florida:
- A total of 6,625 auto accidents were recorded in Sarasota County during 2017. This accident rate was slightly higher than the previous year.
- 49 people died as a result of car accidents in 2017 within Sarasota County.
- Car accidents in Sarasota County led to a total of 4,002 injuries during 2017.
- Although the number of accidents in this area increased from 2016 to 2017, the number of associated injuries and fatalities decreased slightly.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Siesta Key
Not all personal injury attorneys have the same level of skill or experience. For this reason, it is important to make your selection carefully. The team at Florin|Roebig has been representing clients in car accident cases for many years, and we serve clients across the state of Florida.
Some of the attorneys on our team who serve clients in Siesta Key are:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Luca G Esposito
- Nicholas S. Costantino
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Florin|Roebig has represented clients in car accident claims throughout Florida. We are strongly dedicated to our clients, and we always put forth our best effort to make sure every client receives the settlement they deserve.
If you have suffered injuries and/or financial loss because of a car accident in Siesta Key, our team is here to help you collect compensation. Please contact our office today to schedule a consultation or learn more.