Car accidents can change your life in unforeseen ways. Not only are there injuries to overcome, but you may also be unable to do things that once gave your life meaning. Bills and expenses may also keep piling up.
Filing a car accident claim in Green Acres gets you on the path to re-establishing your life through compensation for your losses. The car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig are prepared to navigate the complex world of personal injury claims for you and help you successfully file a claim.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Green Acres
People have to complete a written and practical test to get a driver’s license for a reason. As a licensed driver, what they do on the road matters. They can cause a lot of harm if reckless and must take responsibility for their actions.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Green Acres are:
- running lights and stop signs
- reckless or careless driving
- failure to yield
- distracted driving
- unsafe U-turns
- tired driving
- distracted driving
- failure to maintain the vehicle properly
Any of these signs of failure to drive responsibly could be a reason to file a car accident claim in Green Acres.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
After a car accident, paying medical bills may take priority. However, before you file a car accident claim in Green Acres, you should evaluate your additional reasons for filing a claim. These reasons may influence the tactics car accident attorneys use in your case.
Some reasons to file a car accident claim include:
- payment for other expenses you wouldn’t have if the other party had not caused this accident
- getting someone to take responsibility for their actions
- getting an insurance company to pay per its agreement with the insured
- getting a company or government to change how they do things
- preventing someone else from going through an accident similar to yours
- keeping an unsafe driver off the road
- achieving a sense of closure if you lost someone in the accident
Punishing the other party is known as punitive damages. These are reserved for cases where someone was grossly negligent. In other words, their actions, or failure to act, were far beyond those of a reasonable person in the same situation. Punitive damages extend beyond your actual losses.
Experienced car accident lawyers in Green Acres understand how to make a case for these damages by demonstrating that gross negligence occurred.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Before you file a car accident claim in Green Acres, it’s vital to consider factors that may influence the outcome.
Some factors that may influence the claim include:
- statute of limitations
- the severity of your injuries and whether your doctors expect a full recovery
- how those injuries impact various areas of your life
- if someone lost their life
The statute of limitations in Florida for personal injury claims involving negligence is four years, so don’t delay filing your car accident claim in Green Acres.
You also need to know about comparative negligence before you file a claim. Comparative negligence recognizes that when an accident happens, both sides may have some fault. But one side’s fault is probably greater than the other’s.
The Florida courts use this concept when considering who is at fault. It factors into how much the person who was injured actually deserves, according to the law. If damages are awarded, they will be reduced by the percentage of fault that courts believe the injured or deceased person has.
It’s up to you or your car accident lawyers in Green Acres to make the case that the other party’s negligence was much higher than yours.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Comparative negligence aside, how much could you win? Every case is different. Car accident lawyers in Green Acres can increase your understanding of the true value of your claim. It may be much more than you think.
Some factors that influence the amount include:
- where the injury is and how bad it is
- whether doctors expect a full recovery or ongoing disability, scarring, pain, etc.
- how the injury impacts your finances
- how it impacts your family and other aspects of your life
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
You can add several types of damages to your car accident claim in Green Acres. Part of maximizing your award is understanding the various categories that may apply. This is definitely an area where car accident attorneys can assist.
Some common types of damages in Florida include, but aren’t limited to:
- medical bills
- mental health
- occupational, physical, and speech therapy
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
- property damage
- lost wages
- inability to return to your profession
- wrongful death
- home management expenses, for things you cannot do for yourself that you could do before the accident (e.g., driving, cooking, cleaning, groceries, budgeting)
- loss of enjoyment(e.g., a person is no longer able to coach the local youth baseball team after the accident when they regularly performed this activity before)
- loss of companionship/consortium (e.g., inability to be intimate after the accident led to divorce)
Car (Auto) Accident Rates In Green Acres
In Green Acres and Palm Beach County in 2019, The Florida Highway Patrol and local police reported:
- 404 DUI/DWI
- 803 reckless driving
- 147 hit-and-runs
- over 1,000 driving on an expired license
- Nearly 200 people lose their lives in the county each year due to accident-related injuries.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Green Acres
When you have been injured in a car accident, you can file a car accident claim on your own, but you may find it difficult to navigate the complexities of personal injury law alone.
Not only do the experienced car accident attorneys at Florin|Roebig increase your understanding of the real value of your claim and how to file it, we will also work to maximize your settlement amount so you can get the compensation you deserve.
Our car accident lawyers serving clients in Green Acres include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Michael L. Walker, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
The team at Florin|Roebig has the resources and over 30 years of trial experience to win substantial judgments for our clients. We will work to ensure you understand your rights and legal options, explain the estimated value of your claim, and be there to guide you throughout the entire process.
You deserve experienced representation. Please reach out to Florin|Roebig to discuss your claim today.