Sometimes car accidents are unavoidable. Unfortunately, in many cases, these accidents lead to consequences you will continue to face for months or even years after the accident has occurred. Some of the possible consequences of a car accident include physical injuries, emotional turmoil, mental health issues, lost wages, and a lower overall quality of life.
No amount of money can make up for the pain and suffering you experience during and after a car accident. However, collecting money in the form of a car accident settlement from the party responsible for the crash can help you to begin rebuilding your life.
These settlements can compensate you for all of your losses, including the loss of employment, medical bills, and more. In order to maximize your chances of winning a fair settlement, however, you need the right attorney on your side. At Florin|Roebig, we have experience with these types of accident cases, and we can help you pursue legal action to get the justice you deserve.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Jupiter
In order to be able to collect compensation after your car accident, you must be able to show that your accident involved negligence. This means that the party who caused your crash failed to exercise the minimum amount of care Florida law requires. Not all causes of car accidents fall under this category.
Car accident causes that usually qualify as negligence include:
- speeding, running stop signs, or disregarding other traffic laws
- driving while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other substances that impair judgment
- distracted driving, such as driving while texting or putting on makeup
- driving while fatigued
- road rage or reckless driving
Other situations, such as vehicle malfunctions, may also qualify you to file a claim. Because car accidents can be complicated, however, it is sometimes difficult to determine whether your situation meets the requirements for a car accident claim.
To find out whether your car accident meets these requirements, you need to discuss the matter in detail with an attorney. Please contact our firm to make an appointment.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Victims who are injured in car accidents may decide to file claims against the responsible party for several different reasons. Perhaps the most common reason for filing a claim is the desire to be compensated for financial and personal loss.
Car accidents typically lead to high expenses for medical care, as well as lost wages. Filing a car accident claim is the best way to recover these losses and begin rebuilding your finances.
Car accident victims may also choose to file claims in order to bring the responsible party to justice. These cases force the negligent party to face the consequences of their actions.
In other cases, car accident victims may decide to file a claim in hopes of protecting others. These claims draw attention to situations that often lead to car crashes, which may encourage others to behave more responsibly.
Got hit Dec 10 2019. By a man who claimed he didn't see me. Called florin Roebig.P.A. They are helping me so much with my injuries and my suit I recommend them for First Call
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Your ability to file a car accident claim and collect a substantial settlement may be affected by a range of factors.
Some of the most important factors to consider as you prepare to file your claim include:
1. Statute Of Limitations
Following a car accident, you need to move quickly in order to protect your right to collect a settlement. If you don’t file your claim before the statute of limitations expires, you may forfeit your right to compensation.
2. Comparative Negligence
In the state of Florida, it is possible to collect a settlement even if you are partly at fault for the accident. In cases where you and others share fault for the crash, your settlement amount will be lowered based on your proportion of responsibility.
To calculate your settlement amount, the court will review the evidence you present to show how the accident has affected your life. For this reason, it is essential to keep all receipts and other records in a safe place so you can demonstrate the impact of the accident as accurately as possible.
You might also be interested in...
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
As a car accident victim, it is natural to wonder how much your case will be worth. However, multiple factors may affect the amount of compensation you will take home if you win your case, making it difficult for you to estimate your claim’s value.
Some of the factors to consider include:
- the type of injury sustained — While mild injuries lead to lower settlement amounts, serious injuries with lasting complications are more likely to yield a higher settlement.
- the financial impact of the accident — The more expenses you have incurred because of the crash, the higher your settlement will likely be. Likewise, if the accident’s consequences are expected to continue impacting your finances in the future, your settlement amount will increase.
- the impact of the accident on your personal life — In many cases, car accidents impact your personal life. For example, you may deal with mental health issues that affect interpersonal relationships, or you may be unable to engage in previous hobbies. These impacts will affect the value of your car accident claim.
An experienced attorney can give you a more accurate picture of how much your claim could be worth.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
When a car accident claim is successful, you will typically receive a settlement designed to compensate you for all the losses you experienced after the accident. Every settlement is unique and will be based on the specific details of your situation.
Some of the most common damages awarded in these settlements are as follows:
- compensation for lost wages
- compensation for lost ability to earn money
- damages related to medical bills and future estimated medical expenses
- damages for physical pain and suffering, as well as any mental anguish you experienced
- benefits for loss of enjoyment and/or quality of life
In cases involving extreme negligence or malicious intent on the part of the person responsible for the crash, you may also receive punitive damages.
Auto Accident Rates In Jupiter
Auto accidents are common in Jupiter and the surrounding area, with crashes occurring every day.
Here are some statistics specific to Jupiter and the surrounding county of Palm Beach:
- During 2017, Palm Beach County saw a total of 27,273 car crashes.
- 162 people died in car accidents occurring in Palm Beach County during 2017.
- These accidents also caused nearly 16,000 injuries.
- The number of car accidents, injuries, and fatalities in this county all decreased from 2016 to 2017.
List Of Top-Rated Car Accident Lawyers Serving Jupiter
The law in Florida does not require you to have legal representation in order to file a car accident claim. However, if you want to give yourself the best chance of success in court and a fair outcome, you need guidance and representation from someone who understands personal injury lawsuit cases.
The team at Florin|Roebig has a long record of success representing clients involved in car accident claims.
Some of the personal injury attorneys on our team who represent clients in the Jupiter, Florida, area include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Luca G Esposito
- John J. Hart
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim In Jupiter
When filing a car accident claim, it is in your best interest to secure representation from a qualified attorney who knows Florida personal injury law. If you have been injured in a car accident and you are interested in filing a car accident claim in Jupiter, the attorneys at Florin|Roebig are here to help. Call us today to schedule a confidential and free consultation or to learn more about our services.