Dealing with the after-effects of an automobile accident is never easy. Although some car accidents cause only minor injuries that heal quickly, others may leave you with severe disability that prevents you from returning to work. In the worst cases, car accident injuries can lead to wrongful death. Serious injuries may leave victims with mounting expenses, including medical bills.
If you have found yourself in this situation, filing a personal injury claim is the best way to recover your losses. If you are able to file a successful personal injury claim, you will be able to collect a settlement that covers your expenses and helps you move on with your life. Florin|Roebig attorneys are happy to review your case and help you begin the process of filing a claim.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Lehigh Acres
Several different factors may contribute to car accidents in Lehigh Acres. However, in order to qualify victims to file a personal injury claim, the cause of the car accident must be at least partly related to negligence. In the state of Florida, “negligence” is defined as the failure of one or more parties to exercise the minimum standard of care the law requires.
Car accident causes that involve negligence include:
- driving with distractions, such as while texting or talking on the phone
- driving while overly tired
- drunk driving / driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) or other controlled substances, including pain pills
- disobeying traffic laws, such as speeding or running stop signs
Factors that do not involve negligence include errors you may have made while driving and inclement weather. If you aren’t sure whether your accident qualifies you to file a personal injury claim, please contact our law offices for guidance.
Got hit Dec 10 2019. By a man who claimed he didn't see me. Called florin Roebig.P.A. They are helping me so much with my injuries and my suit I recommend them for First Call
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
You may decide to file a car accident claim for a single reason or for a combination of reasons.
Some of the most common motivations include:
- holding the negligent party responsible — If someone else’s negligence causes you injury, they deserve to be held accountable for what they have done. Filing a car accident claim is the easiest way to bring this person to justice.
- preventing future accidents — When you file a car accident claim, the party who caused your accident is less likely to behave negligently in the future. Likewise, your claim may draw attention to the type of negligence involved in the case, which may help to prevent future accidents involving other drivers.
- collecting compensation — Car accidents most often result in significant expenses, as well as ongoing impacts to your life. Collecting compensation gives you the resources you need to deal with these issues.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Every car crash is unique. One of the factors that will affect your claim is the issue of negligence. In the state of Florida, it is possible to file a personal injury claim even if you share fault for your accident. However, the amount of compensation you will receive is directly related to your level of fault for the accident.
Another factor that will affect your claim is the impact of the accident on your personal life and finances. The more significant this impact has been, the easier it will be for you to win your case. This factor will also play a role in determining how much money you can collect from the responsible party.
Yet another factor that can affect your car accident claim is the statute of limitations. You must file your car accident claim before the statute of limitations expires. Otherwise, your claim will not be valid. For this reason, it is important to move quickly after you have been injured in a car accident.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
One of the concerns many car accident victims have before filing a claim is what the settlement amount will be. However, collecting the exact amount of money you expect to collect if you win your case can be a challenge.
In general, the amount of compensation you will win depends on the specific details of your situation. For example, one of the factors that will be taken into consideration when calculating your settlement is the amount of bills you have paid because of the accident. The higher this amount, the greater your settlement will be.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Several different types of damages may be awarded when you win a car accident case in Lehigh Acres. The majority of these damages are compensatory in nature, which means they are intended to make up for a specific loss you suffered because of the accident.
Examples of compensatory damages may include:
- damages for medical expenses
- compensation for lost wages
- benefits related to a loss of an ability to earn money
- damages for loss of enjoyment/quality of life
- benefits related to the physical pain and suffering you experienced, as well as any emotional trauma
In some cases, your settlement may also include punitive damages. The purpose of these damages is to serve as a punishment for the person who caused your accident.
Auto Accident Rates In Lehigh Acres
Lehigh Acres is a part of Lee County and located in Southwest Florida.
Here are some auto accident statistics related to Lee County:
- Lee County recorded a total of 12,709 auto accidents during 2017.
- A total of 113 fatalities related to auto accidents were recorded in Lee County during 2017.
- Nearly 8,000 injuries were recorded in relation to auto accidents that took place in Lee County during 2017.
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Attorneys Serving Lehigh Acres
Filing a car accident claim in Lehigh Acres is complicated, and there are many laws and factors that will affect your case. For the best results, you need a dedicated, successful attorney on your side.
Some of the injury attorneys on the legal team at Florin|Roebig who serve clients in Lehigh Acres include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Luca G Esposito
- Jordan A. Kolinski
- John J. Hart
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim In Lehigh Acres
If you of a loved one have been involved in an auto accident in Lehigh Acres, you need to act quickly to protect your right to collect compensation. In order to give yourself the best chance of recovering the maximum amount of damages, you need assistance from a qualified attorney. Please contact the law firm of Florin|Roebig today to schedule a confidential and free consultation or to learn more about how we can help.